Duromine strength compared to cold and flu tablets

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by alacrity, May 19, 2014.

1. alacrity

alacrity Member
    Registered

I am wondering what the strength of duromine 15mg is like compared to cold and flu tablets? I ask because I am concerned about starting them and being too unwell to work. Cold and flu tablets make me feel awsome and I get so much done in a day even though I am sick. I am wondering how much stronger the duromine are.

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

I suggest you to finish your flu pills and then go for Duromine. Don't mix them.
    As for the comparison, I don't think you can compare different types of tablets anyway.
    It's like to compare a chicken with an apple, which one is more tasty))))

ps. Besides there are different (generics also) cold and flu pills with different strength, so your question is quite abstract to me.

lovecat and Lanny Edey like this.
  3. alacrity

alacrity Member
    Registered

I am not taking any cold and flu tablets, I was asking whether they reacted similiarily as they have similiar types of ingredients.

4. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

I certainly do not think it is a good idea to combine the two. I once had a cold and used tablets containing ephedrine - that is probably the ingredient that gives you a buzz - with the Duromine and had terrible heart palpitations. It is not a good idea to combine any drugs without clearing it with your pharmacist or GP first.

5. alacrity

alacrity Member
    Registered

I am not talking about mixing them, I am merely trying to figure out how I will react to the duromine

6. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

Everyone reacts different to Duromine, so it is almost impossible to say. It also depends on what the main ingredient of the cold and flu medicine is that you are talking about. I am by no ways an expert, but as far as I know most of the cold and flu medications contain "pseudo ephedrine" which helps with congestion etc. You also do get diet pills that contain ephedrine, although a different kind. Maybe somebody else on here is more knowledgeable as far as pharmaceuticals are concerned?