Duromine 40mg Let's do this... excited/nervous/determined

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by pammie, Jun 19, 2017.

1. pammie

pammie New Member
    Registered

Ok so I picked up my prescription today for 40mg, tomorrow is going to be day 1, I'd be keen to hear of anyone starting their journey or any advice on what to expect...

I have ALOT of weight to lose so this is really important. I want to be healthy. I've also joined a gym and have been working out 3 days per week. Now I just need to smash this!

Current weight around 133kg
    Height 166cm
    Goal weight 75kg

Any advice/encouragement would be greatly appreciated!

2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hello Pammie! From the bottom of my heart I wish you to have a very successful experience with Duromine and great results on your way to a healthy weight. All I want to tell you is that you should be ready that it might be difficult, that you might get upset at times, that times come when you want to quite everything – all these are possible, yet you already now your goal: YOU WANT TO BE HEALTHY! Always keep it in mind and if you need to talk to someone, please feel free to leave your thoughts here. People are so supportive and full of personal experience!

First couple of tips are to set up a good healthy eating plan (go steady with proper nutrition without getting to extremes), start being physically active (might be hard at the beginning, yet the stamine builds every days, just like your muscles grow stronger with each move you make) – and get a couple of sessions with a personal trainer so that he develops a proper training program for your physical condition and current weight, and the last one: WATER, WATER, WATER! Duromine requires a good hydration, and you should never forget about this, especially when you are training.

Never forget: You are strong enough to overcome it all. You can do it! Best of luck!

3. pammie

pammie New Member
    Registered

Thank you so much April, I am focused and determined. I know it won't be easy but I'm in it for the long haul. I normally drink between 2-3 litres a day of water so I don't think water intake will be an issue for me. Do you have any advice on what time to take the duromine? This moring I took at 7am so was worried it may be a little late as i notice most people take earlier. On my gym days I'm up at 5am so will aim to take it then.

Here's to a successful day 1!

4. pammie

pammie New Member
    Registered

Ok so Day 1 went reasonably well... high 5 !!!

I didn't have too many side effects, I had a strange metallic taste in my mouth towards the later part of the day and I've had a banging headache since 8pm last night but I managed 8 hours sleep and drank 3 litres of water so all good.

For Brekkie I had some natural yoghurt with blueberries and pumpkin seeds, I had a few meetings which meant I grabbed lunch around 3pm , I wasn't hungry but wanted to eat something so had a grilled chicken salad. After work I did some housework and as my headache worsened I didn't really want to eat so I skipped dinner and managed 8 hours sleep.

I woke this morning, took my pill at 5am then went to the gym and done 45 min cardio. I don't feel hungry (which is great!) but I don't think I've experienced this burst of energy people talk about, its still early days so will keep you posted.

Bring on day 2!

5. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hello Pammie! High 5 back for a great day 1! =)

If you didn’t have any side effects like insomnia, it means you don’t really need to take Duromine too early in the morning. As a rule, people try to take it as early as possible if they suffer from Duromine-induced insomnia. This is all so individual. You will just have to check it on yourself and see what suits you the best. Headaches are another possible side effect of Duromine. If you can’t bear it, have a Panadol or Ibuprofen. It should subside in a couple of days though.,.

Ok, the burst of energy is another thing that doesn’t hit each and every Duromine user. Some have it, while other experience not a lightest hint on it. Either way, I have to tell you that you are BRAVO for this gym session and I hope you will manage to review your nutrition so that you don’t have such long intervals between the meals. Don’t interfere the metabolism boost that Duromine provides with your metabolism-slowing meals schedule. Try to have some small simple snacks if you don’t have the possibility to eat normally. A couple of nuts or seeds, or a fruit, or a vegetable. Drop something in the system to let it work non-stop.

Looking forward to your day 2 update! Keep up the good attitude!

6. pammie

pammie New Member
    Registered

Thanks so much for your advice and encouragement April!

Day 2 went ok.

My headaches got pretty bad, I took painkillers and got no relief so I left work early as I couldn't cope.

Food wise very similar, I had yoghurt and berries for brekkie, I ate lunch around 1pm and had a chicken salad and dinner I had a small chicken stir fry with lots of veggies.

Lots of water - 3.5 litres.

I slept a good 8 hours so fingers crossed I dont get any insomnia! Dont have any headache this morning so fingers crossed I've gotten rid of them.

