Duromine 40 Starting today!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jennyshami, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Jennyshami

Jennyshami New Member
    Registered

Hey guys,

Today was my first day on Duromine and I am so excited! Ill explain a lil about me. Im almost 26 and I have 2 little boys (6 & 4), the most amazing motivation in the world. I got married very young and was not in the right relationship for me so we got divorced 3 years ago. In that time I went through terrible depression and one day noticed how i looked in the mirror. I did not recognize myself.. So i made the decision to shape up.. I was 93ks then, and with alot of exercise, and boy do I mean ALOT, I lost 11 kgs over about 1 year period. At that time I met an amazing person who is the right person for me and continued to lose some more weight over the next 2 years being together, 8kgs. Now im 74kgs and im 1.64m and Ive been this weight for about 6-8 months so I decided to go and see my doc. We chatted and decided to go onto Duromine 40 for 1 month to see if that kick starts the weight loss again. So here i am:

First day on Duromine:

Woke up this morning at about 7 (usual time), took the pill, and OMG!!!! I havent felt the whole energy thing just yet but I felt abit shaky and dizzy but nothing too crazy. I forgot to mention that ive been on Reductil for about 3 months and nothing. I guess im feeling the insomnia because im sitting here and its 1.25am.
    Ive had a headache since 4pm. Not hungry at all but had 2 eggs at lunch time and had 1 medium piece of grilled chicken for dinner.
    I CAN NOT STOP DRINKING!!!! Its been my most noticeable symptom so far... Ive literally drank 3 X 1.5 liter bottles of water + about a 1.25 Ltrs of pepsi light caffeine free... THATS ALOT OF LIQUID!!! lol Feels good though.

Ok so lets see where we are:
    CW 73.5 kgs (weighed myself this morning)
    GW 60 - 62 Kgs
    First GW 69 Kgs

So there is it... Ill let you all know how im going next week.

Night

2. Jennyshami

Jennyshami New Member
    Registered

Hey everyone,

A little update on my first five days..

DAY 1 - 5
    SW: 73.5 Kgs
    CW: 72.1 Kgs

Pretty amazing.. To be honest I weighed myself everyday, i really didnt want to, i wanted to only weigh myself on Fridays but i couldnt help it. I was so shocked, 1.4 Kgs in 3 days and its stayed the same since the last 2 days. But I asked my husband to take my measurements the day before I took my first pill and on the third day I checked my waist and "buns" only, out of curiosity and my waist went down by 1.5cms and 4 cms in "buns"!!!! How awesome is THAT!!!! So excited! I dont know why the actual kilos arent going down but thats ok, ill be patient and see how i go.

The first 4 days i was incredibly thirsty and not hungry AT ALL!! literally I only wanted to eat a banana all day. Nothing else. Today was different though, I wasnt really hungry all day and had a banana in the morning and one mid-morning, I was so stuffed until 5PM where i started feeling sick. I felt like i was going to faint and throw up and I couldnt understand why. My husband forced me to eat something and I felt so much better afterwards. So tip to self: EAT SOMETHING!!!

I would really like to know if anyone is in the same position as me with the whole weight situation. I thought the first week was the one you lose the most weight. Is it going to stay at 1.4kgs and just lose cms? I have been doing alot of squats and sit ups so maybe im gaining muscle somewhere?! I just dont know. Either way ill weight myself tomorrow and see how I go. Maybe im not eating enough, I just cant bring myself to eat when im not hungry, and I have no idea what to eat. Can i eat anything as long as I stay under my recommended daily calorie intake? When does it move from "eating enough and losing weight" to "body going into starvation mode"?

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated!!

Ill probably put a post on friday with the weekly end weigh in and measurements.

Happy Weight Loss Everyone!!!

3. Jennyshami

Jennyshami New Member
    Registered

Week 1 stats:

Sw: 73.5kgs
    Cw: 71.5kgs
    loss to date: 2kgs

Very happy about my progress so far.. feel great and my clothes feel looser..
    here are my measurement losses:
    Arms -1.5cms
    Chest -4.5cms
    butt -5.5cms
    Upper thighs -2.5cms
    calves-1cms

Overall pretty satisfied with that this week... can't wait for another week... until then happy weight loss peeps! _

4. aturn121

aturn121 New Member
    Registered

try not to weigh in every day , u need to do it once a week. I use to weigh twice a week and would be depressed in the middle of the week I had hardly loss any weigh, then surprised on Saturday that I have loss a good amount. so now it's once a week. Yes. u need to eat or the weigh is not going to come off. when u eat 6 small meals it keeps ur metabolic rate up, and if u don't it slows down. let alone feel sick and dizzy. I'm on the 40g and have loss 13.5kgs in 10 weeks. I'm weighing today as I did not make it to the gym yesterday. I'm sure the weight will full off as u d go along enjoy but eat!! :)