Duramine "Eve"

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Nats, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Nats

Nats New Member
    Registered

Hi

This is my story:

I’m 33 years old and have been very active and an avid netball player all my life, till numerous injuries to my ankle necessitated me to have ligament reconstruction surgery June last year. So absolutely no exercise for almost a year.:mad:I started going to gym again, playing netball and squash the beginning of Feb but I also had my last cigarette on the 31 of Jan this year with the help of Champix.

So you can imagine. Everything tastes fantastic. It’s like I have discovered a whole world of new flavours and everything, even oats tastes fantastic. They say: “Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels”:rolleyes: clearly this person has not quit smoking (I think it was Kate Moss). Since the 1st of February, I have gained 8kg’s not to mention that which I gained before and during my recovery after my operation.

So this morning I woke up feeling bloated, fat and frankly unattractive and when I had to opt for a sports bra cause everything else was to tight I decided enough is enough! I do not want to gain another gram.

I have always believed exercise and a balanced diet is the way to go and still do, but with all this additional weight that I have gained, I realised that I needed help.

I called and managed to get an appointment with my doctor.

She was amazing and very empathetic as I sat crying my eyes out. She prescribed me Duromine 15mg for my first month and 30mg for the second month. Not knowing much about it I then came home and “Googled”it. So here I am.

My Stats are as follows:

Height 1.80m
    My BMI according to the gym’s computer is 34%
    Current Weight: 94kg

My goal weight is 72kg, this means that I have 22kg to loose.

So today, the 27 of February 2013 I dub “Duromine Eve” as tomorrow I unwrap my weight loss present and my journey to a happier me begins.

This is the first time that I have posted on a forum and I would like to share all my experiences and weight loss achievements with you.

So wish me luck as I start!!
    22kg to go...going...gone:cool:

Nats

2. Nattynat

Nattynat Member
    Registered

Hi Nats,
    Your blog really touched me & I totally understand how you feel. I cried too when I saw my doctor last week. People don't seem to understand that weight can really impact a persons life in anything they do. I'm currently not working which has given me the best opportunity to focus on myself and get fit and healthy again. Two years ago I was slim, completed uni had an awesome job, went traveling & also was dating the guy of my dreams whom I thought I would marry. Well that plan didn't work.
    It was only 6 months ago when I got made redundant from work which made me verryy upset.
    I became an emotional eater and resorted to food to comfort me. I even broke up with my bf because I didn't want to socialize or even go out of the house. It's very sad what happens to a person when they don't work. Anyway I decided to use the opportunity of not working in a positive way. 'I joined the gym' and I loved it but still was not loosing weight:(
    I started duromine this week & so far I haven't had any bad side effects, & I'm sleeping like a baby lol fingers crossed it stays that way.
    Anyway Nats, I want to wish you all the best and let you know I'm keen to chat with you and share our good days & bad days using duromine.
    Ps, lets hope we have ALOT of good days hahaha

3. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Good day ladies!

Didn't want to barge into your conversation, but couldn't pass by your posts!

Nats, since you were a netball player you can get into shape quicker than anyone else, I believe.

A little of fighting spirit would be nice!

Nattynat, I was touched by your story...loosing your love is the worst! But what's done is done, everything happens for a reason,
    so now you have another goal - become slim again. I hope you guys will have great results soon. I really do. My experience took me almost two years so now I'm trying to keep it at the same level and not to gain any gram just like Nats said.

All righty then, you have a great weekend and no side effects!:eek:

Kate

4. Nattynat

Nattynat Member
    Registered

Hi kate,
    off course I would love your support. Im adding you as a friend NOW:)
    YES your RIGHT 'whats done is done' its time to move forward in my life & achieve my goals.
    have a great weekend

5. MissP85

MissP85 New Member
    Registered

It's so nice to hear everyone's stories. Sometimes you don't realize that there are other people going through exactly what you are.

I have never been thin so I wouldn't know how it feels, but I have been (and still are) overweight and it's impossible for anyone to love you if you can't love yourself. I am so embarrassed that I let myself get to this weight.

Today is my 5th day on duromine and I'm looking forward to the time where I can come back to this blog and see how happy everyone is for getting to their goal.

Good luck girls

6. Nattynat

Nattynat Member
    Registered

Hi Miss P85,
    Its day 6 for me, we're only one day apart lol.
    Firstly, don't be embarrassed about your weight, because it takes a lot of courage to identify and admit to yourself your weight is an issue thats impacting your life. Only you can change it. Thats what made me join the gym 'accepting that I need to change my weight'.
    Secondly, I totally understand how you feel about the famous saying 'you need to love yourself before you can love someone else' I too don't see myself dating for a while, but thats because I want to focus on myself and achieve my goals. Trust me I have a lot of goals to achieve this year, but i'm taking baby steps to climb the ladder of achieving my goals.
    good luck with your journey, stay strong & feel free to chat with me and share our experiences with Mr D (I nicknamed Duromine Mr D) because it sounds more positive & fun haha

7. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello MissP85!
    Yes, it's always a pleasure when someone reaches his/her goal, especially on weight loss, because it's hard.
    Welcome here and visit us daily, who knows maybe it will become your mood enhancer and motivator? Please share us your thoughts too!

Good luck you too pretty lady!

8. BrideToBe

BrideToBe New Member
    Registered

Congratulations Nats! Good on you for taking that first step. We are all here to support you and I wish you the very best of luck! Looking forward to sharing our journeys together! xxx

9. Nattynat

Nattynat Member
    Registered

Hey Nat,
    Where are you? Hows your weight loss journey going?
    I hope all is well :) looking forward to hearing how you're going.

10. Nattynat

Nattynat Member
    Registered

Hi Miss p85,
    Where are you? Hows your weight loss journey going? We both started duromine one day apart lol. It would be great to hear how you went:)
    i'm looking forward to hearing from you xo