Desperate for this to work!!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by motherof2, Feb 21, 2012.

1. motherof2

motherof2 New Member
    Registered

Hi Everyone,

Soooo happy to be able to join in with you all on this journey!!!
    Im 31 and from Auckland, New Zealand, not sure how everyone else found their visit to the dr in order to precribe Duromine. Mine was hard, my dr doesnt prescribe diet pills he told me and it took 2 visits to him in order to get it, he also made me have dietbetes tests, lipids test, cholesterol checks and bp tests, quite full on, but glad they take every precaution. in NZ it costs $85 for a months supply of Duromine 30, and we cant get Duromine 40.

Anyway i have read so many posts on this forum and thats what has brought me here and about to start my course of it tomorrow morning.

i am 167cms and weigh 106kgs, i have been overweight for most of my adult life, having 2 pregnancies didnt help matters, i had pre eclampsia with the first and gestational diabetes with the second, but they are now 4 and 2 years ld and i really want to lose this weight (35kgs to lose) and feel goodabout my appearance again!!

we are also takign our kids to Europe for 3 months in July and i want to look good and not have to ask for a extension belt on the plane (OMG the thought of it!!)

i have a personal trainer at the gym and i see her twice a week for weight resistance training and i also walk with friends who are training for a half marathon, i do 15km with them once a week and also walk casually with a friend ona couple of nights a week too. but really all the excercise has always just made me eat more as i tend to feel hungry after working out, so a hoping the duromine will curb my hunger so all the work i am doing actually works!!!

anyway i am so encouraged by all your journeys i hope mine is a good one too!

2. wannabe-sexymamma

wannabe-sexymamma New Member
    Registered

Welcome aboard, motherof2!!
    All the best with your weight loss journey. I am also from NZ, Hamilton. Started on Duromine a week ago. Going well. I feel a lot of it is also today with your mindset. I dont generally have to feel hungry to eat. So the Duromine helps keep my portions smaller otherwise I feel a bit sick afterwards, but I still have to remind myself that I am really not hungry so dont need to graze all day long. I think with the current exercise that you are doing you experience great results. Lots of water is another big key part in the process of weight loss. Im not a big drinker so I generally get as close as I can to 2L or a bit more. Weighed myself this morning and have lost 3.5kg in 7 days.
    Let us know how u get on :)

3. motherof2

motherof2 New Member
    Registered

Wow that is awesome weightloss!, im pretty determined to make this work so i think i should have good results too. I only have 2 months to do it as my dr wouldnt prescribe it for longer that that! Hope you have another awesome week :)

4. katrina

katrina New Member
    Registered

Welcome motherof2, I have also started taking Duromine yesterday, really looking forward to it.. I went to 4 different doctors and only the 4th one would prescribe Duromine to me.. Goodluck :)

5. wannabe-sexymamma

wannabe-sexymamma New Member
    Registered

Good luck to you both! Yes every doctor seems to have a different opinion regarding D, I know another family member that is taking Duromine and she has to visit her doctor once a month. I think the max total they can describe at a time is 90 tabs. (3 months) Im hoping that I wont need to continue using it after the 3 months. Let me know how u get on :)

6. motherof2

motherof2 New Member
    Registered

Hi Everyone

Well first day was ok on the Duromine 30, i had quite a dry mouth so drunk quite a bit and towards the evenign i had a bit of a headache and i went to bed about 11pm and woke up several times during night feeling wide awake and ready to get up, but hey if it helps me lose weight really well im all for it, weighed myself at the gym this morning and i was still the same weight, so wont weigh myself till end of first week on this now!

Totally has taken my hunger away already, yesterday all i ate was -
    breakfast - protein shake
    morning tea - carrot sticks
    lunch - protein shake and banana
    dinner - zuchinni quiche and salad

today its much the same and i dont feel starving!!!!!!
    today i went to the gym for 30 mins weight resistance training with my PT, and then with my skinny fit friends i did a 13.4km walk! (they are training for a half marathon) feel qite sore and tired now, but its all good for me!!

So cant wait to see the weight coming off!

7. LEE

LEE New Member
    Registered

Hi all,
    I am 30 years old from South Africa. I have to lose 23kg and started on Duromine today. So excited!!!! Very thirsty, already had 1 litre of water.
    Love the energy

8. pg2011

pg2011 New Member
    Registered

HI LEE

where in SA are you.. im from dbn.

also have 20 kg to lose.

good luck and pls keep me posted.

9. motherof2

motherof2 New Member
    Registered

LOL the scales at my gym are totally different to the ones at home, so since my trainer is going to weigh me there each week i will go off there ones, and theres say i am 1.4kgs heavier so 108.4.

Anyway Day 3 and all is well, didnt wake up during the night but did wake up at 5:30am, no worries with that, still have quite bad dry mouth, but not a bother.

Went food shopping today, couldnt believe the difference in price for the week when you cut out the crap food and start buying for smaller portion sizes. I have been real good with my kids lunches for preschool too, making them more healthy etc.

going for a 5km walk with a friend tonight so that will be nice.

hows everyone elses journey going?

10. pg2011

pg2011 New Member
    Registered

hi motherof2

well done on the exercise....

im finding it very difficult as i dont really enjoy excerising....so i decided to try zumba.....and i love it....

what are your meals like.

mine is as follows:

bfast - oats
    snack- apple
    lunch - stirfry with chicken fillet
    snack- fruit
    supper - greek salad and piece of meat/chicken/fish- sometimes add brown rice or wholegrain bread..

do you think its fine or should i make changes to this diet.

any help will be appreciated.

thank you

11. motherof2

motherof2 New Member
    Registered

Hi PG2011,

I really dont like exercising as well, thats why i try to do it with friends as they really motivate me!
    I have no idea about the diet aspect of this yet, i am only on day 3 so notsure what will happen with my weightloss by the end of the week?

cheers

12. motherof2

motherof2 New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone

Finished week one on Duromine! Loss of 3 kilos, bringing me down to 105.4kg, so pleased as it is so easy when you dont feel hungry!!!
    13.4km walk with my girlfriends today so am feeling very sore but its worth it!
    Hoping for another good loss next week!