When is it best to weight myself? I was thinking a week in but I dont know if I can wait until then.

Here's to day 3!!!

7. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hello Pammie! Sounds like you’re eating quite right, well done. I just don’t notice any snacks.. a couple of berries or nuts would be nice.

Crossing my fingers too for no headaches… However, they should be gone in a couple of days. But hope you’ll have none starting from today. Have a wonderful day 3 Pammie!

8. pammie

pammie New Member
    Registered

Hi April,

I try not to snack, is that good or bad? I feel like sometimes if I snack it can lead to me overeating.

Sleeping is going great, no issues at all yay!!! Headaches have also gone, yipeeeeeeeeee... I feel more and more thirsty every day so I am drinking around 3-4 litres of water per day which is good. I think my skin is looking clearer already.

Tomorrow is my first weigh-in, 1 full week down and I am sooooooooo nervous but also excited as I know I've worked hard, I will keep you posted! :)

9. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hello Pammie. You know, the main thing about your nutrition plan is that you get a required amount of calories and useful substances. If you worry that you might overeat, if you start snacking, all you have to do, is count the daily caloric value of your menu for a couple of days. this will help you understand where you are at and whether you can afford introducing 1-2 snacks, like a banana in the first part of the day and a small tube of natural yogurt in the second part of the day.

Woooohooo for all the good changes and no more torturing from side effects. And an improvement in skin condition is indeed a lovely bonus! Very happy for you! looking forward to tomorrow and keeping my fingers crossed for your success!

A lovely day to you!!!

10. pammie

pammie New Member
    Registered

Hi April,

I weighed in this morning and I have lost 5kg!!! OMG, cannot believe it! I was hoping for 3kg :) and when I came into work today a colleague mentioned that she thought my face looked slimmer, high 5 to that!

Thank you for the advice with snacking, I've added an apple as an afternoon snack and I also have a 30g box of almonds that I snack on throughout the day. I'm still keeping up the exercise, I'm doing 45 mins cardio on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I love that I no longer have food cravings, I'm eating to fuel my body and that's it. I did wake this morning a little hungry but drank a load of water then had my brekkie so all good.

Stats so far....
    Height 166cm
    Starting weight - 133.5kg
    Current weight - 128.5kg (week 1 weight loss 5kg)
    1st goal weight - under 100kg
    2nd goal weight - 90kg
    3rd goal weight - 80kg
    Ideal weight - 70kg

#10 pammie, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  11. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

o_O are you kidding me??!!! That’s so cool! Congratulations!!!! Means you are doing everything right and it’s the best way for your body to lose weight, so keep it up Pammie! And definitely a high 5 to the first compliments! Keep up the pace and you’ll get plenty of those =))

Did you take photos or measurements for a better recording of your progress? It’s always nice to have those and watch them and realize how strong you are =)) and how much you managed to achieve AND to realize that Rome wasn’t built in a day. To cut it short (and to tell you a secret, I love watching the before and after photos – so much inspiration and willpower in those), If you wish, I would suggest you do it. At least the measurements. If you plan to introduce some strength exercises (and you should, really), your weight might stand still at some points, while you will be shrinking on all sides. =)

Thank you for sharing! Keep it up and have a fantastic day!

12. pammie

pammie New Member
    Registered

Hi April,

OMG how exciting, I am super pleased and it has given me the motivation to keep going!

Out of interest has anyone mentioned they have vivid dreams on Duromine? I have noticed almost every night since I started taking them I have been having really strange dreams. Maybe its just a coincidence. At least I am sleeping eh?!

Yes my friend took photos of me from the front, side and behind when we were at the gym so I have those, although I am too scared to look at them. I am keeping them for when I need that extra motivation to keep going.

I definately need to get a little more creative with me food as I dont want to get bored but I find myself eating the same things, yoghurt and blueberries for brekkie, chicken salad for lunch and some protein and veg for dinner. Have you any nice healthy recipes I could use for a weekend treat?

Thanks again April, I really appreciate the support and encouragement. I need this little outlet to keep me focused.

