Day 4 :D New symptoms.

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by biancaturley, Feb 25, 2014.

1. biancaturley

biancaturley New Member
    Registered

Its my fourth day using duromine 30MG today.
    Yesterday - My third day I experienced very funny symptoms such as head spins as well as dizziness also pains in my upper leg and heart palpitation. But i am thinking that it is because i LITERALLY STARVED MYSELF yesterday. As soon as i had my supper i felt A OK except for the dry mouth - I also have no sugar intake so could that be the reason for dizziness??? If i eat i get sick to my stomach no matter if it is tiny portions. The side effect aren't unbearable but i just need to find out if i can prevent them somehow. I don't eat unhealthy i snack on fruits if i am hungry around snack time and i have things like muesli and yoghurt for breakfast and fish fillets or a steak (Red meat) for supper with my veggies.
    I do not eat any sugar or junk food.
    Today i am feeling a little faint but i am guessing i need some sugar :/ i am on a ball at work full of energy and besides the new side effects I'm feeling great :D
    DUROMINE IS SLOWLY BUT SURELY CHANGING MY LIFE :) :D

Jodie Leigh likes this.
  2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello, Bianca
    About dizziness and faint. I think you should eat your fish or steak for lunch rather than for supper. Your body needs a good serving of protein and carbs throughout a day, still got to lose fat tissue. Or maybe, you should have something more for the breakfast? Because breakfast is the best meal your body digests it all up to the end. I mean, even if you eat more carbs than you think you should, it will all be digested throughout a day and will turn into energy, so that you will not gain any weight. Plus, you may feel sick in the morning if you eat heavy protein food in the evening, when your stomach slows down prior to bedtime. Depends on how you used to eat before your diet plan.
    Fruit, honey, nuts, raisins, berries - all good for getting sugar for the body. But avoid sugar drink, soda, coke, etc. Even fruit juices (from store) contain loads of sugar you have no idea of. So I wouldn't suggest to drink them. And candies too. Fruit salad, dressed with honey and lemon juice = perfect.

Hope you find some of my tips helpful;)
    Good luck!

3. Stargazer

Stargazer Member
    Registered

Biancaturley, how much water are you drinking, if you’re not eating anything or eating very little? Dehydration can cause dizziness and feeling faint.

Duromine can potentially lower your blood pressure slightly which can cause similar symptoms- which drinking more water will help even if you feel you are sufficiently hydrated. You should report the palpitations and pain in your leg along with the dizziness to your GP when you see them next. At the very least they should check your blood pressure.

As Kate pointed out, fruit is high in fructose (sugar). It is impossible to cut all carbohydrates/sugars from your diet and nor should you try to- your body needs a certain amount of complex carbohydrates and simple sugars. Unless you are diabetic hypoglycaemia is unlikely to be your problem.

Having said that, some foods containing carbohydrates/sugar are better than others in the sense that if they also contain fibre, fat and/or protein this will slow the digestion of the sugar and give you a more even release of sugar into your blood stream thus avoiding a “peak” and “fall” that will result in feeling irritable, lethargic, tired, dizzy, etc.

The rate at which sugar is released into the blood stream by foods is referred to as the “glycaemic index”. If drinking more water isn’t your problem, and your blood pressure is normal, then perhaps you could opt for foods that have a low glycaemic index. If you’re interested, I have attached a simple chart that shows what foods are low, medium and high on the glycaemic index scale. Note the section on fruit- some fruits can cause a sugar spike and eventual crash (medium and high glycaemic index) while others are lower and may help your symptoms.

Hope this helps! Good luck! xx

Attached Files:

twohundred and April like this.
  4. twohundred

twohundred New Member
    Registered

Thank you for the GI chart!