Eating plans

Discussion in 'General Diet Plans and Questions' started by NewBeginnings, Oct 24, 2012.

1. NewBeginnings

NewBeginnings New Member
    Registered

So I survived my first week on Duromine 30mg. I lost 2.5kg, no serious side effect, just a dry mouth. Now that I'm on week two, I am really starting to get hungry, but once I have eating a small portion, the hunger subsides and I'm good to go again.

I picked up my Weight Watchers file again over the weekend and was thinking to use that as a guideline to what and how much I eat (eat the number of point that will be allowed on my ideal weight). Together with this I want to incorporate some paelo / atkins eating; this is no sugar or starches. I've been doing this for about 2 days now and I'm realising how much food I actually consumed vs. what is actually necessary to maintain my goal weight when I reach it.

What I want to find out, is what eating programmes do you follow while on Duromine? Any help / suggestions?

2. NewBeginnings

NewBeginnings New Member
    Registered

I'm not very happy with my eating plan :mad: For a couple of days I tried eating whilst using the Weight Watchers point system, but that didn't last very long. This really worries me because if I don't get the eating plan correct the weight will just pile on again when I stop taking Duromine. I really need to focus more on what types of food I eat, when I eat and also why. In the past I also tried to eat according to my blood type, which work like magic. Just really need to get my mind set right.

3. aturn121

aturn121 New Member
    Registered

I have cut out white bread, fizzy drink and takeaways are a treat. It's hard when others in ur family have nothing to worry about and have been serving up that food for 20 yrs. but just trying to eat normal but smaller portion , energy in energy out :)

kazzbah likes this.
  4. Karina

Karina New Member
    Registered

I have the same question as well

5. Lady_Di

Lady_Di New Member
    Registered

Something I found that works and keeps me going is oats -- general cooking oats. In SA the product I use is Jungle Oats Original. Its high in fibre. I take a 1/3 of a cup of raw oats to work, pop it into a mug and cook it in the microwave. Much less fuss than a pot. I eat two fruit one am and one pm at work and my lunch (round 12/1pm) usually consists of two viennas and a slice of wholewheat low gi seed bread with marmite on. Coffee has become a waste on me only drink 1/3 cup and then its left. Water is the best. Dinner is the trouble Im really not hungry -- but If my understanding is right you still need to keep your metabolism going. So maybe Ill have a fried egg (in olive oil) on the same low gi bread and im set.

Scorpio14 and Karina like this.
  6. Julie5412

Julie5412 Guest

Eat healthy diet like green vegetables and fruits eggs

7. Scorpio14

Scorpio14 New Member
    Registered

I suggest you try something like Kellogs Special K 1 cup am with skim milk(I don't reallly like milk so I add water a just a drop of milk)lunch I eat a protein either meat/chicken with a veg-1 cup brocolli and I have a tablespooon of rice and gravy for dinner.Drink lots of water, at the moment I take up to 6 litres a day. I never get the urge to snack really and if I do I eat a fruit.(apple/mango/pineapple slices).

bartdaniels likes this.
  8. bartdaniels

bartdaniels New Member
    Registered

I agree with Scorpio, if you drink plenty of water I find i dont get hungry or that feeling/urge that i need to eat.

Like Julie5412 said, eat greens. Maybe celery or some fruit.

2.5Kgs loss is great! keep up the good work!

Sunet and Ally Russell like this.
  9. NewBeginnings

NewBeginnings New Member
    Registered

Nearly two years later and I'm back, don't know if I should be embarrassed :( or excited :). Never the less going to give this a go with a vengeance. With regards to eating plans / diets, what is your take on the latest craze about Banting. I have read the book the Tim Noakes wrote The Real Meal Revolution and have heard so many amazing success stories. It is basically a low carb, medium protein, high fat diet. Cutting out carbs and sugar can only be good for weight loss.

10. bartdaniels

bartdaniels New Member
    Registered

Well dont be embarrassed, be excited of whats to come. There are lots of eating plans out there and crazes.

I am currently doing the Maxs Challenge. Its a 12 week challenge and you get strict diet and exercise plans.

Its best to find something that works for you. I can post the nutrition plans and exercise plans if you want.

Sunet likes this.
  11. NewBeginnings

NewBeginnings New Member
    Registered

How is the Maxs Challenge coming along?

12. Sunet

Sunet New Member
    Registered

Hi all im starting today any words of wisdom?

13. IrinaKasper

IrinaKasper New Member
    Registered

I'm vegan for over a year! This is a very cool to feel healthy! I took the hard way, I learned a lot of useful information and can give advice, if you are interested in)) For beginners I suggest to start with simple and understandable articles about how to be a vegan, what are the risks and what to take Witomino))

14. Booker Villalobos

Registered

Eating health food like green vegetables and juice.