Duromine Diary Day 1

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by durodani93, Aug 22, 2014.

1. durodani93

durodani93 Member
    Registered

Hey guys, this is my first time taking duromine & I want to document my experience as I go. I'm 21, 168cm & sick of being the fat girl! It's time to start living. My stats are:
    W: 84.4kg
    GW: 65kg...ish?
    Dose: 30mg

I had to go to 2 different doctors to get it (first one I was actually too intimidated to say I wanted it so I left with a stack of "diet tips" and a lecture..). But I found some courage and the next lady was lovely. She handed me the script after a good check up & chat, and i left the office buzzing with excitement!

So far today I've had no side effects except a bit of dry mouth.. I'm keeping a food & exercise log to keep me on track as well. Did a 30min workout & my whole day of food includes: 1 pear, 25g raw almonds, 75g tuna in springwater, 125g salmon fillet & steamed broccolini!
    My understanding (now) of what people mean when they report "not feeling hungry at all" on duromine is this: Yes, you COULD eat because when you think about the small amount you've consumed, and you feel your tummy rumbling, you naturally imagine eating something. But - and this is the beauty of duromine - when you start to think about ACTUALLY eating a specific food, you realise you really really don't want to eat it! You really don't want to eat anything!
    You *could* eat, but you don't want to, and you definitely don't crave anything, so you just say no, and it's quite easy! Amazing!

So now I'm about to go to bed (if I can.. fingers crossed). In such a positive frame of mind currently, so glad I found this site!

Melmo likes this.
  2. durodani93

durodani93 Member
    Registered

Took me a while to get to sleep last night (2.30am) but I'm a student and do shift work so this isn't a huge issue. Still slept about 6.5hrs which I'm happy with. Woke up feeling refreshed and ready for the day. Hey, I could get use to this!

Melmo likes this.
  3. durodani93

durodani93 Member
    Registered

Day 4 and still no real side effects except a dry mouth & sweating/overheating. Slept for 7hrs last night & feeling resfreshed. Worked a long and busy shift and turned down a break because I genuinely didn't need one. Say what?!
    Haven't weighed myself yet because I'm too scared, plus I feel like any loss at this point will be water weight!
    Hardest thing to do on Duramine is to keep eating. Never thought I'd say that in my life, but when you're not hungry eating becomes a chore. But I know I need to otherwise my body will go into starvation mode & I might ruin my metabolism for life :/ Also need to drink more water.

Melmo likes this.
  4. KaylaLouise

KaylaLouise Well-Known Member
    Registered

Sounds like you're in a very good head space :) I can relate to the fear of weighing in. I was honestly so nervous for my first weigh in and even the second or third. I always thought that even though I'd lost last week that I would gain the next.

Most people on here do experience a really good loss in the first week and yes it may be water weight but if your losing the water that your body has been holding on to because of the sodium in take of your old diet then it's still a loss right?

Def keep up your water intake, I finding having a bottle helps me more than just glasses of water. I read somewhere, whether it's true or not I don't know, that being adequately hydrated we improve the ability to burn fat by up to 30%.

Melmo and durodani93 like this.
  5. Nessa22

Nessa22 Member
    Registered

Love how your so positive ! Send some my way ! I'm sick of being the fat girl and this is day 6 - weigh in on Wednesday so we will see !! The food thing is like you said , it feels like a chore to eat !! I'm having to put reminders on my phone otherwise I'm sure I could go most of the day without it and just keep drinking water and green tea !! you got this - keep it up !!! No more fat girl thoughts .

Melmo and durodani93 like this.
  6. durodani93

durodani93 Member
    Registered

Wow really Kayla?! That's good to know...Be right back, just going to chug a litre of water!! ;)
    & yes nessa I agree! That reminder idea is clever I'm going to start doing that too.
    You guys are awesome! :D

Melmo and Nessa22 like this.