Day 4, and Duromine feels like it’s not working

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by Durominegirl, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Durominegirl

Durominegirl New Member
    Registered

Hello

Check out my blog for my full experience.

Quick question - day 4 on 30mg on Duromine, I had very little energy (even had an afternoon nap) I ate as I normally do (larger portions)
    Did anyone else experience this? First few days were as expected, a lot of energy no appetite but Day 4, I am back to my normal self.

2. NPM

NPM New Member
    Registered

Hi. I'm also on day 4 and didn't feel hungry at all for the first 3 days and didn't even eat much. But improved yesterday. I atleast consumed about 500 calories. And i just can't go over 600. Today though I felt hungry at lunch time. I ate oats and feeling better now. I lost 3kgs so far but I think it's just water wait. Will see how tomorrow goes. Good luck on your journey.

Zelinda70 likes this.
  3. Zelinda70

Zelinda70 New Member
    Registered

Maybe give it a week or so.... or you may need 40 mg.... are you getting the side effects

Rava likes this.
  4. Rava

Rava Active Member
    Registered

Hi @Durominegirl - so glad you found the forums!

I actually just responded on your blog, but will copy and paste relevant stuff here, just in case you don't see it :)

First things I would give your body at least a week to adjust - if your still feeling hungry, just remember you can always see your GP and ask for a higher dose if you feel as though your appetite is not suppressed. Some people get by on 15mg, others need the 40mg. All of our body needs are different, so what works for one might not work for another :)

You could also try taking it later on during the day, and see if it makes a difference to your energy levels. Another good thing to add is vitamins. Look at having a multi as well as maybe a vitamin B - these all contribute to your energy levels throughout the day, and what your body doesn't need, it just pee's out.

Did you do any exercise those first few days? Your lack of energy could be as simple as your body rebelling against the lack of calories added to exercise intensity. So on day 4 it's basically gone, "Bugger you, you have made me run around heaps, you haven't fed me like usual, and I'am absolutely knackered!" hence the need for sleep :)

Would love to know how you have been getting on, and to read about your journey some more :)

5. Rava

Rava Active Member
    Registered

@NPM - Just responded to your blog post also :)

How's your coffee intake going?

500 - 600 calories is less than what a bariatric patient is prescribed for weight loss. Your body will start rebelling if you don't eat enough, and you will find yourself getting quite ill - and for some it can happen quite quickly. It will lower your immune system and you will become more susceptible to anything going around.

If you cant get food down, maybe look at having a protein drink and just have little sips throughout the day to boost your calorie intake.

You might be surprised to find out what your body actually needs to maintain itself.

Maybe look into your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate). Your BMR measures your basal energy expenditure. Its basically a 24 hour estimation of the number of calories you burn maintaining your most basic bodily functions, such as breathing, circulating blood and growing and repairing cells.

If you want a more in-depth look you could then check our your Resting Energy Expenditure or REE (sometimes called RMR also). This one actually determines the number of calories you burn in a 24 hour period maintaining basic bodily functions, but also includes the number of calories burned eating and conducting small amounts of activity.

xx