First day on Duromine

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by emmashae, Aug 19, 2014.

1. emmashae

emmashae New Member
    Registered

Hello everyone! My name's Emma and I currently weigh 122.1kg, and I'm only 163cm tall. Today I went to the doctor and got the all clear to start taking duromine 40mg. I took my first pill at 12pm and I only felt hungry once. I've been told to start a food diary and count my calories, my doctor wants me to eat only 1,200 calories a day. I will also try to go to the gym most days.

Now to talk about how I've felt today.

I got a bit tired at around 5pm and took a 30 minute nap. I then felt a little like my heart was beating really fast, but it wasn't as I checked my pulse. I got hungry towards dinner time, but as I started eating I started to feel a bit sick. My mouth has been pretty dry so I've been drinking a lot of water. It's now 11:50pm and I'm not hungry at all, a little tired and a bit shaky.

So I would say it's so far so good.

I will hopefully post in this forum a few times a week just to chat with others on duromine and to track my own journey! Wish me luck! (I would also love to hear your stories!)

Melmo likes this.
  2. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

Good luck Emma!

3. Typical_Jules

Typical_Jules Active Member
    Registered

Welcome Emma, look forward to following your journey :) sounds like you have a really good plan

Melmo likes this.
  4. JoanneN

JoanneN New Member
    Registered

Hi Emma,

I am on my second day (Well now heading into my third day but insomnia has struck). In general i have been feeling great... except for tonight for the fact that i cant sleep. First night i tossed and turned then woke up at 5:30am to take duromine and couldnt sleep after. Its 2am now and still cannot sleep. i am on 40mg so possibly its quite strong. I have no apetite and am severely dehydrated but drinking water isnt a problem :) Been eating between 600-750 calories for the last two days and been doing lots of walking. I hear that after about a week your body adjusts to side effects so hopefully I can sleep! I have a 9am day to 9pm day at uni and work tomorrow so i need energy!

Good luck and keep me updated

emmashae, Melmo and Typical_Jules like this.
  5. emmashae

emmashae New Member
    Registered

Hi all!

Today is nearly the end of my fourth day on duromine and I'm happy to say that I haven't had any real signs of the side-effects at all. I sleep about 7-8 hours and wake up feeling refreshed and best of all I have energy to do productive things that my luggish self wouldn't have done before. What's great is that people can eat take-away and junk food near me and I have 0 cravings for that food. I've cut meat from my diet and my day consists of mainly eating vegetables and fruits. Today I'm struggling to eat 1,200 calories, I've eaten 755 so far and it's 8pm. I'm a little worried because I'm a recovered anorexic, and I've found that I've been scared to eat food, and not wanting to eat. But I know I have to.

I weighed myself today (naughty, I know) just to see if I am losing any weight and I weighed in at 107kg(????). I know that it's probably fluid but my mum wants me to go to the doctor because that's a lot of fluid to lose in four days, I'd be happy to lose 5kg in the first week haha, but we will see what the scales say on Monday.

Thanks for all of the responses, you all keep me updated too! :D

6. JoanneN

JoanneN New Member
    Registered

WOWWW Emma!! Thats a lot. I'm sure its nothing to be concerned about as everyone loses fluid. After three days I did a little mini cheeky weigh in and have only lost just under a kg... So disappointed considering im constantly on the go and eating so little.. any advice from anyone? I know 3 days cant justify a major weight loss, I am planning on going gym twice in the next four days but on the days i dont go gym im always constantly moving...