First day for change

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mummamooshka, Jan 19, 2014.

1. mummamooshka

mummamooshka New Member
    Registered

Hi I'm 45 and in the mids of menopause. I had a hysterectomy at 31 but still have my overies. I have gained 15kg in the last 2 months and now weight 76kg. I am battling with the sleepless night, hot flushes etc due to the menopause. I'm a shocking junk food eater and do not exercise. I am very OCD with cleaning and gardening. I'm also a smoker
    I had a meltdown last weekend as I went to put on some pants and could not get them past my thighs.
    So something snapped inside and made me realise that I have to take control of the situation. I went and saw my gp who wanted to put me on HRT. Again the hormonal tears started and I explained that I do not want keep gaining weight as this can also be part of the side effects. We spoke about my goals and he prescribed 30mg duromine for 30days.
    I bought these yesterday and have taken my first tablet this morning at 8am. (Will be 6am from tomorrow).
    I will be heading out to the supermarket today and cleaning out my pantry.
    I will keep you posted on my progress but would love to hear all journeys.

2. Hi There Mummamooshka,
    Hope you don't mind me writing to you, I'm new on here just joined up and you were the first I read.I'm a bit like you with the menopause rearing it's ugly head, I'm on patches and find they help a bit. I also had to have a hysterectomy but in my 20's and I also had a big melt down trying on clothes the other day, trying to find something to wear that would look ok without the rolls hanging out.

Went for a check up yesterday with the doc and while there had a big whinge and a tear up about my weight again, so sick of the yoyo up and down with the weight, anyway told him I was on Duromine years ago and lost weight really well on it, after a chat about it he gave me a script for it, only the 15g for 2 months to start off with, (was on higher dose years ago), anyway I'll give it my best and see what happens, will get the script on Thursday and start yet another journey on weight loss wagon on Friday morning.
    Hope to hear more about your journey on here as you go.
    When I start I'll be on here writing away to whoever wants to listen about my progress, until then I'll be just reading everyone's stories.
    Best of luck on your journey.
    Cheers Sallie :)

3. mummamooshka

mummamooshka New Member
    Registered

4. mummamooshka

mummamooshka New Member
    Registered

Hi Sallie thanks for writing. Im so glad to hear that someone else knows what its like with the whole menopause thing. Well I started yesterday. I had no side effects apart from the dry mouth, but for every glass of water I had during the day, I was straight in the loo peeing it out!!. I had some sleep but had really bad night sweats.
    I woke up at 6am this morning, popped a pill and proceeded to make my breakfast and lunch for the day at work.
    Im still new to the whole planning out the meal etc so this is what I have for the day.
    Breakfast
    2 x weetbix
    1 x greek yogurt
    Mid morning
    cut up carrots & cucumber
    Lunch
    Salad with left over bbq steak
    banana & apple
    Afternoon snack
    almonds and strawberries
    Dinner
    I haven't thought that far yet:)
    Have a great day and looking forward to hearing your journey. :):):):):)

5. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

))) Keep calm, just use notepad on your PC. Copy+Paste and nothing will be lost;)

Sallie alexander likes this.
  6. letter wasn't lost silly me :rolleyes:, after I turned the laptop off I remembered I had a draft in doc's lol ,must of been more tired then I thought :)

7. mummamooshka

mummamooshka New Member
    Registered

That would be frustrating.
    Well yesterday being day 2 was interesting. I cannot tell you how much water I drank cause im sure it was litres and litres. I just could not quench my thirst. I did do many many trips to the loo though. :p:p:p:p
    By the late afternoon I started to get really really tired. I got home from work at 5.30pm and noticed I was getting a headache. Well that turned into a full blown migraine that I have never experienced before. Nausea, sweating. :eek::eek::eek::eek:I went to bed at 8pm and tried to sleep it off. I woke up at 11pm and basically that was it. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    I still got up at 6am this morning and did the usual routine. So far so good.
    I know its only Day 3 and I hope the side effect will start to ease. I am going to hire a treadmill and exercise bike today which I am excited about.
    Have a great day and hope to chat soon.

8. Hi There, just wondering how you are going, hope all is good with you.
    So how's the hot flushes going? Did you get the bike & treadmill ?
    Be nice to hear form you, take care.
    Happy Slimming :D chat soon.

9. mummamooshka

mummamooshka New Member
    Registered

Hi I'm great. Day 12 and I'm 4.5kg lighter. Have had dry mouth. Well the hot flushes are still happening but I'm going to see a gyro to sort it out. Have had a major family crisis with my daughter who may potentially have to have a lung transplant but all is positive and will remain positive.
    How are you going on your journey

Sallie alexander likes this.
  10. Hi There, Sorry I haven't written sooner but time just gets away when your busy. So sorry to hear about your daughter must be heart breaking for you, sending big hug's will be thinking of you both. Been the same as you with the hot flushes they have been bad but yesterday I had a free day from them some maybe there starting to settle down now,well one can only hope, fingers crossed..
    Congrats on your 4.5kg loss that's great :) so how's everything else going with your journey, have you the bike and treadmill yet? what about your love for junk food has that settled down a bit now.? write to me tell all would love to hear about it.
    It's day15 for me been on the 15mg of duro, was weigh in this morning and the scales said, 1.6kg loss so that's good. Haven't had any side effects at all but I do wake up early around 6- 6:30 but that's ok it gives me plenty of time to feed all the animals before I go to aqua aerobics at 8am yep started going to that,use to go all the time before loved it then and love going now. Well better get going, was great to hear from you. Take care and happy slimming :)
    cheers Sallie :)