Difference between 15,30,40mg?

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Beeba, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Beeba

Beeba New Member
    Registered

Hi all
    Ive been reading about the different dosages of duromine. Dr prescribed me 30mg which i was hoping if successful to use duromine for 3 months. But just wondering is it better to start with 15mg then progress to 30 then 40? Does weight or age factors depend on effectiveness? And if she gives me 30mg again for the next month will it still be effective?

Female 24
    CW 118
    Height:165
    GW 70

2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Beeba, the recommended starting dose for Duromine, judging from the medication info, is 30 mg. Then, the dose can be either lowered to 15 mg (if too strong), or upped to 40 mg (in insufficient response). However, many doctors prefer putting them patients on 15 mg first, to avoid side effects and check whether the minimum dose can help. That is because the drug is strong.

Duromine effects do tend to lower closer to the end of the course, yet not in every person. So it can be just as effective for you next month, as it is this month… or not. It is impossible to predict something like that.

There are people who start with 40 mg and go on these all the way till the end, while others feel so bad that they switch to 15 mg and find these efficient enough. You’ll just have to try and see. Good luck