Exercise/Eating

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by ForgetfulMe, Jun 4, 2014.

1. ForgetfulMe

ForgetfulMe New Member
    Registered

Hi Everyone,

Is anyone else experiencing difficulty with exercising? I walk 5klms every afternoon on the treadmill however yesterday and today I've noticed that about 30 minutes after I finish I experience a really sick feeling in my stomach, I could possibly relate it to hunger pain (same feeling). It's horrible :( Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking I need to eat more through the day?? Other symptoms are increased heart rate and uneven breath but I put this down to exercising. I try eating dinner but feel sick to the point of not eating? I felt better after about 3 hours last night then finally ate some food.
    Argh! :(

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi,
    I used to workout with my personal trainer during my Duromine journey, long ago...So he's been always telling me that treadmill is only for warming up. 10-15 minutes maximum! What makes you lose more weight - is strength exercises. They burn more calories than walking on a treadmill.
    Most people think the more time they spend on bike or treadmill, the more calories they burn, but considering our situation, this way we hurt our joints and stress our heart. True.

So, I understand that you maybe don't have time for a gym, but you can take some dumbells (1-2Kg each) and make some lifting exercises. Different kinds, there are plenty on youtube. I'm sorry, ForgetfulMe, I just don't know your regime and situation at home. I am sure you are trying hard;) Speaking of this unusual feeling in stomach, maybe...it is caused by stressed heart, it happens. Do you breathe well when you exercise?

What else.. Oh, you should eat at least 2 hours before any exercise. This also makes you nauseous. And your body needs carbs mainly after exercises. That's why you feel hungry. Don't worry, when you consume more carbs, they are all burnt after intensive workout. Protein shake, nut&honey bar (I used to buy these in the gym, but maybe there are some at store). Also water.

ps. Maybe you need to eat more. I'd say 4-6 times per day. 3 main meals (low-calorie, small portion even if you are not hungry), and a couple of snacks in between.
    Sorry for that long reply:D:p
    I am pretty sure you've read some of this before on the forum)))
    Best wishes
    Kate

Lanny Edey and ForgetfulMe like this.
  3. ForgetfulMe

ForgetfulMe New Member
    Registered

Hi Kate,
    Your reply is fantastic and so helpful!
    I definitely need to eat more, I'm terrible for reminding myself to eat through the day on Duromine so I need to increase that. I will also have a look at some weight workouts, I hate the gym with a passion but I have everything I need at home so I will start mixing my regime up.
    I breath ok during exercise, if I feel a little stressed out or like I'm not breathing properly I just take a few minutes to breath through my nose (yoga, gotta love it:p)

Thank you so much for your reply, I'll increase food intake first and see how I go.;):)

4. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

You know, maybe a reminder on your phone will help (to eat more)? Personally I can't live without my reminders, becuase so many things to do! :D Plus, you know 4-6 meals are many to remember haha))

I think that's a perfect solution to schedule your meals and so you don't have to force yourself to eat. Reminder is ringing - ok, time to have a snack...
    Just listen to your body.;)
    You will do great, I am sure.

5. james106

james106 New Member
    Registered

Hey. Can you help me with the question - why do I need to eat more while on Duramine?

Kyles likes this.
  6. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

It's not about to EAT MORE while on Duromine. Basically you eat the same as without the pills, just small portions and different food (no fat, no fried, no fastfood etc.) It's just because when most people start Duromine they think to lose weight they should eat as little as possible. But that's a common misbelief.

Of course if you eat little - your body loses weight because it doesn't get enough nutrients. BUT. It is a long-term process to lose the weight this way. Not mentioning that you will probably gain gastrointestinal disorders, metabolic imbalance and it will be hard to maintain your normal weight after you finish the pills and start eating again.

When you eat small portions of low-calorie foods 4-5 times a day (and I mean normal home-made food, not protein shakes three times a day), your body still doesn't get too much calories, and if you exercise > it burns your extra fat (calories), plus your body stays healthy. When you don't eat you feel weak and dizzy, may develop headaches - that's a natural response of your body to the lack of nutrients.

Overall, a weight loss diet still means eating, but healthily, and Duromine helps to control that constant hunger which caused you overweight. Hope my explanation was helpful.
    Have a nice day, James.

Michelle_stander and Fatmumfit like this.
  7. LollyTerror

LollyTerror Member
    Registered

Hi, firstly great to see you on the treadmill - any exercise is better than none! I've been on 30mg for 28 days now and have found a lot more energy to get off the lounge and be more active. I've been doing high intensity cardio and/or weight resistance training for 6 days a week since starting Duromine without ever feeling ill as you described. I have felt hungry though. Very hungry! I try to eat some protein (eg a handful of nuts) and simple carbohydrate (fruit) immediately post exercise, maybe that could help you too? Everyone finds different activities that work for them. If you hate the gym, a treadmill or bike will do just fine. Just up the intensity as your fitness improves. Good luck.