Duromine

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Nessa22, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Nessa22

Nessa22 Member
    Registered

Hi Ladies my name is Vanessa

Start Date 15/2/13
    Start weight 98.8
    Goal Weight 65 kgs

Well its my first day taking Duromine,I like many others was sceptical about taking this pill.
    Butive decided to give it a go.Its amazing seeeing all the positive reviews.Hopefully i see great results as well :)
    Any tips welcome ..

2. Determined

Determined New Member
    Registered

Good luck, its been a week since I started and have lost a Kilo..Drinking lots of water and jogging three times a week so far

3. Nessa22

Nessa22 Member
    Registered

4. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, Lady!

Welcome here! Lots of us were first sceptical about these pills too, I'm pretty sure.
    But they work, trust me. So, it seems you have quite weight to lose, prepare yourself to start a new lifestyle.
    Don't worry, we'll help. To start with, I suggest you drink lots of water, lemon fresh and honey is welcome.
    Start any exercise. Maybe the easiest walking or jogging even.

Have a nice weight loss, darling! :)

5. Nessa22

Nessa22 Member
    Registered

Hi Kate
    Thank you for your kind words and advice.I have started going to the gym and also walking.Yes i do have alot to lose but I'm in for the long haul :) I drank so much water yesterday I was going to the toilet all day.
    How are you going?

If anyone has any Low Carb recipes that would be very much appreciated.

6. Nessa22

Nessa22 Member
    Registered

Well did my first weigh in on friday and have lost 2.5 kg hopefully I keep having this kind or result.But I am finding it harder To keep eating still as I feel full all the time.

7. blondie

blondie New Member
    Registered

hey all,

I am about to start my 10th week on duromine. I started on the 15mg for the first three weeks & have been on the 30mg for the last 7.

The first three weeks I didnt really try to do anything to help myself, it was over the christmas period & I was also on holidays from work. My friend was down from Perth and so i basically spent that three weeks drinking, and eating hardly anything as i was sleeping in until lunch time and being summer it was quite hot which also put off my appetite a fair bit as well as the combination of the pills. I was buzzed & had loads of energy for the first 10 days or so & then it went back to being pretty normal. I didnt exercise at all & wouldn't eat until the afternoon usually and when I was eating it was crap. I guess like many people I thought this pill would do the work for me & I think I was in denial a fair bit as to how good my eating habits actually were.

As a result I only lost 1kg over that first three weeks which made me very disappointed. I was then placed on the 30mg tablets and I guess I thought that these would work better because of the higher dosage & once again was severly disappointed when after a week on them I hadnt lost anything. It was this that really gave me the kick start and realised just how bad my eating habits really were & made me start to try harder to lose the weight.

I then started to try & either do a couple of kms on the exercise bike a few mornings a week or go for walks in my lunch break for around half an hour a couple of times a week also. I usually ended up doing either once or twice a week with some weeks only doing something once. I cut out most of my carbs & sugars & fats, concentrating on wholesome light meals & introducing breakfast which I never ate before. In the first week of doing this (5th week on duromine) I lost a total of 4 kilos & was extremely happy & made me more motivated to keep doing what I was doing.

the 6th week I lost nothing & after researching plateus I thought that was what may have happened & I starting doing a cheat meal kind of thing to spike my metabolism & kickstart further weightloss. I also introduced protein powder but only allowed myself to have that after I had worked out first thing in the morning & also a detox liquid to have first thing in the morning to help with constipation and to flush out my body.

I went back to the docs at this point to see if possibly the duromine was not working for me & had a diff doc to the one that had prescibed me to it & he told me that he doesnt think it works & that I was probably losing weight from doing what I was doing, not from the duromine & in his experience most people who were on duromine had gained all the weight back afterwards & advised me to discontinue taking it.

I continued anyway as I still had presciptions for the whole 12 weeks. In the 7th week I lost a further 3kg. I have not lost anything since then (last two weeks).

With only 3 weeks worth of tablets left, I have decided to have the 30mg everyday for the next week & then after that 30mg every two days for the two weeks after that, followed by the two weeks after that a 15mg every two-three days to try and wein myself off them & prevent weight gain after going off completely.

Does anyone have any tips to kick start weightloss on duromine again with only a few weeks left? I have basically no side effects anymore or I have just gotten used to them. I am not anywhere near as thirsty as I used to be, not drinking as much water as i should be but still trying to & sometimes still have a little sleeplessness, not nearly as much energy either. I still want to lose atleast another 7 but would be ideal to lose another 9-12.

Its a bit discouraging also as I have a friend who is always yoyo dieting & trying any quick fix under the sun who heard about them from me & went & got some herself who is exercising by playing basketball 2 times a week but has always done this before & eats takeout everyday, drinks 2 nights a week & drinks A LOT & has only been on 30mg for 5-6 weeks and has lost 12 :( She keeps rubbing it in my face kinda and just makes me feel shit when I am trying so hard & not seeing the same results. I have heard that if you do what she is doing you gain all the weight back once you go off? is this true? It would make me feel a bit better if it was haha.

I am 163cm tall, 20 yo girl SW - 75kg, CW - 67 GW - 55-60.

My friend is a lot taller than me, maybe 170cm? not sure of her weight but she has always been a lot bigger than me, only when i was 75 that i was slightly bigger than her.

Any help would be much appreciated! (if anyone bothers to read my novel haha)