First time on duromine!

Discussion in 'Men's Corner' started by Jr89, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Jr89

Jr89 New Member
    Registered

Hey folks!
    Ill start with my physical stats,
    29yrs closer to hell.
    176cm short.
    86kg wrecking ball.

I apologise for how long this will probably be, i ramble on sometimes but bare with me.
    Why duromine:
    Feeling crap about myself, im to embarrassed to take my 6mnth old swimming, i hate wearing tshirts cause of my man boobs, i havent swam without a shirt on since i was 8 because i have been too embarrassed.
    (Yes i have been to the gym and yes i eat well, always got "muscleyer" but could not shift the weight)
    Went to my local gp last week had a chat and got perscribed 30mg duromine and said come see me in a month when you finish this.
    (Today is day 3)
    I am VERY crap at keeping track of calories ect, even the apps i dont really understand, but i do keep a basic food diary of everything i eat and drink daily on a note pad. That i can always look back to.

By posting here i am looking for dumbed down and to the point info because all the research just goes over my head also i want to share my duro journey and the results with you guys.

Questions.
    Am i meant to keep eating brekky, lunch and dinner (smaller portions)?
    Am i meant to feel slightly more on edge?
    My attention span seems to be non existant as my boss said today "your away with the faries today mate" is that normal? Does it pass?
    Between work and home life i am walking minimum 8km a day with other mixed physical work (im in the construction industry) is that enough exercise to achieve results?
    Last but not least can i have a beer on the weekends?

Im really sorry for the small novel you all just had to read but any dumbed down info would be fantastic!

Appreciate any help.
    Cheers.

2. Jr89

Jr89 New Member
    Registered

About to hit the hay for the night, this is my daily calorie count that my wife put into an app. apparently the numbers are 100% accurate.
    I dont exactly know if its good or bad results. Let me know if any of you see where i could improve to get the best out of duromine.
    Daily calorie intake for weight loss - 2160
    Total calories eaten today - 1312
    Calories burned off - 1900

Cheers

3. Jr89

Jr89 New Member
    Registered

Im not getting much love on here at all am i haha..
    Could anyone tell me which "calories burned" i am meant to follow in the attached photo?
    Calories burned - 1892kcal
    Activity - 484kcal

Not sure which one i am meant to follow for how much i have burned off.

Cheers!
    Give me some love.

Attached Files:

4. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Oh my! I was away from the forum and missed such an interesting forum user =(( I hope that you didn't go away for good and I really hope that you are still going. How are the results?

About the picture, I am not sure which app this one is. Maybe they do have some info for the users which explains what exactly the track and how these should be understood.

From your first message... you asked about the activity, whether it is sufficient or not. and the food intake along with gym.. and nothing working...

You know, if you realy want to lose the weight, you need to fight hard, from every possible aspect. I mean, if you were eating the way you were and hitting the gym + the walking to and from work, and the weight wasn't shifting, it means that these were not enough, obviously.

Yes, you do need to reduce the portion size, you are correct, and you have to make sure that most of your portion size is vegetables and lean protein, not the fast carbs.

I am not sure whether you still visit the gym or not, but adding strength exercises is VERY beneficial for weight loss in men, as a rule. You might consider having a couple of sessions with a PT, so that he helps you develop a proper training program. If gym is not an option right now, there are PLENTY of workouts on youtube, which really do work, including the HIIT ones that help boost your metabolic rate.

You already have a food diary, and it's great - it is a big help. If you take the PT sessions, show it to the trainer and see what his suggestions are about your food.

Another idea is to have your hormones checked, just in case... on the other hand, it was your GP who prescribed Duromine, so he would probably send you for the blood check and could have considered the idea of checking the hormones.

now quick answers to your questions (though, probably, irrelevant already):

yes
    yes
    yes, it is normal and it should pass
    about the exercises see above
    about the beer... i personally would not recommend at least for the sole reason that it makes you gain weight and alters your hormones, if you are a fan of it. besides, it is not recommended to have alcohol while on Duromine.

Hope you're doing well and hope on hearing from you soon!