Day 4 on duromine 30mg and I'm worried!

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Lostgirl, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Lostgirl

Lostgirl New Member
    Registered

A quick rundown about me and the last few days on duromine.
    I'm 20/F, weigh around 113kgs and I'm 5'11. I've been overweight my whole life and currently am classified as obese. Even though I've been overweight my whole life I never had the motivation to want to lose weight. Around 3 weeks ago I decided that I had had enough of being the fat girl and that I wanted to do something about it. I cut out 99% of simple carbs from my diet eating only the occasional complex carbs (I was never a big carb eater anyway except for white pasta). I also went from a lifetime of drinking only soft drinks to weak cordial. For the last 3 weeks all I've had is water, at least a litre a day, usually more. I try to drink two cups of green tea daily and also got those fat blaster shakes. I didn't really get them as a weight loss thing but more because I never used to eat breakfast and that was a good substitute. I hardly have dairy but when I do I make sure it's low/no fat. Being a vegetarian I found myself eating stir frys every night for the first week. I went from literally no excercise to getting at least 30 mins a day a few times a week. After nearly three weeks of that I had not lost a single kilo. Frustrated, I tried duromine. Took my first tablet on Tuesday morning and didn't feel any different. Hardly slept that night but I'd read that that was normal. Wednesday I didn't feel hungry at all. Thursday and Friday (today) I've felt hungry but not starving. I have no idea what's going. Aren't I meant to be not hungry all the time while on duromine? I feel hungry despite eating! Duromine is the kick start I need and if this doesn't work then I have no idea what will. I've increased my water intake to around 2L. Currently I'm excercising at least 30 mins a day, not including things like getting off the train a stop earlier.
    Sorry for the rant but I'm just worried and desperate to lose weight! :(

2. kyrewyn

kyrewyn New Member
    Registered

dont dispair. i stil feel hungry 4 times a day and eat at these times. if nothing else i can tell you that it works differently for everyone and my body held onto weight for 5 days no loss then 3kg in next 5 days i think my body is very comfy! keep it up if you can

3. Lostgirl

Lostgirl New Member
    Registered

Thank you for your reply :) I wasn't sure if I should still be hungry! I haven't weighed in since I started taking duromine, I was going to wait until the 1 week mark but I can't wait so I'm doing it tomorrow morning!

4. aturn121

aturn121 New Member
    Registered

When I started I was getting hunger pains (I'm 130 kgs) was losing weight tho. I used my mth supply up
    Went back to the doctor , I had lost 8kg. But she put me on the 40g and I don't have any more hunger pains..
    She said because I'm so big I just need a stronger dose. Side affects are no worse and my energy levels are much better. I recommend taking ur pill at 5 to 5.30 am, just have them by ur bed so u can go back to sleep. I sleep like a baby :). Good luck

5. Lostgirl

Lostgirl New Member
    Registered

So you lost 8kgs in a month? Was that with excercise, if so how much were you excercising a day? What was your diet like? Have you lost more on the 40mg? I keep reading threads where people have lost like 8kgs in 7 days!
    I have no real side affects so I must be lucky! I couldn't sleep the first two nights but I think that's gone now.

6. aturn121

aturn121 New Member
    Registered

Morning , I go to the gym 5 to 6 times a week and walk on the treadmill. My diet ... not on one
    But I don't want fatty foods, the though makes me sick. Cause I'm not as hungry my meals are smaller.
    I was having opti fast for breakfast , but going up to the 40g I was not hungry so thought why waste
    Money and now I'm having 2kiwi fruit and a up and go.I have read threads that say that and I lost 4 kgs the first week and they don't keep on posting. So I reckon it slows down. 40g I don't think I am losing more but Deff not as hungry , I did have a grinding jaw for two days tho.
    I have read if u stop feeling thirsty it's not working, they call it cotton mouth lol. I have done two threads if u click on my name, I hope this helps. Don't give up as we are all different :)

7. Lostgirl

Lostgirl New Member
    Registered

Thank you for your reply :) Yes, I've also noticed that after the first week most people stop posting their results and those who do only manage to lose a kilo or two a week. Oh really? To be honest I haven't exactly experienced the dry mouth symptom. Not too sure what that means however I am aiming for 2L a day at least.
    Weighed myself this morning and after being on it for 4 days (not counting today's pill as I only took it a few hours ago) I've lost approx 3kgs! I say approx as I don't have a digital scale so I wasn't 100% on my start weigh however I am now 110kgs so I'm pretty happy with that. 15 more til I reach my mini target!

8. aturn121

aturn121 New Member
    Registered

That's a great result. I've just got back from the gym and are down another 2.5kgs :) so I'm rapt. So 40 days all up 30 days
    On 30g 8kgs and 10 day's on 40g and 3.5kgs. Not sure why ur not getting the dry mouth, u are lucky cause the first few days are he'll lol
    Keep up what ur doing cause it working :)

9. Lostgirl

Lostgirl New Member
    Registered

So. It's day 8 and I'm really down. I weighed myself on day 6 and I was down 4kgs which was amazing however I weighed myself again this morning and I was back up about 3kgs! I have no idea how that happened has I hadn't changed anything :/ I've been depressed all day and nearly in tears ready to give up. I have no idea what to do..

10. kyrewyn

kyrewyn New Member
    Registered

keep it up the body is an amazing organisim try to focus on weekly loss rather than daily. a single poo can weigh up tp 5kg yes you read correctly!

11. aturn121

aturn121 New Member
    Registered

Kerewyn is right, I was the same it said 1.5kgs I had gained in one week and I was crying on the way home from the gym
    Saying why am I'm putting my self through this shit if I put on. Hubby said it could be mussels as I'm walking every day
    But then I remembered I have not done a poo for 6 days, so off I go to the chemist and get Some laxative( I have major
    Constipation problems) and the next day I weigh my self (Yes it worked) !and I was 3kgs lighter :) so now when I weigh my self I'm not put of if it's gone up cause I know it's just a sit away and I'll be back on track :)

12. Jessykah

Jessykah New Member
    Registered

You will get better results if you keep eating healthy small meals through out the day along with excersise so you can maintain it once your off it.
    I posted a blog before which has my eating habits of your intrested.
    You have to understand duromine is also speeding up ur metabolism so you pretty much burn what u eat so why not start training your body now so you can maintain the results forever :)

13. Motivated

Motivated New Member
    Registered

Hi lost girl, have you been exercising? If yes, it may be your muscles building up, as muscles weigh more than fat and muscles makes your metabolism faster!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  • About Us

Duromineforum.com was created in 2009. Since then many people have found followers and new friends thanks to this forum. In addition, they all got a strong motivation and support. Starting from 2013, the forum achieves a new level - mini social network for people, who want to lose weight, blogs for losing weight people, weight loss before & after pictures, diet issues, etc.
  • Like us on Facebook