Enough Is Enough!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Diamond Fan, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Diamond Fan

Diamond Fan New Member
    Registered

Hello Everyone

I have slowly been putting on weight ever since the birth of my first child, almost 13 years ago.

I was 70kg when I fell pregnant, and have since had 2 children.

I now weigh 130kg and to say that I have not been myself for over 10 years now, would be an understatement.

I have been prescribed Duromine and I am collecting my script on Monday.

Since gaining weight, I have lost confidence, I avoid social situations, I agonise over what to wear for fear of judgement, and I have really just thrown everything into my husband and kids and have forgotten about my own needs over the years.

I have finally decided that enough is enough and I would really be grateful for your support.

2. Scribbles

Scribbles Active Member
    Registered

Good luck on your journey Diamond Fan.

3. Rita cachia

Rita cachia New Member
    Registered

If i were you i would get some blood work done first and a good check of your heart and blood pressure. If you already have high blood pressure it will go up a bit more in the first days, you don't want to suffer a stroke.
    My blood pressure is always low so it did not matter much that it was raised .
    Make sure your iron levels are right , cause you don't want to get sick. It brought down my iron levels and i felt unwell on the second week.
    If you are a diabetic make sure to keep up with your meds and eat a diabetic diet cause the diabetes numbers will fall and you could get a hypo.
    I am not diabetic but when i felt unwell i checked my glucose levels and i was having a hypo so i had to have jelly beans to make it better.
    The last thing you want to do is become diabetic for the sake of looking good. Make sure you don't skip meals and always have a bottle of water handy. It also dehydrates you , and you loose fluid , not fat. Hope you have better luck that i did.

4. jo1387

jo1387 New Member
    Registered

Hi Diamond Fan!

I ust started this week as well and am not far off your starting weight.

I dont have kids though, but I gained 17kg since meeting my husband and I want to lose weight and become a sexy wife and avoid any issues in the future if we decide to start a family.

I started to see a PT back in November 2013 but didnt take it too seriously until I signed up for a health retreat $1000 later I invested too much in it not to make an effort.

My start weight in November was 129.8kg and I currently weigh 116.9kg but it hovers between 116-119kg.

I saw my Dr on 28/4 and he suggested I give Duromine a go and I am starting on 30mg for the first month to see how it goes.

I have been going through these forums and everyone is talking about starting at 70-80kg so im glad im not the only one with a big hurdle ahead of me.

Hopefully we can support each other :)

5. Tamaraj

Tamaraj Member
    Registered

I hear what you are saying.....I was always so skinny and active and then had my boy 6 years ago and then was a single mum and we found out he was autistic.....so I have thrown everything into him and completely forgetting about myself. I have now found a wonderful man and we are getting married....im just so miserable in myself and so ashamed of what I have done to myself......so I did start on 15mg but just gone up to 30mg, I am determined to do something for myself for once and be a happy, healthy , ENERGETIC mum and soon to be wife.
    wishing you ladies all the best, keep us updated
    jo1387, there was one post on here and she was only 60kgs and was on the pills to be 55kgs....