Day 3 & 3kgs down :)

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Jess, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Jess

Jess New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone,

I started taking Duromine 30mg on Sunday, and am using it to form good habits for an ongoing lifestyle change.

Before I get further into it....

I am a 22yro Female living in Australia. I have rheumatoid arthritis in my hips which makes mobility difficult in the colder months, and if I have been overusing my hips.

SW 98kg
    CW 95 kg (it's been 3 days!)
    GW 73kg (its an odd number but its ideal for my BMI)

I had no idea Duromine even existed, and have struggled with my weight for years. The only problem was that I already ate an incredibly good diet; having been diagnosed as gluten intolerant at 14 meant I was in and out of nutritionalists and dieticians learning how to manage a diet that was not yet common. I also exercise with a friend 4 times a week, and have worked out a minimum of 2 days a week for the last 3 years.

Eventually I went to see a new Dr for a completely unrelated reason (chest cold) and was instead drilled endlessly about my weight issues. It was the first time someone had used the phrase "obese" and she was using it excessively. Having already done everything I was meant to be doing, I was at my wit's end. She didn't believe me but ended up prescribing Duromine, which I was really uneasy about.

Having researched like crazy, I decided to fill the script and I am over the moon with the results.

I was weighed on Thursday as 97.9kg and 170.5cm tall, definitely throwing me into the obese category.
    I spent Thursday night and Friday morning researching and got my script filled on Friday afternoon, ready to start first thing Saturday morning.

I've read through dozens and dozens of other entries and I seem to be using Duromine completely differently to everyone else, yet my results speak for themselves.

I am using Duromine to:

- Assist my portion control
    - Kick start my metabolism
    - Lose enough weight to take the strain off my arthritis so I can push through workouts more
    - Use the extra energy to get well established in my gym routine

I am using it for 1 month (will heavily consult with DR before deciding on a 2nd month or not), as it takes a month to form a habit.

I am assisting Duromine do these things by:

- Eating small nutrient rich food, every 2-3 hours
    - Drinking 3L of water a day
    - Exercising 4-5 times a week

So far I have NO SIDE EFFECTS, and have been losing around 1.5kgs a day. I wake up naturally around 6, I have so much energy and zest for life, I am in the most incredible mood, I'm motivated and I'm loving the burn from gym sessions. I have no trouble remembering to eat every few hours as I get hungry (meaning my metabolism is firing) but I'm satisfied by a small piece of fruit (portion control is kicking in).

So far so good, and I'm on the right track to continue this weight loss. I'de love to hear if you followed a similar diet/regime whether or not you kept the weight off?

If you would like to see a food diary, please let me know :)

I look forward to the support of the Duromine community,

Jess

Kate likes this.
  2. Tash

Tash Member
    Registered

Hey great job! I'd love to see your food diary to see if I can change my food around as I have only lost 2kg in two weeks. Thanks :)

3. Jess

Jess New Member
    Registered

Hi Tash,

Thanks! Let's hope it doesn't plateau any time soon :S

So basically as I'm gluten intolerant I've always been in the habit of carrying food around so it's natural to just grab something to throw in my bag on my way out. Unfortunately it can be just as easy to grab something terrible for me, so to combat it I make up snack packs.

This weeks snack packs (I make them in sandwich bags/containers that I reuse, and I make 7 of each)
    - Carrot, cucumber, celery
    - Almonds, brazil nuts, banana chips
    - Spinach, broccoli and bok choy (all steamed)

So a basic day of food would consist of (bear in mind I am gluten intolerant so I don't purposefully cut out carbs, it's just what my body is capable of processing):

*also note, I take 2-3 TBSPs of apple cider vinegar before every large meal as it helps aid in digestion, and assists the breaking down of fats... it is also great for your skin!*

Breakfast 7am : 2 soft boiled eggs with a bunch of steamed asparagus

9am: an apple and a green tea

11 am: carrot snack pack

12:30: Baked chicken with spices (I focus on portion control so I only have a piece that is about half the size of my palm) with steamed vegies.

2pm: Almond snack pack

4pm: carrot and a herbal tea

6pm: Baked salmon with a berry and almond salad

For intense sugar cravings I usually prepare a Paleo chocolate (2 tbsps coconut oil, 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp of raw cacao powder- mix and I pour it into ice cube moulds with a raspberry in each. Leave it in the freezer and it will set in 5 mins. ) You only need 1 or 2 to feel completely and utterly satisifed.

And if I'm feeling like a sweet weekend breakfast I make GF banana pancakes.

1 egg
    1 mashed banana
    2tbsp dessicated coconut
    2tbsp almond meal or protein powder.

Mix, cook on low heat in coconut oil, serve with lots of berries.

I hope this helps!

Kate, Tash and Karen D like this.
  4. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello, Jess! Thank you for the food diary! I am sure it will help lots of ladies here a lot!

still have a question.

qtd: *also note, I take 2-3 TBSPs of apple cider vinegar before every large meal as it helps aid in digestion, and assists the breaking down of fats... it is also great for your skin!* - I'm sorry, do you usually take it alone? or mixed with water? Because if not to mix the apple vineagar with water it way cause gastritis or even gastric ulcer!!

#4 Kate, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013