First time on Duromine. SEP 2014

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by D__emi, Sep 23, 2014.

1. D__emi

D__emi New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone,
    On Monday September 22 I started my journey to lose weight dependant on a synthetic drug called duromine.
    Although weight had been an issue my entire life due to PCOS I always had a handle on it via exercise and ketosis.
    Unfortunately this is not a sustainable diet and being a single parent as well as a carer for my elderly parents and working full time in Education management...I could no longer do this.
    So this is day two of my journey.
    I am on 15 mg
    I weigh 85 kg
    and I would like to return to my 70 kg or 65
    At the moment 70 feels real.
    I visited my doctor today and she said I may even gain weight or not in the first 2 weeks depending on how my body deals with it.
    I have headaches.
    I am not hungry for dinner but I have picked during the day on vegetables, juiced some too, fruit and almonds.
    I hope I lose weight as my body has not budged all year.
    I am very uncomfortable in all my clothes !
    I refuse to buy new clothes as I want to wear all the nice stuff I had.
    Wish me luck on my journey.
    I am very inspired, motivated and driven as a result of reading all your stories so thank you for that !
    Definitely not alone in this.
    Demi ! :-D

dimple77 likes this.
  2. D__emi

D__emi New Member
    Registered

Today is day 2 .
    Although I ate very well today I also did not feel like anything waa supressing my appetite. My doctor recommended I increase to 30 mg.
    As I always have low blood pressure she thought I would be a good candidate. I asked her why she was quick to say I would put on before I lost the weight and mentioned the 3 kg avge I had been reading about and she said that was a myth...so I am confused...
    Anyway those headaches are persisting but I have to say I am disappointed as I still pick on food throughout the day.
    Apparently I am meant to wait till it kicks in. Who else had a " meh" experience ?

3. CandyM

CandyM Member
    Registered

Hi , I haven't heard of anyone gaining weight in the first 2 weeks. Quite the contrary , week 1 always seems to be everyone's biggest loss week. If I can give you my opinion , don't jump to the 30 just yet. I am on the 15mg , the side effects are minimal , I sleep well but its still effective. For the headaches I suggest lots of water and also don't graze on food all day , rather have 3 healthy meals with 2 good snacks like fruit , nuts or yogurt.

I am in week 4 now , will start my 2nd pack of Duromine on Monday the 29th , I will also update my stats which I believe are :
    Starting weight : 83kgs
    Current weight: 77kgs
    So with a loss of 6kgs in the first month , I feel it has definitely worked for me. My goal is to get to 60kgs by January 2015.

Good luck on your journey!

4. D__emi

D__emi New Member
    Registered

Hi Candy
    yes i found my doctor's information strange but she is the doctor so I will take it on board.
    Also, I don't want to graze..but if it will take my self control alone,I may aswell be doing this alone like I had in the past.
    Thank you for your feedback Candy.
    Personally, the proof will be in the scales Monday coming.

As for me. Last night I was tired and slept like a baby. It is making me very tired.
    Also, when I wake my eyesight is blury and I have a headache.

I feel lighter today. I am planning on going out for lunch with some colleagues. I don't eat junk food. My issue is at high stress moments I will eat everything in sight. As I am on a short break I know I will behave.
    I am planning to have gluten free bread toast for b/fast and salad & protein for lunch and protein & veges for dinner.
    Wish me luck.

p.s : I believe you should have some celery, almonds and or a handful of blueberries/strawberries as an in-between snack to keep your metabolism going. Looking beautiful and wearing nice clothes are great things to achieve but a sustainable diet that will help you maintain your weight afterwards, followed by strength and health are more important.
    Good luck beautiful ladies.
    Demi

#4 D__emi, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
    christine V likes this.
  5. D__emi

D__emi New Member
    Registered

Hi all
    day 3 @ 3pm
    firstly, lunch was great. I ordered a soy flat white ( I am lactose and gluten intolerant) so that was good.
    Due to a temporary work promotion I went to buy some new professional shirts for work ( I used to be a 12-14) in shirts as i am very busty. I bought the 16 ! ( ouch/ inner tears) but I feel confident that these are temporary purchases that I'll wear in December and they will be swimming on me !
    I am mot hungry and I feel happy.
    Duromine has helped me more mentally than in the appetite dept.
    Somehow I ferl my body is blocked or stunted...really don't feel like ill have a loss. By day3 on any program i have always felt a shift...not feeling it..
    anyway..ill keep being fat and happy and delusional until i see my scales change...
    Also
    i ate well today. Isowhey disbetic shake with lactose free milk for breakfast, morning tea : kale, celery, 1/4 gold kiwiw fruit and fresh ginger in the nutri bullet, lunch 2 slices gluten free bread with steamed chicken + lettuce.
    a couple of coffees so far too.
    I will have a shake for dinner... not feeling hungry !
    So although i feel happier I am less hopeful as my body is not showing signs of " i have budged" ...so it is getting me a bit down.
    Thanks for being a part of this and for all your stories and feedback...
    Demi

6. latashas

latashas New Member
    Registered

Hey Demi, I started on 21st and cant wait to see the 1st weeks results. I can feel the changes in my sleeping patterns and my body but I try to just take one day at a time as everyone has diff side effects. im determined to get my body back but its a journey that requires dedication ... I still feel peckish and want to nibble but I keep fruit nearby . Im off to my 1st function today and its gonna be a challenge for sure... wish me good luck!

