Duromine 40mg started two days ago

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Eva12, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Eva12

Eva12 New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone!
    So, after gaining a crapload of weight in the past year or so I asked my dr to put me on duromine, and was pleased that he did. When i got home i faced the dreaded scales to see just how much weight i had put on...i could have cried to discover i was over 100kgs at 103.7. I have always had trouble with my weight - frequently going up and down. My previous heaviest weight that i can remember was 84kgs and i was horrified at that!!I have tried duromine before, quite a long time ago and to be honest it didnt do much for me but i didnt get many side effects either. I decided to get the generic brand this time (Metermine) because i thought i would save a bit of money - cant believe it still cost about $120!!Worth it though if it will help kick start weight loss. Today is my third day on it and im feeling fine although a little dissapointed as it doesnt seem to be helping me eat less (though starting the day before xmas prob doesnt help!). I read a lot of other forums which had mostly people who had never tried it bad-mouthing it and saying a pill wont help lose weight. I'm only taking it as a starter for weight loss, then hopefully i will feel a little more energetic and encouraged to continue losing weight. I forgot to mention i take ritalin for ADHD so i have to be extra careful with combining these meds - my DR told me to lower my ritalin dose. All seems to be going fine in these early stages.

well, i wish everyone luck, i am going to continue to come on this forum and get inspiration and advice from all of you! x

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello and welcome Eva to our forum! It is nice to meet new people and to offer our support in long way of weight loss!
    It's a shame Duromine didn't help you to lose weight, but since I know from my own and as I read on our forum, it actually works in most cases. Don't get me wrong, but maybe your doctor missed some recommendations, like to exercise and keep low-calorie diet? Like I say to our newbies : everybody's different and every organism has its own reaction to drugs, food, etc. I am glad though that you don't give up and take another try. Can't say much of generics, but some are good the others not. You should try. I wish you only success and share us your scores!
    Merry Christmas and happy holidays! You will do great, I know that! You just got to have self-confidence and little of patience. Nothing is impossible.