Duromine + Meal replacement

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by kookie, Jul 29, 2014.

1. kookie

kookie New Member
    Registered

Has anyone been on both duromine and meal replacements? I am considering going on a shake diet as well as duromine to help it along. Just want to see if anyons has experience with this.

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

You still need to "chew" some food to your stomach and intestines work properly. Only shakes is a bad solution. If you combine shakes with food - then great.

Kyl133 likes this.
  3. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

Also make sure of the nutritional value - some shakes are designed for weight loss, but others for muscle building, and if you take the wrong one you will rather gain than loose weight!

Kellyk2 likes this.
  4. kookie

kookie New Member
    Registered

I was thinking opti-fast and only replacing breakfast and lunch but having a proper dinner with the hubbie and kids. So I dont miss out on that special time of the day.

Kyles likes this.
  5. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

Good idea Kookie - family times are precious;)

6. Ally Russell

Ally Russell New Member
    Registered

Hi Kookie, this was my experience last week having an optifast shake at lunchtime.
    Porridge & skinny coffee breaky, fruit for am tea, shake lunch, fruit again pm tea, verges and meat for tea.
    Had this for 4 days when my stomach started to bloat and I became constipated.
    I had a pico prep(bowel prep for surgery- I work in a hospital) to relieve the discomfort and pain.
    I'll never do it again. It obviously dosent suit my body and diet.
    It's a pain, as I'm really busy at work all day and the shakes helped out time wise. (I was never hungry after either.
    Goodluck! I'd love to know how you go especially with your diet. Maybe I wasn't doing the right thing.

7. tkybaby33

tkybaby33 New Member
    Registered

Hi Kookie,

I'm currently on the Isagenix shake diet. It has been great so far, but as it's a cleansing diet, I have taken a break from Duromine until the end of the month.

Duromine had pretty much stopped working for me, so I decided to try putting my body through a cleanse to kick start it again. I think most shake diets are a form of cleansing, as you remove all carbs, softdrinks, sugars, etc from your diet.

I'm not sure if shakes & Duromine are a great idea at the same time, as they both have a tendency to cause constipation. Like Ally, I have experienced constipation on the shakes. I fixed that with a few prunes. Ha Ha!!! But I'm not sure how you'd fair on both?

Good luck :)

AllyR likes this.
  8. Janlai

Janlai New Member
    Registered

I'm with you , thinking to have isagenix with Duromine .. I've to hear if anyone try it

9. Tara2016

Tara2016 New Member
    Registered

I have just started this combo today but u have three shakes and two serves of starch free veg and 2 litres of water. Is this OK.? It's temporary to reset my body and slowly reintroduce foods so I don't gain weight back.

10. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

I guess it should work the way you want. Anyway, try it and see for yourself. Sometimes you never know what will work for you better.

Tara2016 likes this.
  11. laura kate

laura kate Active Member
    Staff Member Registered

The best way to loose weight is be honest with yourself about what you refuse to give up food wise (and work it in) and about how regularly your willing to excersise forever.

Essentially it's a lifestyle change that will help you loose weight and keep it off. If you love McDonald's or bread say, still have it. Just work it in to your week if you know your always going to love bread. If you cant see yourself going to the gym everyday till your old, just go 1 or 2 times a week if that's an amount you know you will always have time for. Because you can have meal replacements and excersise like crazy and you will loose weight so quickly, but the second you get back to real food or cut down the gym time because you've reached your goal you will stack it back on. Trust me Ive done it all. And the only thing (for me anyway) is a lifestyle change and to not cut out the foods you love.

I calorie count. Once every couple of weeks, if I want McDonald's for dinner, I skip lunch. I'm not saying to do this but this is how I work in my "can't live without" foods. And by keeping my loved foods in my diet I'll never go without and I wont put weight on if I treat myself after only eating veggies and protein for 3 months.

April likes this.