7. D__emi

D__emi New Member
    Registered

Hi
    Good to see someone beginning at the same time.
    My folks had us over for dinner and I ate the alternative ( rice crackers, boiled chicken, lettuce, tomato and sliced red pepper.)
    i feel good but am lazy to exercise.
    the reason i got in to Duromine was to experience this apparent ' burst of energy' lol !
    I guess what I am realising more and more is that I can and should do this alone... I mean it requires my strength everytime i make a choice. I honestly know right now that 15 mg is doing nothing. The lonly thing I feel is slightly happier...
    thanks so much for sharing your experience latashas as , it is very helpful. Hope I fall into the 2-3 kg category on Monday !!
    good luck at your event. Remain strong.You can do it !
    Demi.

8. D__emi

D__emi New Member
    Registered

Hey Latashas forgot to ask- Are you on the 15, 30 or 40 mg ?
    thanks, Demi

9. D__emi

D__emi New Member
    Registered

Update
    Feeling light in my tummy.
    Don't feel like picking on junk food at all.
    Maybe the change is coming ...
    - good night -

10. latashas

latashas New Member
    Registered

Hey Demi , its a pleasure to share as reading this site just helps knowing im not alone. I am on the 30mg. Update from braai and I was a bit naughty snacking and enjoyed some potato salad... but abstained completely from any alcohol , but walked around with my drink in a wine glass so that people wouldn't notice.lol had a nice day but have a headachd now as I never drank enough water.... I expect the numbers will go up on my daily weigh in tommorw morning...but will catch up... night night

11. D__emi

D__emi New Member
    Registered

that's ok don't be so hard on yourself. Enjoy life. Potato salad ? Come on there are worse things ! You did well.
    last night and this morning I am beginning to feel that light feeling and also the feeling that something is budging.
    I hopped on the scales and there was like a small increment under 85 ... That is a good sign for me as the scales have not budged in a while.
    I don't have headaches as D/mine is making me drink water. I have not been a water drinker in a while.
    I am glad a lot of ladies told me to persevere. About 11 weeks ago I had 2 week holidays from work and I ate the same but on top of that I trained so hard. In 2 weeks my clothes were looser but nothing had budged on the scales. I guess I am psychologically angry with exercise ...lol I don't know why because I love it. I escape when I pop my headphones on and jump on my treadmill.
    So that is my new challenge. To find the motivation to exercise.
    I am here on this journey in cyber world with you guys.
    This support forum has been great.
    Day 4 today.
    Signing off
    Demi

Typical_Jules likes this.
  12. D__emi

D__emi New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone
    Just had a thought.
    My doctor mentioned on Tuesday that I may need the 30 mg due to the 15 mg wearing off by about 5-6 pm
    She is right.
    Every night I have had to struggle.
    I feel like I want to share something with you all but my experiences are not the same,
    I feel I struggle in comparison with you all - you weigh yourselves and with this ease have dropped 3 kg on average.
    I don't get it .
    I am starting to become discouraged and lose faith in anything helping me but me.
    I need to cut out food alone- I think if I got to 42 and was able to do it then I can do it alone.
    Synthetic drugs never had an affect on me so this is not any different.
    I'm very upset and disappointed tonight.
    D

13. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Aw Demi, it's only day 5. Too soon to say. Maybe 15 mg isn't enough for you, so you need 30mg. It happens. As for the success weigh ins of others, don't look at them. It is you and your personal experience, your individual weight loss journey. Your body is different, like everybody else's. It is normal. I would worry, if you would have mentioned you didn't lost a kilo in a month! Another suggestion - the pills don't work for you (which is rare) and you are right then. But...

Listen to me - an old (LOL) experienced lady who went through all this long ago - don't give up now! Exercises are good, but think maybe change your treadmill for something else, like strength exercises. Because recently I've read that running, jogging, etc. for 15-30 mins per day do nothing for your weight loss (!) To lose a significant amount, you would have to run on a treadmill for an hour every day (who on earth can do that?!) and it's stressing the heart, so there's no point. Just for a warm up - yes, 10 mins are enough. But after that you can do some stretching, yoga, or some easy "weight loss exercises" I can search for you if you want. Just try something different that your body will enjoy doing. Maybe that will help to find a motivation to exercise. Think of it.

