Duromine and no success

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by Mum3, May 15, 2014.

1. Mum3

Mum3 New Member
    Registered

Hi all been on duromine for over a month and not have much success just can't seem to get back into those two digit numbers. It's quite depressing every time I get on the scales. Just wondering if anyone has an advise on a successful diet.

Thanks

2. KelMumOf3

KelMumOf3 New Member
    Registered

I know what u mean im hanging for them 2 numbers not 3.

May i ask what mg is are taking and whats ur water intake like and also soft drink?

What kinda food and how many cals a day are u having??

3. Mum3

Mum3 New Member
    Registered

Hi Kel,
    I aim to drink 3L of water a day realistically I am lucky to reach 2 L and if I do reach 2L I'm on the toilet for half the day and night. In terms of food I haven't been counting my calories, however Im only eating when I am hungry. Trying to eat minimal carbs.

4. Tamaraj

Tamaraj Member
    Registered

Hi, sorry to hear it hasn't been working. I don't eat carbs at all, once in a while I will have a slice of sourdough bread but that's it (and I LOVE my carbs). I only have fruit for breakfast as I have never been a big breakfast eater. No soft drink, alcohol or snacks. This may sound hard but because I don't feel hungry, its not.....and I did eat a bit of cake the other day for my birthday and felt sick.
    Hope you find something that works for you soon.

oh and I do 4 boxing (high cardio) classes a week

5. Lanny Edey

Lanny Edey Member
    Registered

Your biggest mistake is you are not eating enough. Sounds crazy right! Your body is right now in starvation mode, so any thing you eat your body will hang onto! And it will store it because it doesn't know when it's next feed will come from. You need to eat 4-6 meals per day (it's called grazing) it it the most effective way to speed up your motabalism. Right now it is not working or it's very sluggish because you are not adding energy (food, healthy food). Are you exercising?
    Carbs are ok, but you need to burn it off as energy in the gym or preferred exercise, it simply goes to fat storage if not burnt as an energy aid. Diets don't work, try and simply add changes to your eating habits that are beneficial to your body. In other words start being accountable for what you eat, I used to eat and not realise what I was really eating, and I couldn't explain why I wasn't losing the weight. Wasn't until I really became aware of what I put into my mouth that it became apparent how much processed stuff I was eating. It's fairly easy to convince ourselves that we are eating well when in fact we aren't.
    If you start eating right (salads, nuts, oats, fruit, chicken, beef, veggies) you will in a week or two find that you will drop the weight. But make yourself eat 4-6 times a day and get into that habit because if you don't and you haven't been eating right and exercising, you will (without a doubt) put the pounds back on and more!
    But hey, only you can decide if you want to change? Make it a lifestyle change not a quick fix diet, that will never work.
    Rock on, stay fab :)

Flower007, Mumof3 and Kate like this.
  6. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Wow! Can't add anything more to what you've said Lanny!
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts, because some people need a kick, not pity words that never help.

I keep saying that weight loss is a lifetime struggle. You cannot start a diet, pills, exercises and then stop after having achieved the desired result. This way all the weight comes back and even more, that is a fact.

We must teach our bodies to eat for living not live for eating.

Lanny Edey likes this.