Duromine 30mg - start of a journey

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by cragglerock70, Oct 11, 2017.

1. cragglerock70

cragglerock70 New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    133.5kg
    Current Weight:
    133.5kg
    Height:
    180cm
    Goal Weight:
    110-120kg
    G'day everyone - yes, even you hiding up the back!

Started my Duromine journey on Monday (2 days ago), after a couple of weeks of hesitation and research.

My weight has been fairly constant these past number of years, and being the wrong side of 45, it certainly is difficult to shake those kilos! And especially when married and the lovely wife makes such great food!

So, anyway, got sick & tired of being sick & tired. Tired of being covered in sweat when walking from bus stop to work. Tired of being exhausted. Of feeling bloated. Tired of being embarrassed of my photos, and avoiding mirrors!

So, changed my diet and worked hard to lose some weight. After 3 weeks - nothing.

Went to my doc, she took pity on me and prescribed Duromine 30mg for a month, and then head back fo her to see where I'm at.

Got to admit, the reported side effects put me off. But in the end I wanted a better rear end, and stomach!

Will be interesting - I do love my snacks, especially when the TV is on, or off! And my pizza. Lord give me strength!!

I've been keeping a daily diary, which I'll post here for those who are interested - been really helpful reading the posts of those going thru it or been thru it. We're all different, but our aim is the same - a little less of us to look at in the mirror!

Here's to a thinner me!

2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hello there, Cragglerock! Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you’re ready to turn your situation upside down and are ready and willing to do all it takes to succeed! That’s the spirit! Looking forward to your updates and, of course, some information about your weight loss routine, which can be very useful for newcomers and those, who are currently going through the same experience as you are going through. Best of luck to you!

3. cragglerock70

cragglerock70 New Member
    Registered

Thanks. Is it best to post updates here or in another part of the forum?

4. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

You can post in any part of the forum that you like. =) If you continue in this section, it’s fine, no problem at all. How long are you on Duromine already? What side effects did you have? If you wish, you can vote in this poll. We try to keep the record of most frequent side effects. Would appreciate your contribution.

Did the appetite suppression kick in?

cragglerock70 likes this.
  5. cragglerock70

cragglerock70 New Member
    Registered

Thanks. I started 4 days ago, no real side effects so far. Here's day 1's diary...

Duromine - Day 1 : 9-Oct-17

Weight: 133.5kg
    Took pill: 6.20am

Breakfast: 3 Weet-bix 6.20am
    A cup of tea at 8.15am

Water throughout day - about 3-4l

Lunch: bowl of salad 12.30pm

Dinner: 4 kransky sausages 7.30pm
    Banana

No side effects

In bed 10.15pm - slept till 5am (slept 5 hrs 50 mins according to Fitbit)

6. cragglerock70

cragglerock70 New Member
    Registered

Duromine - Day 2: 10-Oct-17

Up at 5am
    Took Duromine 5.20am

Breakfast: 3 Weetbix 5.20am

Banana 9am

Lunch: bowl of salad 12.45pm

Exercise bike 10 mins 6pm

Dinner: chicken breast steaks w/mango, ginger & kaffir lime; sweet potato mash 8.30pm
    Glass of sarsparilla

Waist: 137cm

No side effects

Slept 6 hrs

7. cragglerock70

cragglerock70 New Member
    Registered

Duromine - Day 3: 11-Oct-17

Up at 5.50am
    Took Duromine 6.20am

Breakfast: 3 Weetbix 6.20am

Water during day - 3-4 litres

Banana 10.15am

Lunch: bowl of salad 12pm

Exercise bike: 10 mins 6.30pm

Dinner: tortellini w/bolognaise
    (7.40pm)
    800ml bottle of water

Bed 10pm, slept 7 hours

No side effects
    Appetite normal

8. cragglerock70

cragglerock70 New Member
    Registered

On day 4 now - will post full day's diary tomorrow, but noticed today my appetite changed - didn't want to eat as much at lunch.

Not sure if headache or getting a cold - tightness in the forehead all day. Noticed I get a little short-tempered - normally a quiet, placid guy, get irritated faster - but nothing too major.

One embarrassing side effect, which I've read elsewhere does happen - embarrassing for a guy: some shrinkage down there. Was worst on day 1, gets better each day. Which is good

9. Librarian

Librarian Member
    Registered

I haven't heard of that side effect before! Probably not the bit you want to shrink...

