Duromine 15mg, slooooowww start

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Luwirika, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Luwirika

Luwirika New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Height:
    Lost:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi All,

I am a 33 year old mom of two boys and my weight has been a nightmare. Before my kids my weight has been between 64 and 71kgs but after the boys I picked up so much weight I don't know how to loose it. My doctor put me on Duromine 15mg as a start to see if I will loose any weight but after a month of using I have not lost much. My tummy is not so bloated and my intake of food is very little.

I drink a ridiculous amount of water and food doesn't excite me anymore, I eat small portions and make healthy options. I'm basically thirsty more then I'm hungry but I'm loosing the weight as my fellow Duromine users.

I don't exercise at the moment, so I'm not sure if that is the reason my weight drop is not as the others.

Please help with some advise..?

2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hello Luwirika and welcome to the forum! Looks like 15 mg did provide a sufficient appetite suppression effect. I am glad that it’s no longer that difficult for you to make healthy eating choices and stick to small portions. Drinking heaps of water – also well done! And yes, the exercises will have to sneak into your daily routine. If it’s difficult for you to immediately start with strength exercises, I would advise you start with brisk walking (every day, at least 30 minutes). And yes, 15 mg might be too low for you. Doesn’t sound like you had any serious side effects, other than the thirst and assumingly the dry mouth. When you go to your doctor for the next prescription, ask him to up your dosage and may be ask him for a good advice on your eating and exercising. If he doesn’t suggest anything, feel free to ask. You can do it, ok? Let’s do it together! Don’t get discouraged, please. It’s just the beginning