Excess skin

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by alacrity, Jun 13, 2014.

1. alacrity

alacrity Member
    Registered

I am wondering if anyone can share their experience with duromine style weight loss and how your skin coped? Did it all shrink back or have people had surgery to have skin removed etc??

2. Lanny Edey

Lanny Edey Member
    Registered

Skin will return to it's natural state over time (in most circumstances), dramatic weight loss over a short period of time is where you see the skin sagging and it needs medical attention. If you can and you have concerns, start using Bio Oil on your body, it helps with skin repair and reduces stretch marks. Don't ever think that there is a magic remedy to cure skin conditions, but this oil can assist and has had both fantastic reviews and some reviews that were not favourable. Depends on the person I suppose and their skin type.

3. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Alacrity, if you lose your weight over a period of time your skin should shrink back to normal by itself. It is usually when you go on an unhealthy crash course diet and lose a huge amount of weight in a short period of time that the skin stays flabby. Bio Oil is also very good, and exercise also helps tone your body and skin.

Lanny Edey likes this.
  4. ChelseaPearshape

ChelseaPearshape New Member
    Registered

I think it depends on each individual. Most of my fat is in my tummy area, and after 3 c-sections, I have this muffin-top going on. I am planning to lose about 20kg using duromine, and want to go for a tummy tuck in Dec 2015, because I know I am going to end up with this "pouch" of tummy-skin. We don't all have the same elasticity in our skin.

5. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nothing wrong with a bit of surgical help, but personally I am way to scared of surgery to even consider!

6. K1M6ELEY

K1M6ELEY New Member
    Registered

Hi there I have the same ideas. I am on day 4 and have been losing 1kg per day. I also have main extra weight around tummy and fear the tummy skin.
    Sw 97
    Cw 94
    Height 157
    I am already looking into tummy tucks abroad! Too expensive here. I have had 3 c sections with 2 different cuts. So I have 2 shelf bulges to reduce.

ChelseaPearshape likes this.