Excited about starting

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by HAppY, Oct 22, 2011.

1. HAppY

HAppY New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone, I finally got Duromine 15mg prescribed. I am so excited to start tomorrow 22/10/2011. Being overweight most of my life is going to change. I am currently 90kg and hoping to drop to 65kg. I'll be posting regulary on my progress and side effects if any.HAppy weight loss everyone till next time keep on going!!!

2. Caroline

Caroline New Member
    Registered

Good luck, I am in the same boat as you. On my second day of Duramine! It felt awful yesterday, I had a terrible headache, extremely cold and tired, but I wasn't even slightly hungry! Today is much better!

3. leilin11

leilin11 New Member
    Registered

Well guys i was 81kg and in one month taking duromine 15mg i lost 10kg i had the dry mouth effect so i drink alot of water i notice that when you drink sodas or coffee you can't fall asleep. It's been a month with out any soft drink in the morning around 9:30 am i take my pill with cereal or fruits. Lunch i eat a very small portion of food for tea i eat some fruits or half veggie sandwich. Every 15 days i go to the doctor to check i went to the doc wednesday he told me that i needed to start joing and aerobics class to toned my body the clothes that didn't fit before fit perfectly not even tight and the clothes that fited good now is very beggy. Well i am on the second month am actually taking three pills a day the duromine in the morning the orlistat 120mg at lunch and tea the doctor says that the orlistat is good because it doesnt allow the body to absorb the fat on the meals. Well monday am starting my aerobic class am happy because i feel like the old me not like am trap on a body that doesnt belong to me after i finish my treatment i will make sure i eat the same amount of food and exercise more

4. leilin11

leilin11 New Member
    Registered

it always happen the first week you will feel those side effects but your body will get use to it and if not you will probably have to go on the lowest duromine which is the 15mg.

5. rocky girl

rocky girl New Member
    Registered

Hi happy
    I also just started with 30mg 21/10/2011 i am 85kg hoping to be 65kg so sick of being overweight looking forward to seeing mine and everyones results
    goodluck.

6. HAppY

HAppY New Member
    Registered

Hi guys thanks for your replies. I am on my third day, I must say I was worried about the side effects but other than a slightly dry mouth I dont have the rest. Its a good thing cos I'm drinking alot more water. Everyone is different and probably react differently to meds, so dont let others scare you. I am still eating but not as much. I do have a suppressed appetite, but do feel a little hungry at times, but try to hold back. I hope this is not a negative sign. I'm a bit scared and keep asking myself "what if it does not work" I'm planning to start walking after work for about half and hour and try some Zumba the next half hour. Ok guys I need to get back to work, keep your feedback coming. Will chat soon.
    Lotsa love, stay
    HAppY

7. HAppY

HAppY New Member
    Registered

Hi guys its day 4 and everything going well.I cant wait for Saturday to weigh in. Will let you all know how I did. But still have a dry mouth and drinking lots of water :) which is a good thing.

Cheers

8. Eloise

Eloise Member
    Registered

hey guys pleased to have found this site...
    i am 5"10 and 83kg and got prescribed 30mg this afternoon and i am EXCSTATIC!
    i cant wait to start tomororow.... its good to c other people losing weight in my weight range its getting me way more motivated! ill keep you updateted xxxxoxoxo

9. HAppY

HAppY New Member
    Registered

Hi guys its day 5 and I'm noticing that I'm feeling lighter havent weighed in yet. Will do on Saturday. Only problem I seem to be having other than a dry mouth is runny tummy during the course of the day, it kind of started yesterday (day 4). Is anyone else having this? My appetite is dying of slowly I noticed I feel hungry but as soon as I have a bite or two of what ever I'm eating, I feel satisfied and full. For me this is a postive change cos before I could never have enough and eat and eat till I found it hard to take a deep breath. Ok time for me to get back to work.
    Cheers
    HAppY

10. HAppY

HAppY New Member
    Registered

Hi guys
    Its day 7 and I feel at my worst. I have a headache and not hungry at all. I didnt have breakfast this morning. So forcing a cookie and hot chocolate down my throat. Will fill you all in later. :(

11. SIZE16

SIZE16 New Member
    Registered

Happy are you ok? Have you been eating at all? I think your tummy trouble is listed on the side effects sheet inside. You have to eat, even if you dont feel like it.

Try some fruit, I feel I have lost the hunger for anything dry like bread, meat, biscuits and stuff but fruit makes your mouth feel better. Its really refreshing and gives you a break from just drinking water.
    If you feel that bad today, try skipping a day and then have one Sunday. Some people can only handle them every second day as they find the effects carry over to the next day as well and everyday is too much for them.
    Good luck, keep us posted on how you feel. If you really arent well go see the dr and skip taking them until you have had a check up. Nothing is worth being really sick over, not even weightloss. Ill keep my fingers crossed for you :)

12. HAppY

HAppY New Member
    Registered

Re: Excited about starting -> 1 week down & I lost :)

Hey thanks size16, I'm feeling much better and the runny tummy has stopped. Good news is that I weighed in on Saturday and lost "drum roll" 3 kg's in the first week. So I'm really happy. My waist is getting smaller I feel it when I put on my t-shirts. So I feel really motivated to carry on. Thanks for your concern and will def. fill u in on any details.

13. SIZE16

SIZE16 New Member
    Registered

Good to hear you are ok.
    *insert applause here*
    And awesome about your loss :) I lost three last week too and feel good but I am not as thirsty this week and am a bit peckish again :(

14. HAppY

HAppY New Member
    Registered

Hi Guys
    My second week and weighed in on Saturday. I have lost an additional 2kgs, making it a total of 5kgs in 2 weeks. I am so excited!!! take care guys till next time.
    :D