Duromine 30mg started 5 days ago

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Tegan, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Tegan

Tegan New Member
    Registered

Hello everyone,

I started Duromine 30mg Friday the 19th of April 2013 and have found the results very satisfying, I have had minimal side effects mainly just head aches. I went on the drug at the request of my doctor as I am in a very unhealthy weight range. My bmi is 35.4 which is not good. He told me I was at risk for heart disease and diabetes. I need to loose appropriately 35kg :-( so far I love duromine, I am so happy after years of trying to get a hold of my weight I am seeing results. Here is some info on me.

Hight: 180cm
    Starting weight: 109.5 kg
    Current Weight: 107.4 kg
    Goal weight: 75 kg

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello, Tegan! Welcome to our friendly forum:)
    I'm sorry, but when did you start Duromine? LOL
    Hm... my calendar shows me the 10 of April 2013 ))))
    But I'm happy you feel good so far and I am sure you can do it and you will manage to lose as much weight as you need / want!! Just be patient and follow recommendations of your doctor. And we will try to support you as much as we can, 'cause this is what we are here for!

3. Tegan

Tegan New Member
    Registered

haha Sorry Kate,

I started on the 5th of April 2013

4. Tegan

Tegan New Member
    Registered

Update:

Ok so almost at the end of week 1 and i have lost 2kg WOOHOOO!

Some of the side effects i have experienced on the pills for the first 2 days were the usually, no hunger, headaches, racing heart lots of energy but after those 2 days I felt normal, I did have some hunger pains but nothing serious and easily fixed with a healthy snack. I have been off work on Annual Leave for the past 5 days and doing a whole lot of nothing at home (much needed break) so I think that has contributed to my lack of side effects.

I am back at work today and have been moving around and been very busy and the side effects from the first 2 days are back, So i am thinking it is a lot like any drug or alcohol, if you sit and don’t get the blood pumping the effects are dulled but as soon as you start moving and being an active person the drug gets through your system and does what it is supposed to do. I am very glad I have come to this conclusion as I was worried the drug was no longer working.

More updates to come. :eek:

5. Nattynat

Nattynat Member
    Registered

Congratulations Tegan thats awesome:) :)
    stay positive & watch your weight go go go.
    wohoooooooo the pill hasnt affected your sleeping your lucky.. I hardly slept taking the pills lol I'm catching up on sleep nowwww hahaha not on duromine atm but feeling good

6. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Great dear! I'm so happy for you! :eek:

7. Tegan

Tegan New Member
    Registered

Haha Yeah i slept fine which i am very happy about, i only had one day there where i was up at 3:30am

8. Tegan

Tegan New Member
    Registered

Thank you kate :)

9. Tegan

Tegan New Member
    Registered

Hello Guys,

So this is a fun new side effect i am getting......Sadness. The past 2 days i have been pretty down, not about my weight or anything just down. all i have to do is speak to my partner and BAM! angry. Does anyone have any tips on how to beat this side effect. Its the only one im having i cant deal with. I love my partner but nothig he does right now makes me happy. We have an amazing relationship but there are things (like in all relationships) that i wish he would do, they have never really bothered me before but the past 2 days i just ant to yell at him for it. :(

10. Tegan

Tegan New Member
    Registered

End of week one (2 days ago) and i have gained 1kg, So over all i have lost 2kg in the first week. I am still getting very hungry and tired, I eat small meals throughout the day (was naughty on the weekend and ate some fatty food) and drink a ton of water and have cut out all soft drink and other bad drinks apart form 1 coffee in the late morning. I have cut out the sugar i used to have in it tho :( I am thinking of finishing this month and speaking with my doctor about going on the 40mg pills.

Start weight: 109.5kg
    Current Weight: 107.5kg (I was 106.8 a few days ago but gained that back)
    Goal Weight: 75kg

11. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

I think that's a good result! You're doing great!

12. Tegan

Tegan New Member
    Registered

Hi Guys,

Little past week 3, i have lost 3.5kg. I am happy with the result but i could be happier. I am going to speak to my doctor about getting the higher dose of the pill when this month is up because i still have some pretty serious hunger pains. I have no side effects anymore apart from a very dry mouth, i am always thirsty. I am drinking around 2l a day of water to keep hydrated.

Start Weight: 109.5
    Current weight: 106.0
    Goal Weight: 75kg (only 31 kg to go)