Do smaller people lose less weight on duromine

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by CUTIE_PETUTIE, May 15, 2018.

1. CUTIE_PETUTIE

CUTIE_PETUTIE Member
    Registered

Hi ladies. I'm not really over weight. Taking duromine because I just don't have the energy to exercise lately. I've only lost like 2kgs In my first week. I do 2.4km walk daily and today started back at the gym..... Should it be so little. I weigh 64.5 right now. And I am 161cm....

2. Plucky

Plucky Member
    Registered

You dont have a great deal of weight to lose so you shouldn't expect to see big numbers. While you will always lose some muscle as well as fat while in a calorie deficit, if your losing big numbers at your weight then a bigger proportion of the loss will be muscle rather than fat. This is because we can only convert so much energy from a fat cell at a time, so if you have less fat to lose then once the body gotten as much energy from the fat as it can it will get energy from muscles. 2kg as a % of your starting weight of 66.5kg is 3%.

ie if you burn 2000 calories a day and you are 25% BF and weigh 65kg then your body can only get about 400 calories from fat cells (from memory it about 24 calories per kg of fat). So if you are only eating 1000 calories, your body can get 400 calories from your fat supplies so for the additional 600 calories it needs it will take it from muscle. In this scenario the body is losing muscle faster than its losing fat so actually body fat % is going to go up rather than down.

I hope that makes sense

April and Rava like this.
  3. CUTIE_PETUTIE

CUTIE_PETUTIE Member
    Registered

Make sense thanks Plucky

4. Stargazer

Stargazer Member
    Registered

Wait, you’re taking Duromine, not to lose weight, but because you simply have “less energy” lately... but also you’re also wondering why you haven’t lost more weight?

There are so many things wrong with this post I don’t know where to start.

If you’re not trying to lose weight then why do you care about how little you’re losing?

Taking Duromine, with all its side effects and potential serious life threatening complications and drug interactions just to get “a bit more energy”, is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve heard and whoever prescribed it for you should know better.

Duromine itself does not cause weight loss, it causes side effects like appetite suppressant and increased energy that result in less calories/energy in and more calories/energy out that causes weight loss. That’s why when people take Duromine to lose weight they also change their diet and exercise routine.

If you’re not actively changing how many calories you’re consuming or expending but probably eating a little less than usual and moving a little bit more than usual as a result of the side effects of taking Duromine then of course you’re not going to lose 10kg in a week.

If you are 161cm tall and weigh 65kg (rounding up), are female, and are 25 (guessing, doesn’t change much anyway) then your basal metabolic rate (the energy you burn every day doing absolutely nothing but living and breathing) is approximately 1400 calories per day. To weigh the same you need to consume that amount per day (or net total).

Most overweight people who are losing weight reduce their calorie intake to 1200 calories per day and for them at their weight that makes a deficit of about a thousand calories per day so that they can lose 1kg in one week.
    For you, 1200 calories makes a deficit of about 200 calories per day and would therefore take you about 35 days to lose 1kg!

Reducing your calorie intake below 800 calories would yield greater results but would be extremely unwise- you’d likely be very hungry and not getting enough nutrients so you’d end up with dry skin, thin hair that falls out, brittle nails, bad complexion, muscle wasting etc.

But you’re not trying to lose weight are you? So who cares?!?

The real question here is why you have a prescription for Duromine due to “low energy”! There are so many causes for that and so many things you could do to increase your energy that have a much lower risk of having a bloody stroke that you could try! So many! In fact if you told me everything about you I could probably pinpoint it for you and give you at least five suggestions that would not have as high a likelihood of you having a stroke than you do on Duromine right now with way less other side effects!!!

babbles, lembu07, Rava and 3 others like this.
  5. Lottie86

Lottie86 Member
    Registered

Just a question

We’re you prescribed Duromine by your doctor?
    It’s just abit odd that you’re given it for energy. Normally you’d be tested for low iron or something to see why you have such low energy. I could be wrong though I’m just going by what my doctor has told me.

April likes this.
  6. CUTIE_PETUTIE

CUTIE_PETUTIE Member
    Registered

Wow you really went off on a tangent hey lol. Let me rephrase as I said I am not really overweight so yes training would be OK for me if I had the the energy I am not taking duromine for energy. But taking the duromine has made training alot easier... I never said I don't want to lose weight.
    next point. I have dropped on calories and walk 2.4km a day. So I am going to take responsibility for not giving you enough information. Now Plucky on the other made the world of sense in a very short response without really being offensive...... #justsaying

7. CUTIE_PETUTIE

CUTIE_PETUTIE Member
    Registered

Nope, you assumed that I was given duromine for energy I didn't say so.

8. Plucky

Plucky Member
    Registered

@CUTIE_PETUTIE if you go back and read your original post you did say your were taking Duromine “because I just don’t have the energy to exercise lately”.

I too wondered why it would be prescribed to you being in the normal bmi range but then you are at the upper end and if your finely built then you could prob lose up to 10kg and look and feel better for it.I left my personal opinion out of it and tried to answer the actual question you asked.

2kgs for you is proportionally more and will make a much bigger difference in your appearance than a 2kg loss on me for instance. In trying to help you manage your expectations for weight loss I hope I also got my point across that large calorie deficits can actually have a negative impact on your body composition even though you are losing weight.

9. CUTIE_PETUTIE

CUTIE_PETUTIE Member
    Registered

That is w
    That is why I said I probably didn't explain properly I really do appreciate your Imput it was extremely sensible and I have adjusted my calorie intake accordingly. To explain the energy comment. I have a very stressful lifestyle and constantly being tired made going to train almost impossible. However this week on duromine has allowed me to train 7 days straight. I have absolutely no side effects. You explaining the calorie situation has given me more insight hence me increasing my total calories. So as much as I might not have worded my question correctly you still answered in a way that I could understand. I appreciate that. That why I'm here to understans better and. It really do any harm to my body.

10. Stargazer

Stargazer Member
    Registered

Yeah, props to those other members who were sweet about it. Still seems completely ridiculous to me but you’re free to do whatever you want with your body. Good luck with that. Bai.

11. CUTIE_PETUTIE

CUTIE_PETUTIE Member
    Registered

OK
    OK Then.... Not really sure where the saltiness is coming from and by the sound of things you're the one that needs some luck.....

12. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Guys, as much as I am not pro-Duromine for people, who don't have excess weight, you should not get offensive, none of you. And please don't forget that none of us hears the tone of the message, we just imagine how people say it, and it doesn't mean that everything's the same in reality. I wish you both a lovely day, and please, if there is a misunderstanding between you two, just stop talking to each other, be wise, please. Success to all!

adrdia likes this.