Deralin with Duromine

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by jamit88, Jun 16, 2018.

1. jamit88

jamit88 New Member
    Registered

Hello everybody,

I've been given prescription for Duromine 40mg from my doctor, however I have some concern about some medication while I'm on Duromine. I'm currently on my 3rd day with Duromine and there is no weight loss but the question is if these medication affects Duromine of slowing it down? Deralin, Pristiq and Nexium are given to me from the same doctor from 2 years ago.

Current weight: 134 kg
    Weight goal: 85kg

Breakfast: Vaalia Low Fat Lemon Creme 150g
    Lunch: skipped
    Supper: planning to have a pink lady apple
    Dinner: not decided

I drink 3L water intake daily, exercise for 20 minutes by walking doing 2km's. Do I need to increase my walking? I can do 4km in the morning and another 4km in the late afternoon if this is recommended?

The medication I'm taking are;
    - Deralin 40mg (prevent migraine, anxiety and slow down heart beat)
    - Pristiq 50mg (anti-depressant)
    - Nexium 20mg (had trouble swallowing but nexium helped me)

Vitamins;
    - Executive B (for my stress)
    - Centrum for Men multivitamins
    - Red Krill Oil 1000mg (to control my blood cholesterol at normal levels, I had bit high cholesterol)

The question is, if anybody knows if Deralin is ok with Duromine or not? Deralin is beta-blocker, I've tried searching this forum and find nobody mentions Deralin so thought I'd ask here. If no body knows, then I should ask my doctor on my next visit when I need more prescription for Duromine.

#1 jamit88, Jun 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  2. Rava

Rava Active Member
    Registered

Hi @jamit88

I think the best thing to do would be to go back to your Dr and ask. Is he your normal GP? Maybe you can just ring and talk to him? If for whatever reason you cant, maybe head on down to the chemist and ask the pharmacist for some advice.

Personally I am on Nexium 40mg and I am having no interactions with taking Duromine 30mg and have been consistently losing weight.

Deralin (Propranolol hydrochloride) been prescribed for my daughter for migraines. This one I would be slightly concerned about, as the Duromine could counteract it by raising your blood pressure. I did a quick search on the internet also and didn't find any interactions, except for four people mentioning fluid retention.

Pristiq: (Desvenlafaxine) has been listed as it may increase the effects of phentermine, and side effects such as jitteriness, nervousness, anxiety, restlessness, and racing thoughts have been reported.

I could find nothing on the above three medications saying that it slows Duromine down, in fact just the opposite.

April likes this.
  3. jamit88

jamit88 New Member
    Registered

Went to the doctor today, and asked about it. He said Deralin is ok with Duromine and my blood pressure is on normal. Lost 6kg in 1 month, got another prescription today for another month :)

Looking forward to shed off 50kg

4. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Oh wow Jamit! Congratulations on the first wonderful loss!!! Bring on month 2

PS. you did a very wise thing to talk to your doctor about the drug interactions. Duromine is not a joke.