Day 4, looking for friends, tips and support

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mumof3, May 15, 2014.

1. Mumof3

Mumof3 New Member
    Registered

I started duromine on Monday, 30mg.. I took it and had a bit of a restless nights sleep, but last night was better :) I don't have any side effects except dry mouth and the sleep thing... Mostly I'm just blown away about how all my cravings have gone!!!! I have spent most of my mummy-life, organising kids, cleaning, working and going to gym....

And all this I tend not to eat all day till about 3pm then I eat a huge late lunch followed by huge dinner, followed by sweets with my partner when kids go to bed ! But since starting D I have made myself eat little breakfast and little bits through the day and dinner on small pate, and it's easy!! Which is so weird and fantastic!!! So yeah super blown away and happy ATM! I'm 169cm and started at 80kg (after birth of my third I was 97kg, and managed to get 17kg off but that was it due to my binge eating) and today I weigh 78kg!????? Omg I have not seen that number since high school!! Haha.

I love reading all the posts, it's very motivational... I would love to hear about everyone's eating plans, did anyone have trouble with not eating during the day and then binge eating -or is that just me *blush*?? And if you were a binge eater, did you manage to change your habits after the 3month script and keep your weight off??????
    Good luck everyone :) xx

#1 Mumof3, May 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2017
  2. Lanny Edey

Lanny Edey Member
    Registered

You sound very positive and motivated, so half the battle is won ;-)
    Eat 4-6 small meals a day, that may seem crazy but you need to fuel your body and get it out of starvation mode which only makes the body find any fat in your food when you binge and will keep it as much as possible, it will not let it go, thats where a lot of people get in trouble.

Start being accountable for your foods, processed food is a bad one, basically anything altered, refined, processed adds to your weight. Man, I really had a lot of trouble with my eating habits, I easily justified my food intake, I knew it was bad for me (but it tasted soooooo good), then after I ate it the guilt would hit me and I would get depressed. SO, I had a 'crack the poo' moment and starting eating things called Fruit, Veggies, Water, Wholemeal Bread etc I hated it (mentally) but after 2 weeks (without me really understanding why) my body started to crave these healthy options more and more. I started to watch what I was eating made my salads and cooked healthy at night. I have two kids under 7 so I really had to dig deep to get a new pattern happening when it came to meal time. Believe me, there were tears, and tantrums and slamming doors and yelling, and that was just me!

They say it takes 7 weeks to break a habit, Duromine gives you an extra 5 weeks on top of that, so see it as a bonus round ;-)
    Exercise, eat right or at least start introducing better foods into your new lifestyle and look beyond the next 3 months of your course of tablets and you will do well. It's a mindset, and thats one of the biggest challenges you will face in your you life.

Rock on, stay fab :)

#2 Lanny Edey, May 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
    Mumof3 likes this.
  3. Mumof3

Mumof3 New Member
    Registered

Thanks Lanny!!! Awesome tips!! I actually make pretty good food choices.. But I eat WAY to much!! So that's my goal to learn to eat small and frequent!!
    I so appreciate your support :)
    Oh yeah.... I have been tracking on my fitness pal... Is it bad if I don't make 1200cal some days? Oh and do you feel really racey at gym, when you work out? I felt like my heart was crazy at gym yesterday!??
    X

KelMumOf3 likes this.
  4. Lanny Edey

Lanny Edey Member
    Registered

Good to hear, big thing for me was eating on a regular basis. Personally, I hardly hit my required calorie intake, but I am aware of this and try and come close on most accounts. I say, if you feel full and satisfied (within reason) then it's okay.

At the gym I do HiiT (High intensity interval Training) for 30 mins on the elliptical which means I go hard for one minute and then slow for one minute (this alternates for the 30 mins), this ensures that my heart rates are always changing and I find it the most beneficial way to lose the Kgs. It puts your body in a guessing game and burns a lot of calories. But yes my heart rate does race at the gym, so monitor it and make sure that you are not getting dizzy etc. I also incorporate weights into my gym session, just so the weight loss is replaced by muscle tone. Seen a lot of people lose weight and just look gaunt, then I have seen people lose weight and trained with weights and it looks so much better.

I make no bones about it, gym can really suck, and there are times where I can convince myself not to go, do I fell guilt? Sure do, but I accept I am only human ;-)

Have fun at the gym and like you said you have only been on the tablet for a short while so I reckon that after a while you may feel different once the body accepts and changes to the new medicine.
    Rock on, stay fab :)

#4 Lanny Edey, May 16, 2014
  5. Mumof3

Mumof3 New Member
    Registered

Lanny we have something in common :) I love weights too!!, and I have this picture of myself in my head (sometime next year) and I'm not skinny, but fit and strong!! So yeah weights and cardio for me!!
    Another question, I haven't been to gym in 2 days, but I jumped on the scales this morning and I have put on 500grams!?? I'm sure I ate less than 1200 yesterday... I know I shouldn't be weighing everyday :/ is it normal to fluctuate while on D?

Thanks so so much for all your support and answers!!!
    I would love to know how your journey is going?? Hitting your goals? Or reached them yet?

#5 Mumof3, May 16, 2014
  6. Lanny Edey

Lanny Edey Member
    Registered

Cool, you have the right attitude. Are you drinking heaps of water? Maybe water retention? This is your 5th day on Duromine yeah? Let it kick in, if you need to weigh yourself fair enough, I just cant do it, just does my head in. But what I do know is I have had to change my clothes size twice and I need to go down another size very soon, but guess what? My actual weight hasn't changed in 2 weeks! What does that tell ya :)

My journey won't stop, I have nearly got my mindset right, it's been two years in the making, it has been a gradual change for me, I will have another year to go, so this time next year is where I will be happy to just maintain, don't get me wrong, I'm happy now but thats just because of my attitude. I've got heaps of support from my family which is great, they are right behind me in this.

One thing I do have is a cheat day/meal, I give myself permission to eat without restrictions, it shocks the body, plus it's nice to have that feeling of knowing I am in control. BUT, the next day its back to my lifestyle of eating healthy and boosting the body with the right fuels and exercise ;-)
    Rock on, stay fab ;-)

#6 Lanny Edey, May 16, 2014
    Mumof3 likes this.