Does the weight go straight back on?

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by RoseRusso, Apr 18, 2014.

1. RoseRusso

RoseRusso New Member
    Registered

Hi,

I started taking Duromine 30mg tablets 4 days ago, and have already lost 2.5 kilos doing nothing!! I have a young baby and a 3yr old, my hubby works away, so getting out for a walk can be hard work.
    I'm just worried with how fast it's coming off, it will go back on?

As it gets cooler (it's still 28/29 during the day here), I will walk when hubby is home..and maybe get a treadmill...

Any advice/experience would be awesome!!
    What did you lose, and how long did it take?

JennyGordonii likes this.
  2. Scribbles

Scribbles Active Member
    Registered

I believe that the only way the weight would come back on is if we go back to the same habits we had before we lost weight. A new HEALTHY lifestyle created while on Duromine and continuing with it means the weight will stay off. We don't get fat again unless we start overeating again and not doing any exercise. That's how I look at it.

3. Rita cachia

Rita cachia New Member
    Registered

I was on duromine for two weeks lost 2.5 kg and got really sick at the end of two weeks with no energy and loss of iron. Stopped duromine and slowly got better. Put back 1.5 kg within the week and the urge i got while on duromine to walk on the treadmill just dissappeared. My eating hbits are not bad . So to answer yor question yes it comes back on. I was told that if the police stop you for a random drug test you could get busted and i got scared about that too. I need my licence for my work. No use being skinny and jobless with a drug record.

JennyGordonii likes this.
  4. misshell

misshell New Member
    Registered

Those first few kilos that you lose quickly is just water retention and will fluctuate back on if you stop your dieting. After about a week you will begin to lose the actual body fat. You can still lose weight not doing an exercise routine if your diet is strict and your meals a small and regulated. The weight will come off with the everyday things you do, such as house work, etc. Obviously it will be more effective to exercise.

Nearly everyones weight loss will eventually plateau. But keep up the good work as it will continue to drop off after a week or two. If not, change up your diet or exercise routine (if you have one). The body is clever and easily adapts to new diets/routines, therefore the metabolism becomes lazy again and will need a change up to jump start it again. Duromine is designed to trick the brain into feeling full and energized, making you very active and using alot of the bodies energy that is provided by food, drink and nutrients.

Without an appropriate dietary intake your body is gonna have all that activity, but no source of energy to back it up and that results in feelings of dizziness, spaced out and being light headed (doesnt feel great!). As for putting the weight back on after finishing the duromine treatment, this wont happen if the fat and junk isnt getting put back into the body. And whatever unhealthy foods that do will need to be exercised off. I do believe that it is easier to put the weight back on for duromine users as the metabolism is effected and slowed by the drastic change of food intake.

Be vigilant and strict with sticking to good healthy foods in a balanced diet and you will not put the weight back on. Fat wont just create itself in your body when you stop taking the tablet. As for my story, my starting weight was 97.7kg, was put on 30mg. Currently on day 72 and weight is now 81.0. First 2 months I was VERY strict with my diet and was very active. Have since relaxed a bit with my diet but remain very active. I'm also only eating 1 or 2 small meals/snacks a day (not intentionally). Truly cannot eat sometimes or I am so busy that the day goes without me remembering to eat or I simply don't have the time to.

My body is paying for it though as I am now under nourished and anemic, often feeling drained and light headed. Most days i do well over the recommended 40, 000 steps and by the end of the day now im starting to feel very drained and going from sitting to standing feels like iv just blown up ten ballons in a row. Will need iron supplements now. Im still happy with the outcome though as I've gone from size 18-20 to size 16. Cant say iv had any terrible side effects. I only get cranky from lack of sleep some nights and slightly irritable if im really worn out but it hasnt thrown my brains chemical balance off.

To be honest, I think it has actually leveled me out a bit!. Well, enjoy an organised and clean house as you'll probably find yourself wanting to sort through things and constantly tidy up while your on these tablets :).
    Live and be well.

#4 misshell, May 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2014
  5. Lanny Edey

Lanny Edey Member
    Registered

Duromine gives you 3 months to change you habits and assists weightloss. If you continue to eat the way you did, before Duromine then unfortunately expect to gain back your weight plus more. If you are not eating regulary 4-5 meals per day (small meals/grazing) then you are not fueling your body which starves your body which means your metabolism is not going to be efficient and sluggish, plus any fat you do eat the body will hang onto it because you've put into starvation mode, thats the biggest mistake most people do. Duromine will not make you hungry (in most cases) so it is important to make yourself eat.

Definately find time to exercise, it boosts your metabolism and burns calories (the old saying calories in V's calories out). Remember, we are human, we can easily convince ourselves not to exercise and just as easliy justify why we don't, then all of a sudden, BOOM! we are back at the same Pity Party asking what went wrong. Ask yourself, do you really need your husband to help you walk with you during the day? For me personally I had awesome excuses for not training, I could convince myself why not to train but cried poor everytime I put on weight. Only you can have that Brain Snap and say "enough is enough."

Good luck with this stage/phase of your journey, and if you get to your goal weight within the course of using Duromine then I wish you all the best with maintaining it. Rock on, stay fab :)

#5 Lanny Edey, May 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
    JennyGordonii and Kate like this.