First time on Duromine.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AmityChick, Nov 2, 2012.

1. AmityChick

AmityChick New Member
    Registered

So I was with a friend of mine when she popped into the chemist to fill a script and I happen to glance down at it and realised it was for Duromine and it was for her boyfriend and it just made me think "Well if the doctor will reccomend him on Duromine then he'll have no problem putting me on it" and I made a doctors appointment for a couple days later. My doctor put me on 40mg for a month and I have to go back in a few weeks to check in where I'm at. Doctors have been hinting on going on it for a while but I never really thought about it until a few months ago I just realised I don't want to be fat anymore. I'm 20, 183cm tall and weighed in yesterday (my first day on duromine) at 135.8kgs and my BMI is 40.55 so I'm morbidly obese. I don't let my weight get in the way of my life with the choices I make but I just generally don't like being fat. I know some people are quite encouraging for big girls with the whole"big girls are beautiful too" and yes that is true, but why would anyone rather be overweight. I've always been bigger, my whole life so I didn't really notice myself getting bigger. But i'm over shopping with friends and seeing all the great stuff they can buy and how much cheaper it is too! Lol
    So, first day on Duromine was unreal! Took it at around 7.30 with a piece of toast and had a full day at work, felt really optomistic all day and felt motivated all day which was great at work. At around 1pm I had a few strawberries and a handful or cashews cause I wasn't hungry but knew I had to eat. Felt really good for the rest of the day especially when colleages were eating hot chips and I had no desire what so ever to have any. Then around 4.30 I had another couple strawberries and at 8.30 for dinner I had half a piece of a basa fillet and like 2 pieces of broccoli and a few pieces of carrot and I couldn't eat anymore, I wasn't hungry at all but had people over so I ate. I didn't get to sleep until around 12 and woke up at 4.30 and went back to sleep until 6.30 and then today is day two! Took Duromine with toast again at 7.30 and feeling good even though I only had four full hours of sleep. Very excited to weigh in next Thursday and see where I'm at. As for exercise, I will be trying to go for a walk every day for about 30 minutes. I have also been drinking heaps of water and have had no side affects as of yet that I have noticed. So glad I gave it a go even if It kick starts me in the right direction!

2. AshleyJayne

AshleyJayne New Member
    Registered

Can't wait to see how you're traveling on your weight loss journey :)
    I haven't found myself to be craving bad food either, even when friends or work colleagues are eating it in front of me.
    I hope you're doing great :)

3. aturn121

aturn121 New Member
    Registered

good on you. can't wait to see how u go. I'm on 40g as well, did 30g for a mth and have done 40G for 5weeks
    . starting weight 130 kg I'm down 12.5 kgs :) . keep us posted