First month of Duromine

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Sierra, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Sierra

Sierra New Member
    Registered

A bit about me..

I have just started on duromine (generic brand metamine) two days ago. I am battled with weight my whole life, all through primary school and high school. I've just turned twenty one and decided I had to change. After a visit to the doctor, I faced the scales and weighed in at 132KGS and 168CM tall, I was pretty disgusted! I'm ultimately aiming to lose 52KGS to get to 80KGS. It seems like a lot but I'm setting realistic monthly goals which will slightly increase each month, I'm visiting my doctor every month and taking a picture of myself each month for motivation.

The doctor prescribed duromine to me, and wrote out a few guidelines: drink three litres of water a day, always have breakfast (with duromine every morning), no carbs after 3pm, no flavoured milks (my weakness), avoid fast foods, eat plenty of fruit and vegetables.

DAY ONE - 30/10/2012
    Feeling pretty good, not thirsty but drank three litres of water over the day and had to make trips to the bathroom every ten minutes! This got annoying quickly!
    Symptoms: Developed a sore throat that night and a head ache.
    Sleep: Eventually fell asleep and had a very restless night.
    Food:
    - Metermine (Duromine generic) with a bowl of nutrigrain for breakfast
    - Ham and salad sandwich on multigrain bread for lunch
    - Chicken wrap for dinner

DAY TWO 31/10/2012
    Didn't feel so good after the restless night. Woke up feeling lethargic and not hungry. Forced myself to have a piece of toast for breakfast, felt better after this.
    Symptoms: Head aches on and off all day, really really thirsty drank more than three litres today. Mouth feeing dry and throat quite sore and dry. No appetite at all, even went to a shopping centre and smelling the fast food made me feel ill. Had to make myself eat half a wrap as I was feeling faint. Moods a bit up and down. No cravings. Feeling positive about losing weight.
    Sleep: Felt really tired around 6:00pm, currently still awake at 11:11PM and feeling slightly sleepy (more so than usual for me)
    Food:
    - Metermine and toast for breakfast
    - Ham and salad wrap for lunch
    - Toasted chicken sanwhich for dinner

Thanks for reading, I'll continue to post updates and would love to hear other stories! Oh and I don't own scales yet!

CURENT WEIGHT: 132KGS
    MONTHLY GOAL WEIGHT: 127KGS
    FINAL GOAL WEIGHT: 80KGS (52KGS from start weight)

2. Pirate

Pirate New Member
    Registered

Good luck with your journey Sierra!

I'm happy to provide a little extra support and encouragement whenever needed!

I'm a little worried about the side effects, I start mine this morning, a little nervous, very hopeful and excited!
    It's funny, your Dr has told you to back off the flavoured milk, mine has told me to back off the wine. One of the reasons I'm happy to be on it is because you shouldn't drink while taking it and so I won't be drinking at all for the next couple of months. She also took my blood pressure while I was there and it was a little high, I think because of the being weighed and the conversation that followed.... But she has sent me home with a blood pressure kit to keep an eye in it over the next couple of days. It was fine this evening, so I'm hoping that's not going to be a problem...

I hope your headaches and sore throat don't last too long!

Looking forward to reading your updates!

3. Sierra

Sierra New Member
    Registered

DAY THREE 01/11/2012
    Can't believe how well I'm doing fighting my ice coffee addiction! Feeling pretty ill but positive!
    Very restless night last night, hot and cold flushes and a very sore throat. Not sure if this is a side affect of the duromine or some kind of virus. Not feeling hungry, drinking plenty of water. Purchased some scales today, not sure how accurate they are as they are ready at 137.6KGS and the doctor said I was 132KGS. Going with the scale weight though :( still having difficulty drinking three litres of water and making frequent toilet stops!
    WEIGHT: 137.6KGS
    SYMPTOMS: Sore throat, dry mouth, head aches come and go, faint feeling (eating small portions regularly seems to help with the faint feeling), feeling pretty achey and lethargic. Sex drive seems to have decreased, feeling slightly mood which isn't normal for me.
    SLEEP: Very restless last night, kept waking up every few hours feeling hot or cold. Felt really tired again late afternoon.
    CRAVINGS: (decided to add this as I usually crave ice coffee, chocolate milk and chocolate) Woke up feeling pretty gross didn't want to eat but I'm under strict instructions not to skip breakfast. Didn't want to eat all day, no cravings and general disinterest in food. I usually crave a lot at night after dinner but haven't been which is great :)
    FOOD: - Up and Go breakfast drink and a banana for breakfast - Chicken and salad sandwich plus one apple for lunch (could only eat half the sandwich very odd for me) - Sakata crackers/biscuits for afternoon tea (felt really faint these helped) - Beef stirfry for dinner.

