1. Hi Guest, please read about new forum structure
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Live chat was removed from the Home page of the forum. You can access it in the Shoutbox section.
    Dismiss Notice

duromine fail

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by leighp085, Oct 21, 2017.

1. leighp085

leighp085 New Member
    Registered

Hi. I have been on duromine for almost a month. I was prescribed by my doc after gaining weight (again) on antidepressants (lovan 20mg) I have been calorie counting and following a exercise regime which includes toning and cardio. I am failing though! I only lost 2kgs in the first 3 weeks and then gained them back in the 4th week!!! I have logged EVERY SINGLE calorie... Even when I have just one jelly bean. I am using my fitbit Charge HR 2 to track everything. I exercise 4-5 days a week. I have quit smoking, I am cut down on drinking and I have not eaten anything enjoyable for weeks. I need some reassurance that all of this is not in vain. The lack of progress has just made my anxiety and self loathing reach a whole new level. I have made another doc appointment and an appointment with a counsellor because I am at a point of surrender.

Emily13975 likes this.
  2. Emily13975

Emily13975 New Member
    Registered

Counting carbs to? I just recently started duromine and my friend is like a nutritionist so i get all me advise and food plans from her!! Been going to the gym early in the mornings and eating 3 small meals a day plus snacks like fruit or a handful of nuts and lots of water! Only been on it for 3 days and lost 2.5kg!! Some people are different though so hang in there and seek help from your doctor and ask what your not doing right?

leighp085 likes this.
  3. leighp085

leighp085 New Member
    Registered

I drink sooo much water! And my fitbit tracks everything, it shows me carbs, protein and fat. I am going to see my doc this week. She didn't give me much direction at my first appointment so maybe I can get some better advice.

4. Emily13975

Emily13975 New Member
    Registered

Yeah when i went to the doctor he was just like “i can perscribe you duromine” i asked what it did and he told me if supresses your appitite and thats it!!! Everything i know about duromine, i got off the internet! I have researched it that much!

I have no side effects as of yet only that its helping me loose weight and im not as hungry! But hopefully the doctor gives you some insight! Unlike my doctor

5. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Leighp085, hi! How is it going? Did the doctor give you any advice?

• Like us on Facebook