Day 3 still hungry...

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by Alison Shiner, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Alison Shiner

Alison Shiner New Member
    Registered

Hi All. This is my 3rd day on Duromine 30mg. I am 168cm, 84kg and a first time user.
    I have been feeling no major side effects other then dry mouth, tachycardia and pimples on my face/back. I have been a little moody but nothing major and I am having no trouble sleeping at night.
    On majority of forums people say that their hunger literally disappears, but I am yet to experience this. I take it around 7am and have breakfast straight after. By lunch time I am hungry... for day 1 and 2 I didn't eat lunch to see if I could 'ride it out' but I am starving by dinner so I eat a normal meal at around 6pm.
    Day 3 I ate lunch thinking that maybe I would be fine for dinner... but it is now dinner time and I am starving again!
    I am just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience? Does it take a few days to kick in, or do I need a larger dose? I am not suggesting that I am trying to starve myself, but I just find it strange that most people say they can hardly stomach any food yet I can eat normally? Isn't the whole point to be an appetite suppressant?

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, Alison. You are right. The whole point of Duromine - appetite suppression.
    But it is also true that your body needs few days sometimes to get used to the drug. Give it a week and then visit a doctor maybe to increase the dose. Hope it helps and you will enjoy lack of appetite next week!

Cheers!
    Kate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Alison Shiner

Alison Shiner New Member
    Registered

Thanks Kate! I hopped on the scales this morning and I have lost over 6kg already! So something must be working. It has definitely eliminating been my snacking.

4. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

:D Really? Great!
    See, it works. Maybe just in a different way for you than for others. Anyways, great loss!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  • About Us

Duromineforum.com was created in 2009. Since then many people have found followers and new friends thanks to this forum. In addition, they all got a strong motivation and support. Starting from 2013, the forum achieves a new level - mini social network for people, who want to lose weight, blogs for losing weight people, weight loss before & after pictures, diet issues, etc.
  • Like us on Facebook