DUROMINE & coffee

Discussion in 'Foods' started by Liabet, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Liabet

Liabet New Member
    Registered

Hi I'm starting my DUROMINE journey today & this may sound silly but I am wondering if it's ok to still drink coffee?

shellyisme likes this.
  2. HotFizz

HotFizz Member
    Registered

I dont see why it would be a problem, i am on Duromine 30 and i have 1-2 cups of coffee and i am losing weight so it doesnt effect the precription drug. I lost 5 kg in 2 weeks time, but everyones body is different , i dont have any problems. Good Luck and all the best :)

Leigh'sgottalottolose likes this.
  3. lovecat

lovecat New Member
    Registered

Because duromine is a stimulant, you're supposed to avoid all other stimulants while taking them, including caffeine; its got nothing to with with interfering with duromine, it has to do with the health of your heart, and not all bad effects are instant, some can show up after you stop duromine.

4. Leigh'sgottalottolose

Leigh'sgottalottolose Well-Known Member
    Registered

I only have one cup of coffee a day, and I have it before I take my Duromine and Thyroid meds, so far no worries at all .. thanks for posting this question Liabet, it is good to know these things ..

Liabet likes this.
  5. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Nothing bad is in coffee. It's a stimulant, like lovecat said, because of caffeine. But you should know that any kind of tea (except for herbal or fruit tea) contain much more caffeine than coffee. So, you got to listen to your body and according to your reaction, choose - whether to drink it or not. ;)
    For example, if you have palpitations or dyspnea, it's better to minimize caffeine consumption.
    Take care, Liabet :):):)

6. Annel

Annel New Member
    Registered

Good day,

I started with duromine 30mg yesterday only side effects so far chest pain and did not sleep at all last night:( should I be worried about the chest pain?
    Tx
    Annel

7. Leigh'sgottalottolose

Registered

Hi Annel, I am SORRY TO HEAR YOU HAVING THESE SIDE EFFECTS, I know if I take my duromine { 30mg }the minute I get out of bed, I SLEEP better and longer, maybe you should be on 15mg FOR NOW? And I drink loads of water, which is why I think I do not get headaches or struggle to fall asleep. I do have a bit of a spinning head and a buzz FEELING when I am active, exercise and just cleaning the house doing chores like vacuuming etc, gives me a slight light headedness feeling but it does not last long, and the funny thing is it has only started recently. I have been on duromine 11 days now, and the past few days have been like this, not sure if you are active? Sorry I could not give you medical advice here, sure Kate will be able to help you out with this question, all the best to you, :)

8. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

If you are at all worried you should see your doctor, I am not saying it is serious, but you do not want to take chances with your health.

lovecat likes this.
  9. Liabet

Liabet New Member
    Registered

Thank you for your help. I am on day 6 now and day 1 was the only day I actually really felt more energy and had that buzzing feeling. I have been drinking a lot of water & as soon as I feel I might be getting a headache I increase it & so far so good. I have had some trouble sleeping, but have always had trouble with this anyway. I have lost 3kg in the first 3days but nothing since. Proper measurement day tomorrow.

10. Annel

Annel New Member
    Registered

11. Annel

Annel New Member
    Registered

Hi Leigh,
    Chest pains are gone feeling better, but now I have the flu sore throat and body.:mad:
    Tx
    Annel

Leigh'sgottalottolose and Liabet like this.
  12. Annel

Annel New Member
    Registered

how many times a week do you weigh yourself, I think once a week should be fine what do you guys prefer.
    tx
    Annel

13. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

Glad to hear the chest pains are better Annel. I have heard of people who started Duromine and feel as if they are getting the flu, but it gets better within a few days. Your body needs time to get used to the new medication, so it may be one of the side effects.
    As far as weigh in is concerned, I like to do it one a week, with measurements twice a month.
    Hope you feel better soon!;)

14. Liabet

Liabet New Member
    Registered

I am trying not to weigh myself more than once a week but sometimes can't help sneaking a peek lol.

I've found that my cravings have come back after 5days & I'm no longer feeling as full as I was before, has anyone else experienced this?

LollyTerror likes this.
  15. Leigh'sgottalottolose

Registered

Hi Annel, glad to read that you have no more chest pain, but sorry to hear you feeling a little under the weather, hope it passes soon, remember all these little set back are tests, we need to deal with them and not allow them to stop us from being focused, so try to eat even if it is a little as when one is feel sick we do not want to eat, or eat right, and drink loads of water and herbal tea, to help you recover quickly from your "flu" symptoms, it really does help you to boost your immune system and flush out your system ,keep going girl, you can overcome this !!!

lovecat likes this.
  16. Leigh'sgottalottolose

Registered

I am really bad at waiting a week to weigh in ,I have an obsession with e scale still, and it is not good at all ,as it messes with the mind, because we fluctuate in our weight through the day and the week, we should really NOT get on the scale every day, and only Once WEEK, I have decided to pack the scale in the cupboard, and only take it out on FRIDAY morning to weigh in ...

17. Leigh'sgottalottolose

Registered

Hi Liabet, I have been on D now for 14 days, {2 weeks today !!} I have had no cravings for sweet or savoury /salty foods at all, but yesterday I was craving a banana for the first time, which either means I want something sweet, or just that my body is asking for potassium or nutrients ,so I started taking my multivitamins again ,as I think my "cravings" stem from a lack of minerals..

Liabet likes this.
  18. Annel

Annel New Member
    Registered

Hi Leigh,
    I have the same problem with the scale I have ask the children to hide the scale and only give it to me once a week.:p

19. shellyisme

shellyisme Well-Known Member
    Registered

I know we shouldn't weigh in daily.. I try not to... As I think it messes with my emotions... So this week I haven't.... I'm hanging to get on the scale tomorrow morning...... Duromine really helps me .. I don't snack or crave junk food... And I can now say no thank you to high sugar/calorie food :) it's amazing :)

20. Leigh'sgottalottolose

Registered

Hi Annel, well done for doing so, and it is good that the kids see you are trying to overcome this obstacle and that they do not learn our ad habits and obsessions too ...It is liberating not getting o nthat scale, and it also prevents yo from focussing on your weight, and food al lday long, by not getting on it daily it helped me to focus on my fitness instead, and think of toning my body and firming it and thinking of cm loss instead and not on calories only, it is vital that we LEARN to balance food and fitness, so we do not have these struggles for the rest of our lives , it was gr8 getting on the scale on weigh in day and being surprised to see I had lost 1.7kg this week, it was a pleasure hiding the scale away after that, lol .. All the best for YOUR WEIGH IN DAY Annel.. let us know how it goes,we can beat this !!