Day four on 40mg and confussed?!

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by ziggie, Nov 1, 2011.

1. ziggie

ziggie New Member
    Registered

Hello all!

Im glad i finally found a fourm, to talk to others about what i am going through... Im just going to say how my first 3 days were and how my day is going right now...

Day one -
    Took the tab around 8.50am.
    had a bit of the shakes, but i was very nervous as of what ive been reading and after about two hours, i began to feel very weightless, and sweaty & hot, later on in the day i got a dry mouth, i made sure i always had water on me, had a bit more enegry then normal but nothing over the top, also had a bit of a fast heart beating after i got home and sat down to watch some tv, didnt get to bed till about 1.30-2am that night.

Day two -
    Woke up around 8am, took it not long after.
    dry mouth, and dry lips and felt really hot, just kept drinking water and it was fine, had a little more enegry as well, didnt get to sleep till 12.30 that night, then had to be up at 4am to get somewhere the next day.

Day three -
    so i was awake from 4am till 8am didnt take my about 9.30 and had the normal dry mouth, nothing really else this day except a sore back but i wasnt sure if that was from helping my parnter put in the kitchen the day before, this night it was hard to get dinner down, aswell i had trouble sleeping last night and didnt get to bed around 2am.

Day four -
    Woke up at 5am, 7am and then finally woke up for real around 9am and took it then, no real sign affects today, i kinda feel empty, and i have really bad clogged up ears but i dont know if that is from my little cold last week and im still going on with day four....

I am so worried that it isnt working for me, as i have had no big sign affects, and nothing like i felt the first day, i know im not hungry, as i used to eat all the time and i havent touched chocolate in 4 days now, and thats an big improvement!
    im also on the pill, would this affect it? Im already on 40mg, and i feel fine like nothing, except no sleep..
    &
    i have been also researching duromine, and i saw somewhere there is two types, and worried i got the dud type.

my tabs are orange & gray and my packet is white with a orange man on it with some lines... i am just hoping i have the right ones?
    thank you!
    will be hoping to hear from you all :)

2. volcom

volcom New Member
    Registered

I have no advice for you. I am on the 40mg and I am feeling pretty much the same as you!!! I was also wondering to myself if me being on the pill would affect it lol.
    Mine are the same colour as yours.

3. SIZE16

SIZE16 New Member
    Registered

Yeah, I was flying high last week but in the past few days I am eating again and not so dry - a mouth. I am still exercising but not over energetic or anything...

4. volcom

volcom New Member
    Registered

Yeh, my mouth isn't so dry either now! My dr told me to keep using the 40's till they finish and see how I go... i mean its the most we can be on =/

5. volcom

volcom New Member
    Registered

This is something i read somewhere else. Not sure if I am allowed to post it but here goes
    fiona August 20, 2010 at 10:34 pm

iv been taking the contraceptive pill to regulate my period now its regulated but im still taking them is it okay to also be on duromine or should i stop taking the contraceptive pill ??

admin September 3, 2010 at 1:14 pm

@fiona, Duromine does not do well with some medications. You will need to confirm with your doctor on the contraceptive pill.

6. SIZE16

SIZE16 New Member
    Registered

While any medication that increases your metabolism would in theory lesson the effects of oral BCP there are no studies to back this up. As with most other drug interactions with OCPs it is unlikely that diet pills would decrease the effectiveness of birth control pills.

Any questions regarding your specific medications and possible drug interactions should be discussed with your prescribing doctor or pharmacist.

Read more: Affect of duromine on contraceptive pill

7. volcom

volcom New Member
    Registered

I have one tablet left of my active pill, after talking to my partner I've decided I will stop the contraceptive pill.
    I am on it due to low iron, and since being on it i have bled every day. So Ill go off it and let you know how I feel.