First Pill this morning

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jana, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Jana

Jana New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Height:
    Lost:
    None
    Goal Weight:
    Hi All

I am douromine 30mg today. I am so nervous after reading all the side effects...
    I am particularly nervous about heart problems. What have people experinced in terms of heart pain/problems? How do you know when to stop?

2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

You will know that you need to stop, if you get pain in the chest, palpitations, troubled breathing. But you should stop focusing on this. Otherwise, you will self-induce them, even if they were not to happen at all. Calm down. Let your body get used to the action of Duromine. If you worry too much, try taking it every other day,.. at least during the first week. Best of luck!

3. Jana

Jana New Member
    Registered

Hi April, thanks so much.
    Good advice!

4. Jana

Jana New Member
    Registered

Day 2 - I'm feeling really strange, dizzy and extremely bad headaches non stop. I've taken panadol but is there something more effective? I'm asthmatic and I think there is some restriction on pain medication. I didn't sleep all night but on the plus side I was so alert that i did a whole uni assignment in the middle of the night... the headache is definitely impacting me though. How much weight is the average amount per week?
    I haven't started any exercise yet but am sticking to 1000-1500 calories per day compared to previously 4000 +

5. Lottie86

Lottie86 Member
    Registered

I’d say depending on the person 1-2kg a week

April and Jana like this.
  6. Lottie86

Lottie86 Member
    Registered

If you add in exercise it maybe more

April and Jana like this.
  7. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

How are you today? did you decide to switch to once in two days schedule or still take it every day?

8. Jana

Jana New Member
    Registered

Hi April, Yes I decided to do it every 2 days. Suffering for terrible headaches and my heart feels like it's racing! I've checked my pulse and blood pressure and it's all fine though... what can i take for the headaches? Panadol doesn't seem to help and I'm asthmatic so not sure if i can take nurofen. Is it ok if my heart is racing or feels like it is??

9. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

I think it's better if you call your doctor. Really... not sure if you can take any other painkiller than panadol and ibuprofen. I think you also need to take something mild to calm yourself down... you've already checked your BP and heart rate, and these are ok. still, I think you need to talk to your doc. and don't forget about the need to increase your water intake.

10. Jana

Jana New Member
    Registered

Hi April,

Noted thanks. I'll check in with my dcotor.

Thanks