1. Hi Guest, please read about new forum structure
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Live chat was removed from the Home page of the forum. You can access it in the Shoutbox section.
    Dismiss Notice

Duromine & PCOS - my weight loss journey

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Donna, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Donna

Donna Member
    Registered

Hi there!
    I'm a 25 year old mother of 2 that has polycystic ovarian syndrome and I'm ready to take the next step in my weight loss journey.
    I was diagnosed many years ago and told that I would never have children, but here I am today with two children but also a stack of weight gain from PCOS.
    I currently weigh 85kg and I am 175cm.
    I plan on doing 3 months on 30mg, paired with daily exercise and calorie tracked food I hope to get down to around 65-67kgs eventually!

I will continue to update daily and do weekly weigh ins so feel free to follow my weight loss and I'd love to hear about yours to!

Current weight: 85kgs
    First goal: 80kg
    Second goal: 75kg
    Third goal: 70kg
    Goal weight: 67kgs

EmilyKate and Meri like this.
  2. Donna

Donna Member
    Registered

I'm now on my second day of duromine today!
    Yesterday went well, I was super thirsty and drank about 2.5-3litres. I ate well despite not being hungry.
    I've decided to cut out all drinks besides water at the moment! I have a terrible addiction to coke and it's time to give it the boot.
    I had no problems sleeping last night which was awesome as well.
    Bring on day 2!

Thandeka, EmilyKate and Meri like this.
  3. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hello Donna! Welcome to the forum and into this friendly and supportive Duromine community! Sounds really nice that you have no side effects. It’s definitely time to get rid of coke addiction! If you are used to drinking it a lot, help yourself a bit. Make some nice looking and flavorsome drinks with fresh fruit, mint leaves and ice, if you like it. Eating healthy doesn’t mean it has to be boring. =)

I wish you best of luck and hop you have chosen a good eating and exercising routine, which will help you lose weight at a good and motivating pace, despite your PCOS. A great day to you!

4. Donna

Donna Member
    Registered

Thank you! I'm very motivated right now and I can't wait to see my results at the end.
    I'm doing a mix of cardio and weights and I'm enjoying my food changes. I think my problem was that I was so busy and no amount of preparing I did kept me on the right path. But I've learnt that I really need to make time for me so now is my chance.
    I'm not experiencing any withdrawals from soft drink either which I'm surprised about but it's good. I've just got to keep it up now!

Meri and April like this.
  5. Donna

Donna Member
    Registered

Day 3 and I have a massive head ache.
    I was so busy today I just didn't get a chance to drink as much water as I would have liked. I drank atleast 1.5 litres but I think that just wasn't enough.
    Hopefully a good night sleep will help and I can focus on more water intake tomorrow.
    We had a going away party for a girl at work today with cakes and chocolates etc and I didn't touch it at all! I didn't actually feel like eating any of it which was great.
    Can't wait for weigh in day so I can hopefully see some results. Bring it on!

Meri likes this.
  6. Donna

Donna Member
    Registered

Day 4 and I'm feeling a bit deflated!
    Not quite sure why, I just don't have the energy like I did yesterday.
    I would love to hear your success stories to get me motivated again.
    I think I just feel so far away from my goal. Maybe I might be a bit more motivated when I've weighed myself after a week.
    I want this to be a lifestyle change not just a quick fix so I should try to focus on being healthier rather than losing weight!

Meri likes this.
  7. K-T

K-T New Member
    Registered

Dont give up! Take it day by day as Duromine does mess with the natural order of things but try to drink plenty water and eat... hard to do I know but its a must. The first time I used duromine I lost 16 kilos in 3 months but it was only a quick fix I didnt take care of myself so once I stopped all my poor life choices and neglect crept back in and I gained it all back within a year. I have just started again but I am on a 1200 calorie diet of all the good foods it is soooo hard to eat when food seems so blah but because of my failed attempt before I know that not eating properly made me sluggish and didnt last long term. I want a lifestyle change now. I also take my tablet with a Berocca at 6am then wait an hour before I eat. This seems to give me a boost. Good luck :)

Meri likes this.
  8. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hi Donna! Even though your sensations do sound like side effects of Duromine, they are also quite similar to the way people feel when they stop consuming sugar. The withdrawal effects can be quite bad. It takes some time, and it’s hard. You say you did not get any withdrawals from the soft drink, yet you surely did cut the amount of sugar you were consuming every day.

You are perfectly right – lifestyle changes for better and healthier nutrition is what you should be focusing on right now. Please, stay strong, have a bit more fruits. They have natural sugar so might help a bit with sugar withdrawal (of course, make sure you stay around your calories limits). Sending you a hug and a nod of understanding. =) You can do it and don’t forget your water, please! In fact, I know a couple of cases, when people ended up in a hospital when they were not eating and/or drinking while taking Duromine, so don’t play with it. have a nice day!

