Day 8 and no weight loss- please help!

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by Taylor2893, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Taylor2893

Taylor2893 New Member
    Registered

My main problems with eating have been portion sizes, inconsistency and too much junk food cancelling out the healthy food. I did 3 weeks on Optifast and managed to lose 6kg (20kg to lose so 14kg to go) which I was SO excited about! Couldn't wait to get on Duromine as I heard from friends that have taken it how good it is and promised the weight will "just fall off" me. Doctor prescribed me 15mg. Didn't feel any side effects straight away or really any different. By the end of Day 2 my appetite was still the same, still no side effects and no increased energy so I started taking 2 at a time (checked with a pharmacist who said it was fine) so I'm technically having 30mg a day now. After that I completely lost my appetite and all junk food cravings which was great and did have to force myself to eat. The only side effect I've developed is dry mouth (I think I've had 4L of water today and I still feel dehydrated...). I've been tracking my calories on My Fitness Pal and am having about 1200 a day. A bagel with cheese for breakfast. Lean protein and veggies for lunch with sweet potato or pumpkin or rice. Lean protein and veggies for dinner. I've cut out alcohol and soft drinks, all the extra carbs I used to eat, all the sweets (like ice cream) and am cooking everything from scratch without lots of salt and oil. I don't ever exercise but I've been told I need to on Duromine so I've started walking for 30 mins a day. Anyway- I've lost NO weight. Not even 100g. It's so disheartening! I did take my measurements this morning and I've lost 5cm from around my stomach and 2cm from around my chest so I guess it is doing something? But I really want to lose another 15kg or so in the next 4 months and I know I can't do it without something giving me a bit of extra help. Has anybody else been in the same boat? Not lost anything until 2 weeks in? When do I decide to call it quits? It's not cheap so I don't want to buy another box, spend another $100+ for it to still not work :(
    Heard so many success stories and it's so upsetting that it's not happening for me!

#1 Taylor2893, Feb 16, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    April likes this.
  2. Plucky

Plucky Member
    Registered

If your eating 1200 calories consistently then it will come off, are you weighing your food to be sure your actually eating 1200 calories? I dont currently weigh my food but I have done in the past and know in the future its something I'll probably have to revisit as I get closer to goal. For now estimation is working for me as I have a larger margin for error being a higher weight.

Sometimes the introduction of exercise causes water retention but if your drinking lots of water and its been more than a few days it would normally have passed by now. Are you sore from the walking? Personally if I am still sore from exercise I am also holding water weight.

How are you sleeping? Could it be your monthly cycle? Bowel movement normal and regular? I'd give it a full month before I made a decision if it was working or not. I was fluctuating up and down 200-300g for over a week recently. Then I dropped a kg overnight and it kept dropping.

April likes this.
  3. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hello Taylor. I would recommend reading the following two articles, written by our forum users, who were doing lots of research along their weight loss journey, and shared the knowledge with everybody (1 and 2). It might help you review your nutrition to a certain extent.

I would also suggest you adding another type of exercises, not just walking, or increase the intensity of your walks. It might help with boosting the metabolism.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  • About Us

Duromineforum.com was created in 2009. Since then many people have found followers and new friends thanks to this forum. In addition, they all got a strong motivation and support. Starting from 2013, the forum achieves a new level - mini social network for people, who want to lose weight, blogs for losing weight people, weight loss before & after pictures, diet issues, etc.
  • Like us on Facebook