Thanks for reading, hope I'm feeling better soon, and keen to hear from others :)

4. Sierra

Sierra New Member
    Registered

Hi Pirate, great to hear from you! I'm so happy to have your support and would love to hear how your journey is going.

Sierra,

5. Pirate

Pirate New Member
    Registered

No good that you're feeling a bit ill Sierra!
    I hope it doesn't last too long. I actually felt pretty good today, only concern is my blood pressure. I do have a bit of a dry mouth, and a couple of times a felt a bit weird in my jaw, but a piece if chewing gum helped the jaw feeling and I was completely expecting the dry mouth.
    Hope you feel better tomorrow?
    How often are you planning on weighing in?

6. Sierra

Sierra New Member
    Registered

I'm glad your blood pressure has returned to normal and you're feeling well :)

I can't believe the effect duromine has on my hunger and cravings. I'm never really hungry and I don't crave anything. I force myself to eat otherwise I find I feel really faint. I also keep a water bottle with me all the time now, hopefully the toilet stops will become less frequent as my body gets used to being properly hydrated. Looking forward to a path of weightloss. Would love to be a dress size or two smaller for Christmas!

Sierra.

7. AmityChick

AmityChick New Member
    Registered

Hey Sierra! Sounds like your doc is taking care of you! I'm also keen to lose abit before Christmas and hoping my doc keeps me on it over christmas, so hard work doesnt go to waste lol Good luck, sounds like you're going to do great!

8. Sierra

Sierra New Member
    Registered

Thanks AmityChick,

I think I've gotten a virus or a cold, I've never heard of anyone having all the side affects I'm having! Hopefully I'll be better and losing weight soon! Over being a size 20! I hope it works for you :)

Sierra.

9. Pirate

Pirate New Member
    Registered

Hey Sierra,
    Hour you're feeling a bit better today. A lot of your symptoms sound like they might be your body detoxing from so much sugar (if you were drinking a lot of flavoured milks), be totally unfair for you to be hit with a virus on top of starting Duromine and coming off sugar. Your in the wars Gg fT

Kellyk2 likes this.
  10. Pirate

Pirate New Member
    Registered

Aargh! My phone just had a melt down, the swypey thing went crazy! Sorry, was saying... You're in the wars! It's good that you're not feeling hungry and not having cravings though, that's a bonus.
    Feel better soon! Hope you have a better sleep tonight!

11. Sierra

Sierra New Member
    Registered

DAY FOUR 02/11/12
    Better nights sleep last night. Still having side affects and feeling a bit moody. Enjoyed a relaxing bath tonight and feel so much better after :)
    WEIGHT: 137.4KGS
    SYMPTOMS: Sore throat, dry mouth, head aches, faint feelings, mood swings, hot and cold flushes, sweating a lot. (still not sure if this is all effects of duromine or a virus. May also be due to huge diet changes)
    SLEEP: Very restless last night, kept waking up every few hours feeling hot or cold. Felt really tired again late afternoon.
    CRAVINGS: Didn't really have any cravings today, didn't want to eat had to force myself to. Thought about ice coffee but didn't crave it (wow)
    FOOD: - Up and Go drink for breakfast. - Three steamed dim sims for lunch. - Apple for afternoon tea. - Glass of orange juice with chicken and baby spinach leaves for dinner.

Still feeling positive about losing weight! Hoping the side affects ease and the weight starts coming off. Thanks for your support :)

12. Sierra

Sierra New Member
    Registered

Correction to day four sleep:
    SLEEP: Slept quite well last night, woke up a few times but went back to sleep quickly, felt really comfy :) Woke up at 6am and took duromine, went back to sleep till around 9:30am.

