Duromine while breastfeeding?

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by Emmaajami, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Emmaajami

Emmaajami New Member
    Registered

hey guys so my little one is nearly 1 and I still haven't lost my baby weight I put on 44kg I went to a local gp and told him I'm struggling to loose the last 10kg so he gave me a script for duromine he said its fine to take while bf.. I don't know what to do I'm very two minded about it. is there anyone here that has taken it while breastfeeding??? what was your experience with it

2. Tania J

Tania J Active Member
    Registered

Had a look at the information leaflet. It says under dontraindications: "There are no date available on the safety of Duromine in lactation and as such, its use in lactating women should be avoided"
    Maybe be safer to start when you are done breastfeeding. Don't want to harm your little angel!

3. milkncookies

milkncookies New Member
    Registered

I would advise strongly against it. Duromine isn't advised to be taken by Anyone under the age of 18 (I'm speaking for Australian guidelines) and since everything we ingest is transferred through breastmilk, I would say it would be bad.

Tania J likes this.
  4. Granthki

Granthki New Member
    Registered

Hi I’m in the same boat but My daughter is 2 and a half don’t breastfeed all the time but I’m lucky to be able to still at night my doc said it was fine but wanted to know if you breastfeed while on it?

Thanks

5. Bossmum

Bossmum New Member
    Registered

Did you end up taking while breastfeeding?

6. Granthki

Granthki New Member
    Registered

Hi yes I did, I only breastfeed at night tho but all was fine I was on30g
    At first I only took it every second day to see then did everyday after 3/4 weeks