10. Meangirl

Meangirl New Member
    Registered

weird side effect!! - with my headaches the things that usually helps is: 1. i chew gum - i know that it sounds weird but try it. 2. i increase my liquid intake with green tea 3. i workout more which really really helps

cragglerock70 and April like this.
  11. cragglerock70

cragglerock70 New Member
    Registered

Yeah, I did the same. Noticed drinking water helped, or a cup of tea. Will have to try the gum thing

12. Meangirl

Meangirl New Member
    Registered

i noticed you didn't mention the increase in exercise part.. LOL
    trust me.... increase your cardio and it will do wonders

cragglerock70 likes this.
  13. cragglerock70

cragglerock70 New Member
    Registered

Oh, yeah - the exercise. That's normally a rude word in my household.

But been walking more, and have done 10 minutes on exercise bike 3 days in a row. Some people might think "10 minutes?! Pfft!" but I'm happy with that. Better than 0 minutes.

14. Meangirl

Meangirl New Member
    Registered

true... maybe you just have to find something you like... if you want to maximize that 10 mins on the bike, try 30 secs as fast as you can ride then 30 sec rest and repeat. That burst of adrenaline will make your workout more effect even in just 10 mins....

walks are great too... even if its just a stroll around your neighborhood.

let me know how things are going..

cragglerock70 and April like this.
  15. cragglerock70

cragglerock70 New Member
    Registered

Duromine - Day 4: 12-Oct-17

Up at 5.40am
    Duromine 6.20am

Breakfast: 3 Weetbix 6.20am

Banana 8.30am

Water during day - 3-4 litres

Lunch (out): 12.30pm
    - slice of pizza
    - apple juice

Exercise bike: 10 mins 6.25pm

Dinner: 8.45pm
    - buffalo tenders (chicken)
    - BBQ grilled vegies (Aldi)

In bed 10.30pm, slept 7 hours

Side effects
    - starting to get dry mouth
    - headache (tight forehead) - all day, but better by bedtime

I'm not wanting to do a crash diet, I want to learn things I can put into practice for beyond Duromine. Back in 2000 I went thru a traumatic personal time and my weight fell from 130 kg to 90 kg, but I never learned good habits, and so it ended up going back up to 120-130kg up till now.

I might eat a slice of pizza, or some carbs - its more about learning to eating in moderation, for me, and stopping the mancave snack pigouts when watching TV at nite.

I also need to buy a decent set of scales, instead of the cheap Target one I have! Weight changes on that just by stepping on and stepping off and on again! Going off measurement of my gut for now, and it looks like I'm starting to lose some of it. I'll know for sure when my pants want to fall off and I need a new belt!

Meangirl likes this.
  16. cragglerock70

cragglerock70 New Member
    Registered

The big test will be tonite (Friday) and the weekend. Tonite is mancave nite - just me & my TV shows. Its easy to stick to a food plan at work - so busy. But the weekend is a test - will be interesting to see how I go!

Meangirl and Librarian like this.
  17. cragglerock70

cragglerock70 New Member
    Registered

Rather than bore everyone with daily stuff, will report back in a few days, once I get to the magic 1 week mark.

Am definitely noticing my appetite decreasing - don't have the desire for food and when I eat, eating smaller portions. Which is good.

18. Meangirl

Meangirl New Member
    Registered

heloo... how was your weekend?... i know thats usually the hardest part to this

19. cragglerock70

cragglerock70 New Member
    Registered

Week 1 update:

Starting weight: 133.5 kg
    End of week 1: 130.0 kg

Weight loss: 3.5kg

Good result. Wanted to get below 130, as 1st goal, and very close.

Weekend went well - wasn't tempted to pig out. Duromine kept appetite in check. Threw out a lot of the junk food, kept a little. Spent most of weekend tidying house - spring clean.

20. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

HIGH FIVE! So well done! Managed to fight your habits of throwing in senseless amounts of food! Really good! And the weight loss – congratulations!!! Keep it up! Make your house sparkling and then switch to more serious physical loads. =)

As for the time when you watch TV and are used to chew something, my suggestion is to keep your hands busy – start knitting (you don’t have to tell anyone about it). This will allow you to keep watching your TV and not letting your hands reach out for food. OR you can exercise while lying on the couch and watching TV. There are plenty of exercise routines on youtube to do while lying.

All in all, BRAVO! Keep up the great work!

Meangirl and cragglerock70 like this.
  • Like us on Facebook