Duromine and Me

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by JulzRulz, Sep 4, 2013.

1. JulzRulz

JulzRulz New Member
    Registered

Hi there,
    I have just joined this forum and I look forward to having people to talk to about weight loss and duromine. This is not my first time on duromine, but I plan for it to be my last! I have lost 9.1kg over the last couple of months (I wasn't taking duromine the whole time) and I still have 25.1kg to lose.\\

The main side effect that I have is the dry mouth, which can be annoying at times but I mostly find it helps me drink more water. I occasionally have trouble sleeping but it doesn't bother me as I feel fine the next day.

I weigh myself every Monday morning to track my weightloss, and I will hopefully be updating here every week.

I look forward to reading stories from others and hopefully I can offer some advise and support :)

2. JulzRulz

JulzRulz New Member
    Registered

I just realised that I didn't really say anything about myself!

I am 27 and happily married. I have 3 children, twin 5 year old boys and a 20 month old little girl.
    I was a skinny child because I was very active and I wasn't much of a sweet tooth. As I got a bit older (about 12) I started eating junk and wasn't playing sport anymore so I gradually gained weight. I have pretty much been heavy ever since. I did manage to get down to about 75kg, but shortly after that I fell pregnant with my twins so that quickly changed. During my pregnancy I convinced myself that I could eat for 3, and I gained about 15kg.. which wouldn't have been too bad but then I continued to eat that way and gained another 30kg over the next couple of years. I don't know my exact weights over the years because I preferred to avoid the scales and keep my head in the sand. I do know that at one point I got to above 130kg. I tried healthy eating, atkins, weight watchers, tony ferguson.. they all work but I never stuck at them for long enough. My first time on duromine I started at 122kg, I got down to 100.1kg and I was a lot fitter. Then I completely lost control when I had my nephews 2nd birthday party at my house.. I stopped taking the duromine because I felt it was a waste if I was going to eat junk. This was in late November last year, so soon after I started all of my annual Christmas baking and had social events to attend, then my father that lives in Singapore was here visiting for a month so I just didn't want to think about what I was eating. I then convinced myself that because my boys were soon to start school I shouldn't worry about it and should just make the most of my time with them. I started back on duromine a couple of months ago when I was 114kg (so I had gained back 14kg!!) last Mondays weigh in saw me at 104.1kg so I am heading in the right direction again and I am hopeful that I will stick to it this time! I really want to take part in fun runs for charity and I love doing Relay for Life and pushing myself to see how many hours I can walk, so my fitness is important to me. I am joining my local gym with a friend next week so I hope that will motivate me to get back into the exercise side of things because so far I have been struggling to do much.

When I feel like giving up I remind myself that if I hadn't given up last time then I would most likely be at my goal weight by now instead of starting again and having to regain my fitness.

3. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello, Julz! Welcome to our family!:D

I'm pretty sure many girls from the forum are familiar with the same situation as yours. I remember the time when I was around your age and thinking th esame way about food and diets... kids... I know, when you have them (twins in your case!) they go on the 1st place. Seems you are a food addict, as many of us are. No worries, since you now realize that things must be changed. Let me ask you one question: is your daily menu different now when you started taking the pills again? Because you know it is important. I hope so.

Well, I am glad that you have your goal now and you will do great! Good luck!

ps. if you need advice just ask;)

4. JulzRulz

JulzRulz New Member
    Registered

Thanks for the welcome Kate :)

Yes, us mums quickly become the lowest priority to ourselves but I am starting to realise that taking care of me benefits my family also. I am definitely a food addict, emotional and boredom eating are my main struggles.. and food choices of course. My menu sure has changed, after years of different diets I know what I should be eating, I just find it hard to stick to most of the time. I think that is why the duromine helps me, because I don't feel like I want the food as much I am more likely to eat what I should be eating instead of what I want to eat.

I have found that calorie counting is the best way for me to lose weight, and although I no longer count the calories that I am having I know the general amount in everything I eat and have a rough idea on how much I should/shouldn't eat for my remaining meals for the day. I don't like the idea of cutting out food groups from your diet because your body needs all of them.

5. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Exactly. That's what I keep saying to ladies, who are trying to change their menu and sometimes instead of healthy eating and dividing meals into 4-5 small meals, barely eat something, or even worse - end up starving, which is totally wrong!o_O
    I see no problem for you to lose as much weight as you want, since you realize such important things. Glad you're here, sharing your experience and ideas!:)

6. JulzRulz

JulzRulz New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight: 114kg
    Last Weigh in (Tuesday 10th) : 102.9

I managed to lose 1.2kg last week which I am pretty happy about as I only did a couple of walks and some kicking the footy and shooting hoops with hubby and the kids :)
    I started at the gym this week! I didn't have my appointment with a trainer to plan a work out program until this morning so I just went in on Tuesday and Wednesday and got on the treadmill for a bit over an hour. I am very excited to start on my program which will be targeting all muscle groups mixed with a bit of cardio and strength training to work on my knees and back so that I can start having less trouble with them. I will also be doing just cardio on the days between my 'work out' days :)

My next relay for life is on 19th/20th October so I have 36 days to build up my fitness as much as I can so I can push myself to my full abilities! I want to be under 100kg for the relay and I want to be able to jog some laps instead of just waking. The last relay I participated in was very disappointing as I had put my back out so I had to walk very slowly and not for too long while I was popping pain meds but the one before that I managed to walk about for a total of about 15 hours out of the 18 hour event so I would love to push myself to at least match that! It's going to hurt but the achievement that I know I will feel afterwards is more than worth it :D

Karen D likes this.