Duromine and alcohol

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by Janine25, May 21, 2014.

1. Janine25

Janine25 New Member
    Registered

Is it very unhealthy to take Duromine with alcohol? I just love my glass of red wine at the end of a day! I have been using Duromine for 3 weeks now, and still having my wine, but want to make sure it will not cause any damage with the pillso_O.

2. lovecat

lovecat New Member
    Registered

"DO NOT drink alcohol whilst taking Duromine."

Duromine leaflet
    Your dr should have given you that leaflet, and you should have researched it before starting. Daily alcohol consumption on its own does its own damage (thats a fact im afraid) but to have it while taking duromine is even more dangerous.

Pick your poison..

#2 lovecat, May 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2017
  3. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

I always say that you should better avoid drinking alcohol while on Duromine. But nobody takes it seriously here.o_O

However, if it's just "a glass of red wine", I don't think it will damage your health too much. There's another risk. You see, when you drink alcohol, it relaxes you and so your will power and all reactions are sleeping))) Thus you can eat more than usual, so your diet might be ruined since your appetite increases. Basically, alcohol neutralizes the effect of Duroine.

4. sunnydays

sunnydays New Member
    Registered

I have been behaving the same as lovecat,I find even after a glass of wine,I have cravings Or hungrry.I am doing my best to stay off it.End of week 2 lost 4.3kg so far,how much have u lost lovecat?

5. Tania J

Tania J Active Member
    Registered

I wish I had your guy's determination. I do still have my drink every day, and know you are not supposed to while on D, but I've had no bad reactions, it just keeps my nerves down and does not increase my appetite at all, quite the opposite.

It is probably different for everybody, but I prefer a glass o wine rather than taking drugs like valium and anti depressants - at least it is natural?:p:D:eek::oops:

6. Vee

Vee Active Member
    Registered

I have the odd glass no problem, I was so freaked that I would die or something so didn't for ages now I do :)

Tania J likes this.
  7. lovecat

lovecat New Member
    Registered

Hi @ sunnyday. Not sure what u mean about behaving like me; i dont drink alcohol. And i dont get cravings, or have a food problem. My diet and exercise was fine before duromine and has stayed the same since; im unable to shift weight for medical reasons. Lost 1kg after my first month taking 15mg, and 0.8kg on my second month taking 30mg. Im now on my third month of duromine, still taking 30mg. I only had about 10kg to lose so it doesnt work the way it does with people who have more to lose.
    Duromine isnt the only drug u shouldnt drink alcohol with while taking. Just stating facts and answering the question.

8. Tania J

Tania J Active Member
    Registered

HI Vee,

Glad to hear I am not the only one, haha:D