Sorry I failed a bit, feeling too relaxed :)

13. Sierra

Sierra New Member
    Registered

DAY FIVE 03/11/12
    Day five already! Had such a productive day today felt much better and full of energy. Spent the day cleaning my house and ten fish tanks :) was really bad and didn't drink any water today! really hope I start losing weight :(
    WEIGHT: 137.4KGS
    SYMPTOMS: no head aches or faint feelings today yay! Still had a sore throat and blocked nose, think his is due to a cold or virus though which seems to be getting better :)
    SLEEP: Great sleep last night. Woke up feeling energized and got straight into cleaning (not like me lol!)
    CRAVINGS: Actually felt a bit hungry today. Not craving anything though.
    FOOD: - Up and Go for breakfast - chicken and salad sanwhich for lunch - One orange for afternoon tea (yum!) - Gnocchi pasta for dinner (not the healthiest dinner but my partner made haha)

Starting to feel better, hoping the weight starts coming off! Really excited to lose some, maybe I shouldn't be weighing everyday but I'm pumped :)

14. Pirate

Pirate New Member
    Registered

Morning Sierra,

I did a lot of cleaning yesterday too! (Totally cleaned the kids rooms, went through all their clothes, bagged up the stuff that is too small and got it to vinnies).

Glad you're feeling better. Don't worry about the weight, I'm sure it will start to drop off soon.

Enjoy your Sunday!

The Pirate

15. Sierra

Sierra New Member
    Registered

Hi Pirate,

Great to hear you're doing well :) I woke up this morning and thought how did this place get so clean haha! My nose isn't runny today so I think I'm on the mend yay!

Sierra.

16. missbrunette

missbrunette New Member
    Registered

Hi Sierra

I am very interested in watching your journey, and I too will provide any support you need :) I am about to start my duromine hopefully this week. I am on antibiotics and the doc said not to take Duromine while on any other meds that will stress my body. I am 87kgs and only a dinky 146cm so needless to say I need this. I used to be in the 65-70kg range normally but since getting married, having a baby etc...in the past 5 years it has piled on.

Will be taking my before photos this week! EEKKK!!!

17. Sierra

Sierra New Member
    Registered

Hi Missbrunette,

Thank you for your support. I haven't really seen any changes in my weight or body, just changes in cravings, hunger and moods which is a good thing :) Hope your journey starts off well!

Sierra.

18. Sierra

Sierra New Member
    Registered

DAY SIX 04/11/12
    This was yesterday but I didn't post due to arguments with my boyfriend. Woke up around 8 and got into washing and cleaning. Ever since I started on the tablets my boyfriend just sitting there doing nothing is driving me crazy haha! Weight is down a kilo! (not sure about the accuracy of the scales they might change their mind!)
    WEIGHT: 136.4KGS
    SYMPTOMS: Feeling good! Eyes and mouth feeling a bit dry as I haven't been drinking my water.
    SLEEP: Broken sleep last night (due to issues with my boyfriend. We are having a break apart)
    CRAVINGS: No cravings
    FOOD: - Up and Go for breakfast - Ham and cheese toastie for lunch - No dinner (just didn't feel like it)

Had more energy, got a lot done. Haven't been eating much and not craving anything in particular. Was pretty pleased about the kilo weight loss! Hope it keeps coming.

19. Pirate

Pirate New Member
    Registered

Evening Sierra,
    Congrats on the weight loss, sorry to hear about dramas with boyfriend. That's never fun. Don't forget to drink your water though, you'll be much more prone to headaches and hunger if you're dehydrated.
    Also you might need to eat a bit more, if you don't eat enough you body may hold on to excess weight cause it thinks you're starving, even if you eat little bits more frequently through the day it might help, you need to get your metabolism working for you, not against you. Good luck, be kind to yourself while you and your boyfriend are having a hard time!
    Pirate

20. Sierra

Sierra New Member
    Registered

Woke up this morning and weighed myself, i've lost three kilos in seven days! Pretty pleased with this :)

Sorry i haven't been up to date with my postings. I am now recovered and don't have any unpleasant side affects :)

Thank you for your support Pirate, just trying to stay positive and keep busy!

Sierra.