Duromine Diary

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Aimee90, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Aimee90

Aimee90 New Member
    Registered

Hi!

So I am here as I want to keep a little log of my experiences with Duromine.
    I have read up a LOT on this drug, and decided I would give it a go after years of trying to drop around 15kgs. I was a little shocked at how fine my doctor was with prescribing me Duromine as I thought it would be a little difficult to get my hands on it as my BMI is only around 27. But he didn't ask any questions and asked me what dose I want!!! (30mg )Not the best doctor obviously but I got what I wanted. My pharmacist was very informative about the drug and suggested I come in each week or fortnight to get my blood pressure tested, so I will do that.

My weight effects everything I do, my social life, my sex life and my job.
    I put on 15kgs in about a year 3 years ago when I moved in with my boyfriend. Basically I was comfortable and didn't realize how big I was getting until I got to where I am now. I've tried shakes, WW, Lite'n'Easy, Gym memberships etc but I just cant stick to anything long enough to get results.

I am 22, 172cm tall and currently weigh in at 82.1kgs.
    My goal is to drop 15kgs to be at 67kgs. I have started Duromine during the school holidays (I work for the education department) so hopefully I can get any nasty side effects (if they occur) out of the way before I go back to work!

So, here goes!

Day One:
    Weight : 82.1kgs

So I took my first Duromine tablet at 6.30am and went back to sleep until around 8.30am. Felt no different and ate an apple at 9.30am as I was starting to get hungry.

My appetite was most certainly suppressed by around 2.30pm but before then I felt slightly hungry off and on.
    Probably should have drank more water (had about 800ml today) but no dry mouth or any other noted side effects.

Today I have eaten :2 apples, a small serving of healthy home made nachos and a 2 point WW bar.
    Probably could have made more of an effort to snack more often also.

at around 6pm I started getting a very slight headache (not enough to really bother me) that I assume is because of lack of water.

Over all feel quite well and 'normal' on my first day of Duromine, but I do feel quite tired so hopefully I sleep well tonight!

Will post again tomorrow!

Aimee.

2. Aimee90

Aimee90 New Member
    Registered

Day 2:
    Weight: 79.9

So around 8.30 last night I decided to go to bed because my headache was thumping. At 12am it will still very painful so I took panadol and went back to bed thinking it was what was keeping me up. Headache went but I didn't get a single hour of sleep last night! I was tired and relaxed but didn't actually fall to sleep at all (maybe for 30 minutes around 5am). Much to my surprise I am not over tired at all today and feel pretty good! I checked in on the scales this morning to see I had lost a whopping 2.3kgs! Im sure it's mostly water but I am still very happy! Hopefully tonight I will get a better nights sleep and no headaches!

Very pleased so far with Duromine!

Aimee

3. Aimee90

Aimee90 New Member
    Registered

Day 3:

Weight 78.9
    Loss of: 3.2kgs

So pleased with my journey on Duromine so far! No side effects what so ever yesterday. Was tired from not sleeping but other then that I was fine..
    Was worried I wouldn't sleep last night so I had a hot shower and drank a hot milky drink before bed, then downloaded a sleep app that had soothing sounds etc. Worked a treat. I woke up through the night a few times but fell right back to sleep.

Very excited that so far I am dropping around a kilo a day. Im sure that will slow down soon though!

Aimee

4. Aimee90

Aimee90 New Member
    Registered

Day 4
    Weight : 78.1
    Loss: 3.9

I'm so happy right now! I'm losing almost a kilo a day with zero exercise and I feel great! Sleeping like a baby and no side effects at all!

5. Kylie

Kylie New Member
    Registered

Hello,

I will be starting my first ever dosage of 30mg Duromine tomorrow and have a 1 month supply. I have a lot of weight to lose and would like to know how much I should be expecting to lose each week? My Current weight is 94kg and I am 155cm tall.

I am doing light exercise (1/2 hour power walking & ab-circle pro) 5 days a week at the moment but as I have a Hypothyroidism I have not had much success so far in shifting this weight. I have finally convinced a Dr to give me Duromine so I can get my eating sorted and have enough energy to really kick strat this journey. If I eat three healthy meals a day and run on my treadmill for 1 hour per day should it come off quite quickly??

6. Aimee90

Aimee90 New Member
    Registered

I think it changes for everyone Kylie. I lost some weight very quickly buy after about 7 days It dramatically slowed down. I stopped taking duromine for a short period of time (about a week and a half) as I was on another medication that made me feel very ill when taken with duro, but will start again properly on duro today. Since i stopped taking it i put on 2 kilos. My sister also started taking duromine but only lost 2 kilos in her first week so it just depends. Good luck

7. ScytheQueen

ScytheQueen New Member
    Registered

I agree, it depends on each individual. Your best bet in my opinion is to cut out as much carbs as you can, and if you have to have them, make sure its something like rye bread, fruits and veg.