Pammie
    x

13. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hi Pammie! I read a couple of times about vivid dreams while on Duromine. And yes, you’re right, the fact that you sleep well is the most important! =))

I am sure you will be proud when you will be comparing those photos with the ones you will get by the end of this whole story. =)

As for the food… Everything depends on your taste. You can have oatmeal for breakfast, for a change, or some other useful cereals. Or cottage cheese with natural unsweetened yogurt and some other berries or fruits. Or a wholegrain toast with poached egg and a slice of avocado and tomato. If you don’t use some foods and know that they are useful and healthy, it’s time to discover them. You need to form new eating habits. If you will be eating the same thing for three months, you will eat an elephant with BBQ sauce, once you’re out of Duromine (sorry, just joking, but it’s quite close to the truth). You need diversity. Various cereals, fruits, kinds of meat and poultry, fish, dairy foods, greens. I am sure you will find a source of inspiration when you enter a supermarket and take a look at the available products under a different angle.

Just a small example. I once saw on some TV channel how they were cooking “green soup” (not sure already what it was zucchini or broccoli). They were adding cream and creamy soft cheese and probably sautéing broccoli in butter (it was a French soup, so they definitely did). What I did: cut and boil broccoli with onions, place it all together wit the “broth” in the blender, add some salt to taste and a couple of tablespoons of sour cream (10% fat, but these are just 2 tbsp. for about 600-800 ml of soup), blend and serve immediately. My kids love with croutons (wholegrain bread cut in cubes and dried on a dry pan). Simple, delicious, low in calories and useful.

Let your imagination work for you!

14. pammie

pammie New Member
    Registered

Thanks April,

I have tried to be a little more adventurous with my cooking, I made baked mushrooms last night which was delicious, I topped them with capsicum, red onion tomatoes and some mozzarella. Oh that soup sounds delicious, I'll make some of that at the weekend. Do let me know if you have any other simple recipes like that, I work long hours so don't have much time mon-fri for big recipes.

Progress update
    Today marks 2 full weeks on Duromine and I couldn't be happier.

Stats so far....
    Week 1 - 128.5kg (-5kg)
    Week 2 - 126.4 (-2.1kg, total 7.1kg)

15. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Yummy! Love the mushrooms!!! Besides, they are so useful and packed with proteins. When you make the soup, don’t get scared about the smell of boiling onions and broccoli. The outcome will be nice =))

Well, I love cooking and when I am super busy, I also keep it very simple, so not really a lot to tell. I usually have a bowl with all kinds of salad leaves, vegetables, greens, seeds and lemon juice+ olive oil, some avocado and grilled fish/chicken. That’s my favorite thing of all. I am also a fan of grilled vegetables with some cottage cheese+salt+yogurt+garlic (love spicy food. Warning: do not eat this dish if you are planning meeting with someone =)) ). If I cook a family dinner, it is usually something oven baked. Again, fish/meat/poultry + all kinds of vegetables. Nothing too fancy and as little frying, as possible. I usually grill, boil and steam foods.

When I literally have no time to think, not to mention cook for myself, I make a smoothie. Tons of recipes on the internet.

Congratulations with such high results! You’re going fantastic, Pammie! Applause!

16. pammie

pammie New Member
    Registered

Week 3 progress, down another 1.2kg, Wooohoooo, super pleased with this. I am still staying consistent with the gym doing 3 sessions per week of 45 mins cardio. I think i will try up it to 4 days per week once I feel a little more comfortable.

I am still struggling with variety in my foods but I made the brocolli soup April suggested and it was delicious!

Stats so far....
    Week 1 - 128.5kg (-5kg)
    Week 2 - 126.4 (-2.1kg, total 7.1kg)
    Week 3 - 125.2 (-1.2kg, Total 8.3kg)

17. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Yay! That’s so great! You are going in a fantastically fast pace! Well done, Pammie!

How is your skin doing? Does it manage to adjust to the changing volumes? You do exercise a lot, so I think this must help your skin be safe from sagging, however, it should get some aid from you. some coffee massage after shower and a nutrient cream or oils after. Just be gentle and don’t stretch the skin, if you decide to do it.

As for the foods, first- I am glad you liked the soup. Second – when you have time look for healthy fast recipes over the internet, get inspired and enjoy the fast and healthy cooking.

If you work a lot during the week, you can pre-make some foods during the weekend, like portion cut the meat/poultry/fish and season if needed, then freeze. In the morning of a working day, take out a portion, place it in the fridge, and in the evening when you come back home, it’s unfrozen and ready to be grilled, broiled, boiled or fried (on a non-stick pan with a couple of drops of oil or without, if possible). While it’s cooking, take care of your vegetables or the side dish you wish. You can also put eggs to boil – to garnish your tomorrow’s lunch salad (if that’s the plan for tomorrow). 30 minutes in the kitchen – not more. I am just used to doing lots of things at the same time. Requires some focus, yet helps manage many things.

