Day 4 and not sure if its working

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by pumie, Oct 1, 2013.

1. pumie

pumie New Member
    Registered

I've been on the 30mg for 4 days now and im not sure if its working properly, I don't really have any side effects ,besides that I cant fall asleep before midnight anymore and that I wake up early but feel well rested and not tired at all. im kind of confused coz im not sure if experiencing thirst or hunger, but I do drink a lot of water more than 2 litres a day. can someone please let me know if they experienced this, and after some time stopped feeling like this

JennyGordonii likes this.
  2. nothankstocake

nothankstocake New Member
    Registered

Count yourself lucky that you don't have any side effects! ;) Wish I didnt have them. I only had them at the start and towards the end of the 3month course. They didnt last long, looks like you were able to jump that hurdle!

3. Bonnie

Bonnie New Member
    Registered

Agreed, I am using it for about 5 days, only dry mouth with no hunger, and no other side affects, I think its all the water we drinking, but is it a problem that we have not lost any weight?

Kate likes this.
  4. Belinda

Belinda Member
    Registered

How are you going now girls have you started to loose any weight? Do you feel like it's working?

5. JacquiRose

JacquiRose Member
    Registered

I have been on 30mg for 3 days. First morning after taking it I woke up feeling hungover :/ I am extremely thirsty! And I either dont get hungry or I just get a feeling of pressure in my upper abdomen. I feel so awake and Optomistic. Was a bit tired today but was in the sun all day so makes sense. So far the scales say I've lost 1.5kg.. haven't done any excersise yet. Also apparently the bigger you are the more you'll lose in your first week so dont be discouraged!

Kate likes this.
  6. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, ladies....patience is the best supporter;)

7. Bonnie

Bonnie New Member
    Registered

I am a big girl and have been on it for two weeks and only lost 3kg, but like Kate said, PMS confuses the scale lol! so I will wait till the end of my PMS then weigh again xoxo

Kate likes this.
  8. Belinda

Belinda Member
    Registered

Every morning i wake up to jump on the scales to hopefully see a loss, but then if I hadn't lost I would be upset and being an emotional eater it would be the second thing I would want to do for a bit of stress relief, my viscous cycle. So this week I am only going to weigh in once, once a week. I have two weeks until I complete my months script! This will be the number that counts. I'm hoping for a 5kg weight loss. And I have no doubts I will get it!

9. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Belinda, you are doing right that you weigh yourself once a week. We've all been there so an everyday weigh in didn't work)))

10. Belinda

Belinda Member
    Registered

Thanks Kate, I have had a rough two days so I have eaten a few things I shouldn't of. And don't want to go backwards because of the number on the scale : )

Kate likes this.
  11. Belinda

Belinda Member
    Registered

I just did what I said I wouldn't Kate I weighed in. But it just gave me a good kick in the ass as I am back up to 69. Silly me I was down to 66.7 just a few days ago. It's crazy how when I'm down I head to the thing that most of all really makes me unhappy : ( something I've struggled with since having kids. I don't drink I don't do drugs I don't smoke my stress relief has been to put food in my mouth. A habit I just slipped back into.

12. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

:(

13. pumie

pumie New Member
    Registered

Hey ladies im back and thrilled with the progress i have made, but i havent weighed myself ever since i started taking Duromine, but i can really see the difference in my clothes and the fact that people can even notice my weight loss, but besides that im still not having any side effects besides insomia, ive been exercising 4-5 times a week doing HIP HOP ABS in the morning before i have breakfast, and im noticing im not sweating that much anymore, so im thinking about switching it up to Advanced TAEBO,im naturally pear shaped, and what ive noticed is that im really losing weight fast on my upper body but my bottom half is taking its own sweet time, so i wanted to know if there is any exercises or foods i should eat that will help my bottom half catch up with the top?

14. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, pumie, welcome back!
    Personally I think a treadmill should help in your situation, or some exercises I have found over the web:

1. By adding a short walk to your day, you will exercise the hip area and begin to attack the deposited fat cells.

2. Toning the abdominal muscles will also help lose hip fat. This can be done by performing a variety of ab exercises such as twists or crunches. Do not over do it with these. Abdominal exercises are most effective when done three times a week.

3. Squats are a great way to reduce unwanted fat on the hips. This is a simple exercise. You begin in an upright position and bend your knees, lowering your body. Then come back up. Not only will this exercise help with hip fat, but it will also tone leg muscles.

4. Cardio exercises (which is basically the same treadmill) are the best way to lose fat from the body. A complete cardio workout will speed the metabolism and burn calories. These exercises do not build muscle but they strengthen the heart and help burn calories.

15. pumie

pumie New Member
    Registered

Thanks Kate, i'll be trying these exercises out and let you know how it goes. Ooh and about the short walk, should i brisk walk or just walk normally?

16. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Well, I think it doesn't really matter - both are good. Try first a normal walk, then may skip to brisk, since it's closer to jogging. Have a great weak!:)

17. JacquiRose

JacquiRose Member
    Registered

Walking is freat to start your metabolism, i'm about to start a new gym in the same building ass my work. I have an hour and a bit between dropping my partner to work and starting work myself so what better way to spend this time then at the gym? right?!

Just be carful with those squats, if you're doing them wrong you can hurt your back and knees, if you're unsure just youtube the correct actions. I cant wait to start using the new gym and all the new equipment! Squats with dumbbells, ohh sounds like a good burn to me!

Kate likes this.