Feeling down on duromine?

Discussion in 'Side-Effects of Duromine' started by Melmeow, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Melmeow

Melmeow New Member
    Registered

Hi all,

Not sure if many other people get this, but i find when im on duromine i get really cranky and feel down. Not sure if it's because of the lack of sleep or being on a diet (because i usually get cranky and down on any diet) and eating would make me happy.
    I was on antidepressants before but stopped them before i started taking duromine.

My main side affects of duromine is lack of sleep, mood change (cranky, agitated, impatient), dry mouth, sometimes hot flushes or feeling a bit faint, and i have like a weird feeling in my head/forehead. But altogether the side effects haven't been too bad and are bearable.

2. MissM

MissM New Member
    Registered

Hi there Melmeow
    I know exactly what you're talking about...I'm now going into week 3 of duromine and I'm also noticing that my mood is changing. I do suffer from anxiety, though I wasn't on any medication for it, but since starting duromine I can feel my mood just spiralling downward as the day goes on.
    And I have the exact same side effects that you are experiencing, but I also get headaches. But like you said, it's bearable. I know it will be worth it when the weight comes off.
    I know St John's Wort is a natural supplement to help with depression and anxiety, but not sure if it can be taken with duromine?
    Hope you're feeling better...

3. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hello MissM. IF you don’t mind me asking, what are your results in these three weeks? What weight loss program did you choose? I hope, your headaches will subside soon. Don’t forget about water intake. Cheers!

4. MissM

MissM New Member
    Registered

Helo there April

Well, today was weigh in day and I lost 3kg in these three weeks, which are not too bad I guess, but I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed by reading the results that other people have. I know everyone responds to duromine differently, it just feels that with eating right and exercising, I would have lost this weight regardless of using Duromine, and without the side effects! But I will continue and see how it goes going into week 4 now... I don't have a specific weight loss program, but I do have 4 small meals during the day consisting mostly out of protein and veggies. And exercising I try to do at least 4 times a week, but nothing very intense, just like walking at a brisk pace for 40min to get my heart rate up. What would you recommend? I just want better results going forward...
    And I have to say drinking more water helps with the headaches:)

5. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hello Miss M. Of course 3 kg in three weeks is not bad at all. I would even say, it’s closer to the most healthy weight loss. It’s a bit difficult to say why you got namely this result. I have no idea how much you weigh and how much you need to lose. Besides, hormones might be a reason for a slower weight loss. Plus, you might be undereating or not consuming all the necessary substances, which are proteins, carbohydrates, fat and fiber. You should not deprive your body of any of these.

I would advise you to calculate the caloric value of your meals for a day or two and see what’s going on exactly. There are tons of calculators on the Internet, which allow you count not only the calories, but also the valuable substances you get.

Walking for 40 min is fine, however namely strength exercises can boost your metabolism and assist in a better weight loss, so I would suggest you to add some strength exercises. You have to increase your muscle mass. Thus, you will be burning more calories even at rest, since muscles consume a lot of calories. If you want it all to work, just calculate the calories and let’s see what it is.

Do not despair! You’re going really well. I know people who were losing less than a kilo, or even gaining in some weeks on Duromine, yet they still continued and the final result was a great one. Chin up and a lovely day to you!