Did you hear of overnight no-cook oatmeal jars? Also a nice way to diversify your breakfasts. As well as omelets with different vegetables. I like with zucchini cut like thick noodles or spinach, and sprinkle some cottage cheese on top. And there you go, healthy and delicious, and reminds of pizza because of the molten cottage cheese. If you have a leftovers of yesterday’s baked or boiled meat, add in, enjoy. The last variant will make up a rich breakfast, so watch out for the other meals of the day. =) always try acting like a chef.

And keep doing whatever you are doing, because you’re going just great!

pammie likes this.
  18. Carriefletch

Carriefletch New Member
    Registered

Congrats pammie! Going great

pammie and April like this.
  19. pammie

pammie New Member
    Registered

Thanks girls!! I was getting worried because the last week or so I was getting hungry again but I pushed through it and the hunger has gone again yay!! I'm so over the moon that I have no side effects other than being thirsty, I guess I am one of the lucky ones!

Ooo I've just started eating cottage cheese April, who knew it was so nice, I have a spiraller so can try zucchini noodles with cottage cheese. I made burger patties last weekend using turkey mince, chives and chilli and they were lovely. I made a big batch and have frozen a load for when I need a quick meal. How do you guys feel about carbs? I have been trying to stay away from them but I saw a recipe for a healthy lasagne using zucchini for the pasta, with mince, herbs, cottage cheese and sweet potatoe. I was thinking I might give it a try, sweet potatoes is healthier than normal potatoes right? I'm definitely trying to be a little more adventurous with food as I don't want to get bored with what I'm eating.

My skin has been doing ok so far, I have a few coffee scrubs at home, I didn't realise they were good for loose skin so I'll definitely get using them. That's a great tip!!

With my exercise it's not been easy but I have A friend at work who has been encouraging me and meeting me in the gym before work which has been a great support.

I feel like it so easy to be healthy during the week but come the weekend I find it harder, I have been avoiding lunches and social drinks etc which is getting to me a little, I'm feeling a little bored at weekends and like I'm missing out but I keep telling myself it's a sacrifice I have to make to get my life back on track. It'll be worth it in the end.

Thank you for the advice and support, it means a lot!

Pam

20. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Tough girl! Let me shake your hand for fighting the hunger and managing to get back into the comfortable appetite zone! As for the side effects, purrrrfect! No bad things + something to remind you that you should drink more water.

Ha! Cottage cheese just got a new fan! =)) The best thing about it is that you can eat it as it is, with some natural yogurt and fruits/berries, or with greens (and/or garlic) as a snack with fresh tomatoes/cucumbers or grilled zucchini/tomatoes/aubergines/etc., or make a lovely cottage cheese pudding with natural cocoa powder/ cinnamon / lemon (orange) zest / apples/raspberry/etc to turn your breakfasts into small feasts. =))

As for the lasagna with zucchini, absolutely love it! However, do not totally cut the carbohydrates from your diet. Choose healthy ones.

It’s ok. Weekends always make us relaxed. When I was losing weight, I found out that it’s a lot easier for me to remain on the dieting track, if I just start experimenting in the kitchen. So, I made food not an issue, but an inspiration. Besides, I was also trying to go out with my family as much, as possible. As for lunches and social drinks… is there a possibility to choose something healthier for lunch. Even the Maccas have healthy food choices, if you avoid their heavy sauces. If you know, where a meeting is planned, search through this place online menu or give them a phone call and find out what healthy options they have. Then simply order it. If friends start asking about you dieting and stuff, and you don’t want to let them know, just say you had a hearty breakfast and don’t really feel like eating at all. If it’s not somebody’s business, then let it be so. As for drinks… I would suggest trying alcohol-free versions of cocktails. Mojito is the best option (for me personally). Just some suggestions… I hate feeling that you feel like life is passing by, when in fact you are making huge changes for a better and healthier life that should make you happy and proud of yourself. Chin up and have a great day!
    PS. try to talk your friends into active pastime, like a paintball game or something... =) may be you have offers available for some swimming pool fun. time to get more adventurous!