First time for everything

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ashleigh7441, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Ashleigh7441

Ashleigh7441 New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Height:
    Lost:
    Goal Weight:
    Hey, everyone.

My name is Ashleigh. I am 26, and all my life, I have battled with my weight. I suppose a lot of people say that, but can many say they wore a women's size 8 skirt at the age of 5?

Before Duromine, I tried everything. Meal prep, custom diet plans, exercise, meal services. Nothing helped! With the days drawing closer to my best friends wedding, where 83kg me would be standing next to petite, beautiful, toned women, I felt more and more ashamed of a body I already hated. Here are a row of gorgeous women. And then there is me. The fat one. Always have been.

But not this time.

Prior to Duromine, I was exercising 4 times a week, starting with a 10km moderate to vigorous cycle, and finishing on weights. I was on a 1200 calorie plan done up by Lite 'n Easy (a real time saver!!). I made time in my busy life, to improve myself. But no weight fell off. Nothing at all. My efforts felt like they were for nothing, and it was disheartening putting in all the effort, and having nothing to show for it. I am a reasonable human, and understand that all the exercise would result in muscle mass, but the fat wasn't going away. If anything, I felt more lumpy!

I started my Duromine journey on 24 October 2018. My doctor prescribed the 30mg dosage of the capsule pill. My doctor requested I have a check up once a week, where I get weighed and have my blood pressure monitored. I changed nothing in my life. I continued with Lite 'n Easy, but found I couldn't eat all the food. I have been averaging between 800 and 900 calories per day. My exercise has remained the same, apart from adding an extra day during the week.

My side effects were not as terrible as what reviews and blogs warn you about. I have had dry mouth, odd taste in my mouth, and a bit of excess sweating. Nothing air conditioning and a lot of water and gum cant fix!

My first weigh in was on 1 November 2018. I went in not expecting anything, and not wishing that 10kg magically fell off in the last week. My doctor weighed me and checked my blood pressure. My blood pressure was slightly elevated from the last reading, but nothing to be concerned about. I explained to my doctor I had no feelings of a fluttery heart or heightened anxiety. The scale showed I dropped 2kg. Woohoo! I understood that I had been exercising hard, and would have gained some muscle mass, so my 2kg loss on the scale made me feel really good.

On 2 November, I decided to measure my waist. Prior to Duromine, my waist hovered between 80 and 81cm. On 2 November, I was down to 77cm! The measuring tape does not lie, and I believe it to be so much more accurate to understand what is happening with your body.

My next appointment is scheduled for 10 October, a little more than a week since my last weigh in. I look forward to continuing my journey, losing the weight I have battled with for all my life, and not looking out of place next to my best friend as she gets married.

Rava, Louise Kaye and Jo666 like this.
  2. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Registered

Congrats on your loss @Ashleigh7441 - thats fantastic!!

Your exercise program is really full on and I admire your determination! I can be such a procrastinator when it comes to exercise, but know once I am out there "doing it" that I feel great!

A 4cm loss on your waist is awesome!

I cant wait to read more about how you get on!

The only advice I can offer (if your not already) is to use either "My Fitness Pal" or "Lose It" both free calorie trackers that will break down how much carbs, sugar, fats and proteins you are eating. For me it was an eye opener when I logged everything I ate and had drank for the day -not realising how much sugar and calories I was actually consuming.

Also don't forget to give your body "rest days" in your exercise plan. :)

3. Shellmac

Shellmac New Member
    Registered

Good luck with your weight loss journey @Ashleigh7441 sounds like your are on the right track and you will be looking fabulous standing next to that bride !!! :)

4. Ashleigh7441

Ashleigh7441 New Member
    Registered

Thanks for the lovely response!

It really helps to find a way to work out that you love. I hate to cycle, but I love pushing myself to the limits when lifting weights!

I actually tried My Fitness Pal for a couple months and loved it! It really gave me a clear idea about what was going into my body, and made me see that not everything that appears healthy, actually is. I tried it again when I started Lite 'n Easy, but its so difficult to find some of the meals, as they change seasonally. I now keep a written journal, tracking my calorie intake and what exercises I do for the day. My doctor loves it!

Its amazing how, when you don't think about what you're putting into your body, you happily pick up a bottle of fruit juice and don't think you are adding any calories, and you don't worry about the sugar content. How did we get this far without considering this?? Humans - We are odd beings!

Rava likes this.
  5. Ashleigh7441

Ashleigh7441 New Member
    Registered

Thank you very much! I hope the weight continues to fall off, and stays off! I just hope my bridesmaid dress still somewhat fits! Haha!

Shellmac and Rava like this.