Duromine and alcohol question

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by bekky2013, Nov 16, 2013.

1. bekky2013

bekky2013 New Member
    Registered

Heya everyone.

I know not to drink alcohol while taking duromine.
    I have 7 D-pills left before my next script. On the 24th Nov I fly back home for my 21st....and for a week I am most definitely going to be drinking. Will that affect me if my duromine finishes on the 23rd...?

And my doctor didnt say when to start or when not to start my next script of pills....do I have a break from them or do I take them when I come back from my 21sr holiday (2nd Dec)

Please help ♥

SW: 128k
    CW: 122K
    TWL: 6k
    GW: 100k (for now)

2. WhiteRose

WhiteRose New Member
    Registered

I'm not certain but I would assume that the Duromine would still be working its way out of your system for a couple of days after you stop taking it. I would be taking the new script of pills the day after you finish the last script.
    I guess you have to ask yourself what is more important to you, being healthy and losing weight, or being drunk for a week. It's also highly likely that you will put on some of the weight you have lost during that week, so is it really worth it? You can still have a fun week away without the drinking or breaking your healthy diet.
    But that's just my opinion anyway, It's your body after all.
    Goodluck! :)

bekky2013 likes this.
  3. bekky2013

bekky2013 New Member
    Registered

I wont be drinking every day. It is my 21st and I do want to have a few drinks with family and friends. I will still eat healthy and drink water exercise.
    I don't plan to drink bottles of wine or vodka. It will be the toasts and the celebration drinks.
    I should be alright for a week and if I do put on kgs I just work harder to take them of when I get back.

4. bekky2013

bekky2013 New Member
    Registered

Thankyou for your imput it is helpful ♥

5. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Bekky, of course I wouldn't suggest you drinking while of the pills. But considering that you are going to stop the pills the day before drinking...well, you can try. Just some wine maybe. Still, you should be ready to expect some side effects: nervousness, dry mouth, nausea, dizziness, vomiting, etc. And there is one more thing you should know about ANY alcohol drink. It enhances your appetite. Believe me, it's true. Because it is a psychostimulant, so you may start snacking without even noticing that. And little by little you may gain your kgs back. But that is the worst scenario, everything is in your hands. Anyway, if you feel like you really want to have some drinks with your family&friends, just pay attention at any changes in your state. Have a nice celebration!

6. bekky2013

bekky2013 New Member
    Registered

Thankyou. I will stay strong for next week. My partner knows that im having a week off of D so ive told him to watch what im eating incase I don't ect ect. So I think im pretty set.

Still cant believe im turning 21...!!!

Kate likes this.
  7. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Ah, what a wonderful age!! Congrats!!:D:D:D