Day 3 and seems to be working :)

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Bancs, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Bancs

Bancs New Member
    Registered

Hi All. I am on Day 3 taking 30mg
    I seem to be a lucky one with barely any side effects (touch wood) and definately seeing the good effects of the drug.
    Only side effects so far is slight headaches and dry mouth. Just making sure i drink lots of water (aiming for 3 ltrs a day)
    My appetite has decreased, so comfortably having much smaller portions and not feeling hungry between meals. I've always been a big snacker and always needed a big dinner to feel full. Yesterday i had hearty breakfast of weet bix with banana and skim milk followed by an egg on wholemeal toast, garden salad with a small serve of chicken for lunch and only a couple of peices of fruit for dinner. I was really surprised to find that i didn't feel like dinner at all.
    With ankle, hip and shoulder problems excersize is a drama for me, which is why my dr prescribed duromine for me to try and reduce my weight before i start an active excersize program. I can manage walking most of the time if my nerves aren't pinching so i hope this will help if taken in conjuction with a controlled diet.
    i have one question, does anyone see a problem with going on the VLCD shakes while taking Duromine? I have tried shakes in the past and they have worked, i just never was able to stick with them because i always felt too hungry. I guess i am wanting to give this the best chance of working i possibly can. I have a 10mth old and would love to lose a bit of weight for his 1st birthday which is the end of feb (would love pics from his birthday to be with a slightly less fat mum lol)
    Thanks for letting me share, and good luck to everyone else who has started their journey. May we lose lots and lots and lots of weight together ;)

My stats: SW 112.5kgs CW ?? GW 85kgs (going to try and stay away from scales until i reach my 2 week mark. Then i checkin with my dr in 1 mth)

2. Bancs

Bancs New Member
    Registered

PS I am 167cm and 34. Hoping to reach my goal weight in 6mths.

3. MsEvaP1

MsEvaP1 New Member
    Registered

Goodluck and keep up the good work! I look forward to reading your future posts.

4. Bancs

Bancs New Member
    Registered

Ok i caved and have been weighing in =) Sooo happy with results so far. Headaches have disappeared and staying well hydrated is helping with the dry mouth feeling. I am thankfull that i am not have sleep issues but when i am awake...i am awake. As soon as i wake up it like.."what can i start doing". The extra energy is fantastic. I have been told though, to not try and push myself so i don't have any "crashes". Now to the exciting part.
    My weigh ins have been:
    Fri 4th (SW) - 112.5kg
    Sat 5th (Started Duromine)
    Mon 7th - 111.1kg
    Wed 9th (today) - 109.7kg
    so a total of 2.8 kgs lost so far with 2 days still to go for my first week. YAAAYYY!!!
    Have also noticed a looser fit with my shorts in my waist and butt area (yeah) Happy it's coming off those areas first.

5. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello Bancs!
    Good to know you do great and that you feel difference in your weight right away. Slight side effects are pretty normal, we all know that already..but my question is what kind of ankle, hip and shoulder problem you have? Is it the joints? If so, you may ask your dr to prescribe you some joint&cartilage supporters. I used to have knee problems all my life (as well as other joints tend to "crackle" all the time) ) , plus I started workouts along with Duromine that time..so I was taking special joint and cartilage complex that is harmless but really helps for joints.
    As for VLCD shakes, I think only doctors know the best answer, but I also used to take some before/after workouts between meals (but these were protein shakes mostly). Anyway, I think you can have them, but as brunch, or afternoon snack maybe. Just do not overdo, please) )
    All in all I believe you can do it up to your little darling's b-day! Just keep going!

6. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm sorry I didn't see your latest post, but more so I am happy for you even more! Frankly speaking you have now excellent results that few people have! :D Good job!

7. Bancs

Bancs New Member
    Registered

Thanks Kate, I feel terrific with how it is going.
    My Ankles are more ligiment problems. Just as long as i warm them up before trying to do anything and strap for excersizing, it's not too much of a drama. My knee i haven't ever really had checked out. I've always put it down to the extra wear on my joint from the weight i'm carring. I take krill oil tablets to help with my knee, which it does. My hips are nerve problems which cause extreme muscle pain from spasaming. I am having that treated with meds and physio at the momment.
    Thank you for your suggestions and support. It definately helps you stay motivated.

8. Bancs

Bancs New Member
    Registered

oh and my shoulder (sounds like my whole body is falling apart lol) is apartly more in my collar bone and is pitching nerves as well. When it plays up its usually after i have done heavy lifting or just move too fast the wrong way.

9. caragh87

caragh87 New Member
    Registered

Congrats Bancs! That's really exciting and motivating :)

10. Bancs

Bancs New Member
    Registered

My first week is done. I am determind not to weigh in until the end of this week. Still experiencing minimal side effects :) After being a big eater and loving food for so long i still can't believe how little i am eating (very little but offen)

11. caragh87

caragh87 New Member
    Registered

Hi Bancs.. the not eating thing feels SO strange.
    I have been food obsessed my whole life, but now i'm not hungry so just trying to eat the stuff I love but in TINY portions.

How is your sleep going?

12. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Good day, ladies!
    Please be careful with "not eating"! I know how it starts, the pills work amazing, but you too should control things. Small portions 4-5 times a day - perfect and don't be afraid of gaining weight. Since the food is healthy, small portions do even better job!