Meri likes this.
  9. Donna

Donna Member
    Registered

Thanks ladies!
    I think it definitely could do with the cut in sugar.
    I'm eating 1200 calories a day and everything is counted in macros to.
    I'm eating what I would expect to be eating after the duromine is finished.
    I've had between 2.5-3litres of water today and I try to aim for that daily.
    I think I expected worse side effects from cutting the sugar out so I guess they aren't to bad compared to what i prepared for!
    I'm feeling much more optimistic now, just had a few hours of feeling low this morning.
    Onwards and upwards now!

Meri and April like this.
  10. Donna

Donna Member
    Registered

The kids have given me the flu now so I don't think that helped this morning either!

11. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hi Donna! Looks like everything is getting on track. Water intake – great! Eating – great!

The flu… if your kids have it now, it might be this… however, I have noticed that quite a lot of people suffer from flu-like symptoms at the beginning of Duromine course… monitor your condition and if you feel worse, I would suggest you skipping a couple of days (just a suggestion), especially if you’re planning on taking any medications for the flu. Get well soon!

12. Donna

Donna Member
    Registered

Hi April!
    I ended up skipping the duromine this morning so I could take a cold and flu tablet to get me through work today.
    I've just got the runny nose so far and feeling a bit blocked up. Fingers crossed it's only mild and I can get back to the duromine asap. I definitely didn't want to mix the two tablets together.

13. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Fingers crossed… get well soon!

14. Donna

Donna Member
    Registered

Doctor just prescribed me antibiotics! I'm finding conflicting information when I google taking duromine and antibiotics at the same time. Is that a no no?
    I'd hate to take them together if your not meant to.

15. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

antibiotics for flu? or he found something more serious?

16. Donna

Donna Member
    Registered

Whenever I get a cold it goes straight to a chest infection! Hence the antibiotics unfortunately.
    I've started the duromine again today so we will see how I go.
    I did a quick weigh in on Saturday arvo after being taken out for breakfast and eating eggs benedict (which I felt really guilty for) but I had lost 3.5kgs.
    Happy about that but I want to work so much harder this week.

Start weight:
    85kg

Current weight:
    81.5kg

#16 Donna, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    Skarlett and Meri like this.
  17. Donna

Donna Member
    Registered

Thought I'd check in so I can keep myself accountable and have something to look back on when my duromine journey is finished.
    This post may be a tad depressing but that's life unfortunately!
    I'm not sure if it's the duromine or just life itself overwhelming me but I think I've hit a fairly low point in my life.
    I've never really had any depression or mental health issues but this past week has been so hard.
    Trying to lose weight and and not having the support at home doesn't help. My two children can be an absolute handful and my partner really doesn't help much either. Pair that with working full time aswell and I'm drowning a bit.
    I feel bad doing something for myself (like taking time to look after myself) and the guilt eats me up.
    Maybe the duromine exacerbates the problems but it definitely has me feeling like I can't cope right now.
    Hopefully things will settle down soon and I can focus on my weightloss journey and not have the pressures of raising two kids with little to no help and trying (and failing miserably) to maintain a home.
    I'm not looking for sympathy, more just a get it off my chest moment and something that I can look back on in better times and see that I did make it through and everything's okay in the end.

Did a quick weigh this morning and I'm still sitting at 81.5kgs. Happy that I haven't gained anything after my terrible weekend and looking forward to seeing how I go over the next week.

Meri likes this.
  18. Taybs

Taybs New Member
    Registered

Hope u all the best...I've started today on 30mg of duromine I have PCOS and hoping duromine Wil help with my hormone as well as weight ....my 1st day nd I'm feeling overwhelmed nd energetic....Nd no food cravings.....U said u have 2 kids nd u have PCOS ....wat did u take as I've been married 12 years nd no luck with kids been to fertility clinic bt was very depressing....pls let me know if u have any advice ....

19. Donna

Donna Member
    Registered

Hi Taybs!
    What's your starting weight and your goal weight?
    I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 17, I tried for 2 years to get pregnant and it literally happened as soon as I lost 5kgs. I'm not sure if it's the quick drop in weight that triggers my ovaries to finally work but it worked to conceive both of my kids.
    I wish you all the best on your duromine journey and my fingers are crossed that you will get pregnant asap.

20. Donna

Donna Member
    Registered

Week 2 update!
    So I haven't had a fantastic week, my eating has been okay but I have done absolutl y zero exercise.
    Between work and my home issues, I had a friend and her daughter move in for a week and it was very full on.
    So the lack of weight lost this week doesn't particularly surprise me and I'll have to hit it hard for the next week to try and make up for it.
    SW: 85
    Wk 1: 81.5
    CW: 80.5

Skarlett and IWantToBeHappy like this.