Well, if you can cut off some foods on your own - good. But please do it in a right way. Like, make up a diet plan for a week and follow it. Feel free to ask for recepies, we are here to help each other, share things.
    Anyway, please keep posting and let us know how you're doing.
    P.S. Sorry if I hurt your feelings in any way :oops: I am just a bit emotional today))

D__emi likes this.
  14. Typical_Jules

Typical_Jules Active Member
    Registered

It's is only day 5, don't give up just yet. I felt the same way, and on my own doubled my dose from 15 to 30 at day 13 or something. One day at a time. Stay with us

D__emi likes this.
  15. D__emi

D__emi New Member
    Registered

Hi still 85 kgs
    Thanks ladies.
    My weight depresses me.
    Not having control of your body is a horrible thing- women with pcos will know that if you lose a little control of your eating pcos just takes over and it's horrible.
    I decided to take my 15 mg tablet at 12 so it can take me through the later part of the day.
    So I'll wait. Also I was diagnosed as lactose and gluten free this year and I have put on weight trying to find alternatives . I believe I need to remove bread and rice until I see what works.
    Kate- I know what you are saying and I hear you and there is no need for apologies. I get you and thank you so much for your advice. Lol - how could you hurt my feelings ? You are offering advice which is quite the opposite. ( takes a lot to do that to me anyway xxx )
    I guess I have to re discover what works for me.
    Thanks for listening to my whining...I hear my self and I want to shut me up ! ☺️
    I am on the slow release 15 mg so I figured if I start later I can have more control in the morning. It is when I feel my best anyway.
    At the moment I am looking after my elderly parents. Living with them and since my mum had a stroke she is obsessed with cooking so I am surrounding by food .
    I am on holidays and although I would normally get out of the house my daughter came down with a nasty infection so she has been on antibiotics and house - bound.
    I am finding my self lost in their 3 worlds and I have been so good with my eating that I wanted some reward on my scales !! Lol but all good.
    I want to hop on the treadmill..and originally it was located in the garage of my home but now that I have moved in with my folks it sits on their back decking area - so I can train at night because ATM during the day the people next for are building and there a workmen everywhere.. Usually I don't care who sees me but I am feeling very fragile so I Will not train early but rather later. I also downloaded apps on my ipad to train in the privacy of my home so there are no excuses.
    Thanks again Kate & Typical _ Jules just knowing someone is listening in my lonely world ATM is beautiful.

Typical _ Jules - thanks for letting me know and yes I will persevere. Did you take 2 of the 15 mg pills when u increased it alone ?
    I am listening to all of you and taking all of what you say on board. I thank you !!
    I may visit my doc today.
    Thanks x

Thanks
    Demi x

P.s to Katie - this treadmill workout is 30 minutes and pretty good I use the HIIT method which my personal trainer 2 years ago had suggested to me as well as floor work. ( not the kind of floor work you are thinking ladies ! ) I' ll attach it so you can see it and may be others may like it.
    I will use it tonight.

Attached Files:

Kate likes this.
  16. latashas

latashas New Member
    Registered

Keep the faith Demi, you are not alone . I have a very long journey ahead of me and sharing is good. I cant wait to see my 1st weeks results...hope today goes better for you

17. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Wow, this treadmill workout is something different I've ever seen. I guess it is a great combination of physical loads we need throughout a day. Great trainer you had, Demi. I actually like this set and maybe I'll try it my own soon, seems like it is not as boring as a usual 'walk' on treadmill. Thank you. See, you are a good adviser yourself)))

P.S. I am glad that my advice is somehow useful for you. You are a nice person and a strong woman. Hold on there with your home care. I know how it feels, but the best thing is that it makes us (women) even stronger. Wish you and your family stay healthy. Stay with us:)

18. Mishi-baby

Mishi-baby New Member
    Registered

Hi

I am on the 30mg and I started on the 1 Sept 2014 and I had my first weigh in on the on the 08 Sept 2014 and I lost 4kgs in one week I weighs 76kgs and I went down to 72kgs and then my journey continued, I weighed in again and on the 15 Sept 2014 I lost 7kgs I am now weighing 67kgs and I am happy with my results and I am lucky I have no sleeping problems and no side effect. MY GOAL weight is to weigh 55kgs and have a flat tummy and I am loosing CM's after CM's I am doing palate classes too. I just thought I will share but all the best to everyone in duromine its not easy but will power is what each one of you have. GOOD LUCK

#18 Mishi-baby, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
    christine V and latashas like this.
  19. D__emi

D__emi New Member
    Registered

All the best with you journey and congratulations so-far ! Mishi baby
    What an achievement.
    Hey Kate, Thank- you. I just finished m workout.
    I did it. Today was great.
    I am on the Isowhey diabetic shakes.They have no sugar and they work well with PCOS patients. I took my duromine at 12 midday and it actually worked a little better.
    So today I had 3 x Isowhey shakes and nothing else but two cups of coffee.
    It is an extreme diet but I needed to kick start myself.
    Thanks and good luck.
    Demi

20. D__emi

D__emi New Member
    Registered

Hello-
    Weighed in September 27 @ 84kgs.
    exercise and 3 shakes did that and duromine at 12 midday at 15 mg.
    thanks for listening beautiful ladies.
    I'll keep you posted AND PLEASE keep me posted on your journey too !
    xx D

Attached Files: