Duromine 15mg

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Julie28, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Julie28

Julie28 New Member
    Registered

Hi there! I have just started my duromine journey and am currently on day 5. From day 1 I think what I found most amazing was not only the increased energy levels but the reduction of sadness! I hadn't realised how down I felt about my weight and from the very first moment it was lije the fog had lifted and I was back in the game! I've always said that managing your weight is about managing your hunger and with this drug its like suddenly the hunger is not an issue so you can focus on eating healthy foods.
    I decided that since I'm not hungry I may as well eat healthy foods and so far I'm enjoying it. No real side effects of note, I've had a few headaches but panadol fixes them easily.
    Questions questions questions :
    Ok so my dr said get to 10 days and if you feel its not working go up to 30mg (by taking a double dose)
    I have read a few of these forums and it seems when people do that they get worse side effects. I'm really paranoid about the side effects and the fact that the drug minics amphetamines, I am usually the person against drug use and it doesn't sit well with me.
    I have also read a few of these where people find they get to the 2 week mark and it stops being effective, and to counter that they stop for a day or two and start up again. I wondered if that might be a better approach than double dose?
    Other questions about diet:
    So I'm really not hungry till about 3pm and so just having healthy foods, mainly snacking on veggies and sone nuts and a little fruit. I have read that a really low cal diet might cause the weight loss to stall. I'm not counting calories it never works for me, but I know that there's not a lot of calories in a half a head of broccoli for lunch, a few sticks of celery and a handful of almonds! So I'm concerned I'm not actually getting enough food. I have a bigger meal for dinner but its still smaller than the rest of the family's.
    What has worked for others?
    Questions about interactions:
    I have previously done the hcg diet drops (which are not hcg) and although i lost weight I was really hungry and lethargic all the time. The drops are supposed to work by 'resetting' your hypothalamus. I wondered if combined with duromine they would stop you from putting the weight back on after?
    The last question I had was, is there some sort of withdrawal period when you stop the drug?
    Thanks guys!

2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hello Julie, and welcome to the Forum! It is great that your mood improved! Many people report of the opposite effect, so I guess you are among the lucky ones. =)

Now to the questions.

Yes, taking a break and restarting Duromine can help kick start its effects again. SO if you feel that it’s not working, better try this option before taking the double dose of Duromine. (btw, those who tried taking two 15 mg pills said that it is not the same as taking 30 mg – by the effects provided).

If you’re not a fan of counting calories, but do have a slight idea of how many your dinner “weights”, you can have the classic oatmeal porridge + fruits for breakfast – make your lunch of a dish that is be half vegetables + ¼ protein + ¼ slow carbs – have your dinner – snack on the healthy options you described (or proteins, and limit fruits in the second part of the day). Monitor the portions and make sure that you do deliver all the necessary substances into your body.

About the HCG drops and Duromine – no idea! I am sorry… from what you say about ‘resetting your hypothalamus’.. I know that Duromine affects the hunger center in the hypothalamus… will these two get into a fruitful collaboration or totally mess things up – I guess no one ever researched. I personally would not risk it. If they do help you control your weight, you can use them after Duromine course… I think.

Withdrawal period… different for every person. such possibility does exist. However, to avoid any withdrawal symptoms, Duromine should be discontinued gradually – by taking one pill ever other day during a week, then every third day for a week, and so on… As for the hunger return – some people report that it does come back the same that it was before, while others, who managed to change their eating habits and convince their body that it’s the way you are going to continue eating, say that everything’s fine, and even continue losing weight on their own. It’s a very individual thing, like everything with any drug out there…

Best of luck!

3. Julie28

Julie28 New Member
    Registered

Thanks April! Great response to all my questions

• Like us on Facebook